Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 12:35:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower of Samsara
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Tower of Samsara  (Read 30311 times)
AmusedSloth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2016, 11:52:46 PM »

Really nice looking! I wish you all the best with your kickstarter campaign guys!

Amused Sloth was created with a single purpose in mind, make great games. Blog | Twitter | Facebook
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:38 AM »

Good luck guys!

Thanks a lot!! Smiley)

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2016, 01:21:02 AM »

Really nice looking! I wish you all the best with your kickstarter campaign guys!

Thanks AmusedSloth! I hope you are indeed amused!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2016, 01:33:24 AM »

Backed.

Good luck!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2016, 01:52:49 AM »

Backed.

Good luck!

Smiley)) ! thanks!

Uprising Studios
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2016, 01:13:22 AM »

Good luck with the KS!!
We've just backed!
Hope you guys get it!  Smiley Smiley

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:47 AM »

Good luck with the KS!!
We've just backed!
Hope you guys get it!  Smiley Smiley

Thanks a lot! We will issue the first update soon!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »

Yesterday was a big day for us! We made 3,499€ in 24 hours and got featured in a lot of sites! Here are some links by language for you to check out!

English

http://psp2roundup.blogspot.com.br/2016/05/pixel-platformer-tower-of-samsara-has.html

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/03/tower-of-samsara-goes-on-a-crowdfunding-journey/205385/

http://www.greenlightgames.co.uk/tower-samsara-kill-not-kill/

Portuguese

https://jovemnerd.com.br/nerdnews/tower-of-samsara-jogo-brasileiro-busca-financiamento-no-kickstarter/

http://www.gameworld.com.br/13571-tower-of-samsara-inaugura-campanha-no-kickstarter

Spanish

http://equilateral.es/2016/05/arranca-el-kickstarter-de-tower-of-samsara/

French

http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article386849.html

http://veuillezparlapresente.com/actualite/tower-of-samsara-projet-kickstarter-plus-profond-quescompte/

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/tower-of-samsara-se-lance-sur-kickstarter-A163071.html

Italian

http://www.freeplaying.it/2016/05/03/kickstarter-tower-samsara-il-soulslike-roguelike-pixellino-italiano/

http://www.everyeye.it/notizie/tower-of-samsara-al-via-la-campagna-kickstarter-260439.html

http://www.gamesvillage.it/videogiochi/news/134874/tower-of-samsara-viene-lanciato-sul-kickstarter/

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »

We reached 10%! May the 4th be with you!

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2016, 06:42:11 PM »

Just backed it.  Smiley

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »

Just backed it.  Smiley

Just saw it! Thanks!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:38 AM »

Also just realized Risk of Rain composer is on board, f**king loved that OST, great addition.

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:46 AM »

I'm reading the comments on steam and I don't think you're handling your PR effectively. Comments like:

Its fine. You won't be missed.

...is just not something you should say when reacting to criticism IMHO. As an ambassador for your game, you shouldn't stoop to the same level as the criticism you are facing. I realize you're annoyed by some of the comments there but you have nothing to win by replying with hostility. It gives the impression that you can't handle criticism. For a lot of people on steam, they're just waiting for a dev to get into a verbal fight and you just bit that bait pretty hard. You have nothing to win here by reacting that way.

Some people will start arguing with them, other users. State your position calmly by quoting official sources like you did. To be fair, I think some of them provided some reasonable input and you seemed to admit so yourself.

I'm saying this with your best interest at heart. I know because I sometimes react impulsively too and regret it after. Writing something out of anger rarely turns out for the best. If anything, people will see they can get a rise out of you and other people will join in for some mayhem and it all goes downhill from there.

And as expected, Wilco responded in kind, spurred by your reaction. I mean, the guy is clearly not stupid:

"There are two categories in Steam Greenlight: One for mostly-finished games seeking distribution via Steam and one for early builds and concepts that are simply seeking feedback from the community. You can choose the right category for your title when you post."

What he quoted is not false. Your game would make more sense as Early Access than as Greenlight. I actually agree with him on that specific point.

This is also a valid argument, especially the point in bold:
I'm not sure I agree with you that the FAQ is either contradictory or unclear. It seems pretty straightforward. While you could say that 'mostly finished' is somewhat vague, it's definitely not in the realms of 'two-and-a-half-years away' vague.

I'm not trying to assign 'fault' (and I don't really care if you want to blame your artist or not) but I am interested to know that since you're now aware of the requirement, what your actions are going forward as it's those that define you.

I mean, I agree with that too. It's seems pretty clear cut that there was a mistake here when your artist submitted the game and didn't read the FAQ thoroughly. Instead of blaming the community as being ferocious, I would certainly try to steer the ship around and admit the mistake, it'll be a lot more beneficial for the game in the long run that way (which I'm sure it's what you want).

Also, saying it's the artist's fault openly like that is also a faux-pas, you're putting him on the spot and this gives the impression that there's dysfunctional communication in your team and lack of cohesion. I know this would piss me off unless it was agreed beforehand.

I hope you'll roll with the punches on this one. Good luck!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2016, 06:31:36 AM »

Also just realized Risk of Rain composer is on board, f**king loved that OST, great addition.

Haha yes! He is the best Smiley

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2016, 06:39:26 AM »

I'm reading the comments on steam and I don't think you're handling your PR effectively. Comments like:

Its fine. You won't be missed.

...is just not something you should say when reacting to criticism IMHO. As an ambassador for your game, you shouldn't stoop to the same level as the criticism you are facing. I realize you're annoyed by some of the comments there but you have nothing to win by replying with hostility. It gives the impression that you can't handle criticism. For a lot of people on steam, they're just waiting for a dev to get into a verbal fight and you just bit that bait pretty hard. You have nothing to win here by reacting that way.

Some people will start arguing with them, other users. State your position calmly by quoting official sources like you did. To be fair, I think some of them provided some reasonable input and you seemed to admit so yourself.

I'm saying this with your best interest at heart. I know because I sometimes react impulsively too and regret it after. Writing something out of anger rarely turns out for the best. If anything, people will see they can get a rise out of you and other people will join in for some mayhem and it all goes downhill from there.

And as expected, Wilco responded in kind, spurred by your reaction. I mean, the guy is clearly not stupid:

"There are two categories in Steam Greenlight: One for mostly-finished games seeking distribution via Steam and one for early builds and concepts that are simply seeking feedback from the community. You can choose the right category for your title when you post."

What he quoted is not false. Your game would make more sense as Early Access than as Greenlight. I actually agree with him on that specific point.

This is also a valid argument, especially the point in bold:
I'm not sure I agree with you that the FAQ is either contradictory or unclear. It seems pretty straightforward. While you could say that 'mostly finished' is somewhat vague, it's definitely not in the realms of 'two-and-a-half-years away' vague.

I'm not trying to assign 'fault' (and I don't really care if you want to blame your artist or not) but I am interested to know that since you're now aware of the requirement, what your actions are going forward as it's those that define you.

I mean, I agree with that too. It's seems pretty clear cut that there was a mistake here when your artist submitted the game and didn't read the FAQ thoroughly. Instead of blaming the community as being ferocious, I would certainly try to steer the ship around and admit the mistake, it'll be a lot more beneficial for the game in the long run that way (which I'm sure it's what you want).

Also, saying it's the artist's fault openly like that is also a faux-pas, you're putting him on the spot and this gives the impression that there's dysfunctional communication in your team and lack of cohesion. I know this would piss me off unless it was agreed beforehand.

I hope you'll roll with the punches on this one. Good luck!

I see Toaster X.

You are indeed right on every point you mentioned. I'll delete my comment. I should indeed think twice of everythink I say since I am the only one who has something to lose.

It was indeed tottaly our fault.

Thanks for being kind. I learned a lot in the past few days.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »

Yesterday we got some fan art for our game  Waaagh!

AAAnd we continue on the fight, we are at 13%!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774101425/tower-of-samsara

Also some other fan arts from before:

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »

The concept art is looking nice, especially the black and white one.

Be careful not to spam your game either, it can come across as obnoxious. It's part of the violation mentioned in the rules thread which you can consult there.

I understand you want to remain on the first page to get as much attention as possible for your KickStarter but keep in mind you're part of a community, this is TIG not towerofsamsara.com  Giggle.

Just to give you an idea by the respective authors:

Castle Masher:
April 11-17-21-May 3rd

Ninjeten:
Dec 16- May 3- May 5

Project Rain World:
May 3- May 4- May 5.

STX:
April 30- May 1- May 3.

compared to:

Tower of Samsara:

May 5th:
03:20 - 6:39 -12:53

I know you don't mean to and you really want your campaign to succeed but don't overdo it!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »

The concept art is looking nice, especially the black and white one.

Be careful not to spam your game either, it can come across as obnoxious. It's part of the violation mentioned in the rules thread which you can consult there.

I understand you want to remain on the first page to get as much attention as possible for your KickStarter but keep in mind you're part of a community, this is TIG not towerofsamsara.com  Giggle.

Just to give you an idea by the respective authors:

Castle Masher:
April 11-17-21-May 3rd

Ninjeten:
Dec 16- May 3- May 5

Project Rain World:
May 3- May 4- May 5.

STX:
April 30- May 1- May 3.

compared to:

Tower of Samsara:

May 5th:
03:20 - 6:39 -12:53

I know you don't mean to and you really want your campaign to succeed but don't overdo it!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

So, are you saying that if a developer visits their devlog fairly irregularly and ten other people comment on the devlog (and for arguments sake let's say all have posted questions that the developer wants to respond to) then the developer HAS TO include all the replies in a single reply and can't reply in ten separate replies?   In this case, only one of the three posts that you are referring to was an "original" post - the other two are replies.  I've seen many other developers reply with separate posts, so ...

p.s.  If you want to build solid evidence, you might wanna pay attention to details.  03:20 was actually the time or your post. Wink

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2016, 03:03:36 AM »

(here, let's bump his thread Smiley)

So, are you saying that if a developer visits their devlog fairly irregularly and ten other people comment on the devlog (and for arguments sake let's say all have posted questions that the developer wants to respond to) then the developer HAS TO include all the replies in a single reply and can't reply in ten separate replies?

First of all, let's get something out of the way: no one HAS TO do anything (capital letters included). As in real life, there are cold written rules and the other, more subtle and often social related rules: i.e. killing someone is illegal, mowing the lawn at 6 in the morning isn't but it's usually frowned upon so people don't do it because they're part of a community. Now that's clear, let's continue.

I personally see no point in replying in multiple replies since we have tools like [ hr ] minus the space which can lead to very organized post and replies. It's beside the point anyway as people proceeding that way generally answer all of the questions right away, which doesn't constantly bump the thread back up every hour.

What I consider can come across as obnoxious isn't to reply in multiple posts in a short time but to repeatedly spam the thread in other to attract attention (sort of like advertising which overstays its welcome if you will).

p.s.  If you want to build solid evidence, you might wanna pay attention to details.  03:20 was actually the time or your post.

Oops! My bad, you're right, it was. Either way, it's not meant to be solid evidence but other examples from what other people are doing and take it from there. There are no hard rules as to how often a devlog should be updated and nether should there be. There needs to be some leeway and flexibility there. I personally find it obnoxious when a dev spams little updates with little content when a KS is on as a tool of promotion (which I'm not saying is the case here). It's like having a conversation as a group and having a kid shouting at the top of his lungs to get attention and drown everyone else. It could be the coolest game on Earth, that would totally demotivate me to support it. Maybe other people feel the same way and therefore, pacing updates regularly in a timely fashion with substantial content would be beneficial people going for promotion. This is actually a recommendation on KickStarter itself actually where they mention that insisting too much can be detrimental to your project.

I'd like to think that TIG is a community and not just a shop window for self-promotion so dealing with the forums as a community rather than ad space can actually turn out to be better for people running a KS than the opposite.

My opinion, insight, perspective above. By no means obligatory rule. 

EDIT: Fixed typos and syntax mistakes.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »

I see, sorry I was trying no to overdo it (like 2x per day, but just on the first week). Shrug

also being defended by io3 creations was unexpected.. thanks everybody

deep inside I know you all love each other.

anyway, by the looks of our kicktraq we are not gonna do it Smiley i think our game needs more development before going into kickstarter, so we can promise it to a sooner date. also a LOT of people from sony wants the game on ps4 and psvita, we will consider dropping mac & linux to focus on those, and putting ps4 & vita keys on the next kickstarter.

Thanks a lot anyway you both, we'll now regroup and reschedule.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:58:41 AM by MarteloNero » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic