Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 02:29:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBest Indie Games of 2013 (Poll)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Best Indie Games of 2013 (Poll)  (Read 11011 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skullgirls

2012 for xbla and ps3

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »

2013 on PC.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 11:25:45 AM »

(and yeah sometimes games are released for new platforms. but if there are no major changes to them i don't think that matters, because then we open a situation where games like fez can both be indie game of the year for 2012 and indie game of the year for 2013)

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

i'm surprised nobody voted for towerfall yet -- it was one of the big indie games of 2013; i guess nobody has an ouya here? (i don't either, but i've heard a lot of good things about that game)

I haven't posted here yet because I haven't gotten around to playing as many 2013 games as I think I should, but TowerFall is definitely on my list. I'd also mention Terraria 1.2 if major updates to existing games count, and Super Hexagon and Spelunky HD if their PC versions can be counted separately from their original releases.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

A bit off-topic, but is there any place we could vote for our favourite DevLogs? There are so many excellent ones I'd like to mention ..

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »

A bit off-topic, but is there any place we could vote for our favourite DevLogs? There are so many excellent ones I'd like to mention ..

i actually also once ran a 'most anticipated indie game' poll where people would vote for the games that they were most looking forward to seeing released (unreleased games were allowed, and also unfinished games in open beta), so that is somewhat similar to what you said here. but i haven't ran a poll like that in years; feel free to make one yourself

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »

Frankly I believe we should specify the platform. it feels a bit unfair not being able to vote for some games because some of us were not part of the console scrubs when X game came out, like Fez and Skullgirls and such. I couldnt have voted for Fez last year since I didnt own an eggsbawcks, but I own a PC and got a chance to try it at last this year, and this is a pc master race oriented board for the most part.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »

that's understandable, but a) this is the way the rules have always been for these polls for the last 4 years, and there's no *more* reason to change it now than before, and there wasn't much of a problem in terms of results -- e.g. games that are only on consoles, such as spelunky hd and fez, still placed well in 2012, and

b) as i mentioned, if we let new games in every time they were released for a new platform, we'd have bizarre situations where a game can be indie game of the year (or on the list) several years in a row. i think it's fairer to games that are *only* on one platform this way, because merely porting a game to another platform would give a game multiple chances / entries, and those games that are only on one platform would only have one chance

also, i don't think it's true that this forum is mostly made up of people who do not own consoles; there were a ton of votes for fez and spelunky hd in 2012, even though those were console-only at that time; enough votes that they placed very high in the rankings (although the top game was a PC game)

forwardresent
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

I liked a lot of games this year, and there are a few I still need to play.

Starseed Pilgrim is probably the game I played most this year, still play it a lot, between that and FJORDS for my favourite release this year. Also loved Stanley Parable, Eldritch, Gunpoint, Papers, Please, The Swapper, Monster Loves You, Nuclear Throne, Volgarr The Viking, Kentucky Route Zero and Kerbal Space Program.

*edit* I also really liked Anodyne but couldn't remember if just the Android port came out this year.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:31:46 PM by forwardresent » Logged
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »

I vote for Super Hexagon and Anodyne, Anodyne, Anodyne...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 05:23:03 PM »

I don't think TIG is that PC-centric. It's just that most people here DEVELOP games for PC and as a result also use their PC for playing games in addition to other platforms.

ANYWAY:

Gone Home
Papers Please
Mercenary Kings
Rogue Legacy (still undecided as to whether I think its actually good or just "addictive" tho)

I just realized I haven't played a lot of new indie gams this year.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »

There is a criminal ignorance of Mighty Switch Force 2 in this community.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »

I liked the Stanley Parable and Papers, Please
edit: Multiplayer winner for me would be Monaco

I also get some masochistic pleasure in failing Spelunky's daily challenge since its PC release, so it would be on my list as well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:27:45 PM by Sved » Logged

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »

holy shit, i just played fjords. i rescind my previous nominations and put them all on fjords

fjords

Floresy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »

Samurai Gunn
Gone Home
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »

Just modified my vote to add Monaco - didn't realize it came out so recently! It's a great game.

EDIT: And again with Antichamber. It was released all the way back in January.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:46:48 AM by SundownKid » Logged

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »

starseed pilgrim, gone home, and papers please
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »

Sanctum 2 was not as good as Sanctum. Too multiplayer oriented IMHO. Still fun, though.
Sang-Froid was kickass. Great concept, great execution. Possibly my indie GotY. They didn't do anything especially new - essentially Sanctum in a new setting - but they did it so damn well. And the setting they used is brilliant.
Gunpoint surprised me, in that I enjoyed it so much yet I normally dislike platformers.
Antichamber probably belongs on there.
Shadowrun Returns was pretty great.
I really wanna try Redshirt.
Maybe Haemimont doesn't count because they have a publishing relationship with Kalypso, but Omerta was a wonderful surprise.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:48:40 AM by starsrift » Logged

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
forwardresent
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 02:54:20 AM »

Sang-Froid was kickass.

Totally forgot this came out this year, I really liked how tactical this got. I wasn't expecting much past your typical 3rd person affair and was pleasantly surprised.
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »

papers please, expeditions: conquistador, ring runner: flight of the sages, ossuary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic