Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 09:31:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: Legend Of Zelda
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: Legend Of Zelda  (Read 27340 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

@pgil: if you kill all of the enemies in a room and nothing appears, or if there's just like one-four blocks in the middle of a room, try pushing the blocks.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »

You can get a ladder somewhere but you don't need it. Go back a couple rooms and there is a locked door you can go through. I was stuck there for a while too Tongue

Edit: that level 4 mini boss caught me totally off guard and I panicked and died.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »

This thread is blowing my mind. As a child I had Nintendo Power, so when I first played the game I already new about the old woman and where to find a ladder. It's so great to see people actually playing this through and discovering it all for the first time.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »

Yeah it gives a good sense of accomplishment when you find secrets on your own. Since I don't know where they are though I've been burning through bombs on anything mildly suspicious.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »

You can get a ladder somewhere but you don't need it. Go back a couple rooms and there is a locked door you can go through. I was stuck there for a while too

I am still confused about this, I used a key on that door that gets you to the middle of a room that has the map in it but you can't get off the "island".  I had to buy a key to unlock the other locked door.  I guess I just wasted a key on that first door?  It didn't seem to do anything at all Sad

Edit: that level 4 mini boss caught me totally off guard and I panicked and died.

this happened to me first time to Smiley

Yeah it gives a good sense of accomplishment when you find secrets on your own. Since I don't know where they are though I've been burning through bombs on anything mildly suspicious.

So true I spent like 6 bombs on this large rock I thought was suspicious but didn't find anything Smiley . I've been bombing tons of stuff but still haven't found very many secrets.  I've been having fun finding overworld secrets.  I finally figured out there's more then one fairy pond which is nice for not having to trek back and forth on the map so much. statues have proved useful for me on the overworld I feel like the candle should be useful somewhere in the overworld but I haven't found it yet...
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

ZELDA GLITCH QUIZ TIME!!

What happens when you use a medicine at the exact time when you die? Which action takes priority?

Answer correctly and win the respect of your peers!

Anyway, givin' Level-9 another go. Picked up Key-Rex now so there ain't no stopping me now (btw, SirNiko, the reason I didn't pick it up before was because I thought, for some strange reason, it was actually inside the ninth dungeon itself). I'd already carved myself out a path to Gannon anyway, but it doesn't hurt to carry around a bit of insurance so I don't get stuck again.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »

@dustin I made it all the way to the mini boss in level 4 with out buying a single key. Maybe you missed picking one up. One thing you could try is when you enter a room kill everything occasionally you might get a key unexpectedly (ie never completely skip a room). Also I don't think that key was wasted, if you don't have the ladder yet you may have some searching to do  Wink
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

@dustin - i don't think you can do anything at the graveyard yet, until you have a certain item that's in a dungeon you haven't gone to yet. but until then, you could try touching every single gravestone. one of them doesn't work the way all the others do. but there's no real need to do even that, especially since you don't have the item that you need to use on that gravestone yet. and then even when you get the item, find the gravestone, and go inside, you *still* need something else in order for anything to happen; it's a late game thing

pgil
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »

Beat level 5, looking for level 6 (I already found it once... I should really print out the map and draw in the blank sections)
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

and then even when you get the item, find the gravestone, and go inside, you *still* need something else in order for anything to happen

I wasn't aware that an item was necessary for the graveyard. I always just walked up and pushed the gravestone. Never had any problems before.

Yeah, I just checked on a fresh game, you can go straight to that particular graveyard secret from the beginning of the game, no problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:47:50 PM by Richard Kain » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:31 PM »

hmmmm i may be confusing it with something in the second quest then

so nevermind what i said, i guess you can just push the gravestone? that isn't very secret!

pgil
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

Those blue wizard things in level 6 are assholes. And they're not even fun to kill.

edit: Also, I just found a secret stairway under a statue outside level 6... But it just leads to the first room in that dungeon. Is that a bug, or am I missing a super-secret?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:23:41 PM by pgil » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »

i don't think it's a bug, but it's also kind of pointless

the instruction manual said "there may be several entrances into the same dungeon" and i guess it's referring to that. i wish they had done more with that than they did (e.g. have several hidden ways into dungeons, starting you off in different points in a dungeon or something)

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

The way the game is programmed, all entrances on a screen always will lead to the same underground place. In the original game, this only matters for that one dungeon that inexplicably has two entrances (And by matters I mean it doesn't matter, they both are functionally identical). In Zelda Classic games and ROM hacks this quirk is exploited to create one-way tunnels and warps.

The second entrance is just a bizarre relic of the programmers. If it has any significance, it has been lost to history.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »

I think what it's supposed to be is the link that leads you back outside once you score the Triforce fragment. Unnecessary in Levels like 7/8, since those entrances fit the criteria themselves; and I think in 1/4, they're concealed in the indestructible trees to the side or something to that effect.

They are kind of pointless though, even though it was nifty to discover them.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »

I've discovered that if you are VERY conservative with your keys, it is actually possible to save up enough of them to see you through Death Mountain without ever getting the magic key. I was half-way through dungeon 8 and sitting on a pile of over 20 keys.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »

I made it all the way to the mini boss in level 4 with out buying a single key. Maybe you missed picking one up. One thing you could try is when you enter a room kill everything occasionally you might get a key unexpectedly (ie never completely skip a room). Also I don't think that key was wasted, if you don't have the ladder yet you may have some searching to do  

Yeah I must have missed a key somewhere.  I have the ladder and have finished that dungeon but never did figure out that room.  Oh well maybe that's where I missed a key.

@dustin - i don't think you can do anything at the graveyard yet, until you have a certain item that's in a dungeon you haven't gone to yet. but until then, you could try touching every single gravestone. one of them doesn't work the way all the others do. but there's no real need to do even that, especially since you don't have the item that you need to use on that gravestone yet. and then even when you get the item, find the gravestone, and go inside, you *still* need something else in order for anything to happen; it's a late game thing

yeah I actually found the tombstone but I can't figure out how to do anything with it.  I've pushed it from all sides and it doesn't seem to do anything.  Maybe there's more then one tombstone that does nothing, I should check the rest.
edit: just found the second tombstone that does nothing and found the secret.  But I can't pick it up yet!

@pgil
I'm on level 6 also (although I haven't found level 5 yet) and I agree that the blue wizards are nasty.  There magic hurts so much!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:37:21 PM by dustin » Logged
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

Whoof...plowed through the rest of the game. Dungeon 8 and Death Mountain are just as hard as I remember them being.

If you know what you are doing, it is actually quite easy to get the white sword and blue ring before tackling any of the dungeons. With the candle and a few bombs, you can uncover enough rupee secrets and heart containers to get you started. You can also snag the magic sword after beating the 4th dungeon.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:29 AM »

just started it up, having a lot of fun so far. i think i discovered a dungeon on an island, but i died right after going in so i don't know for sure. i've never played this game, or any 2d zelda before, so everything is all pretty new to me.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »

I've beaten the first dungeon. I'm saving the rest for next week, when I'm on spring break.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic