Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 12:37:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1966788 times)
One of the Beatles
« Reply #1820 on: January 30, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »

hey...

Well, I've been a stalker for some time, and I wanted to participate more, so i created an account.
I can't really program or pixel, but I'm starting to try to attempt to do pixeling.  Durr...?
Also i've got some ideas, so i'd like to share them or whatev.
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:01 AM »

That's one unexpected discussion about my nick there. Morre's just a nickname variant of my real name, Måns. If you prefer, call me Måns or Dragonene. Smiley

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: January 30, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »

Halt I am Reptar
This is the best thing ever posted on TIGS.

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
partymetroid
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 30, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »

Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
Nod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 31, 2009, 05:30:49 AM »

I always forget to introduce myself, I just start posting away.
So:
I'm a guy called Nod, I'm freshly twenty and I wanna make a game! At some point, because hey, we're all too busy with work, right? I know I am, 6am to 6pm most days, I need a new job!
I'll mostly be posting doodles and trying my best to help people with their own designs, so feel free to PM me your mock-up threads, I eat that stuff up! I love art; to be honest I sometimes think they can make the game.
Also I am so, so sexy.  Well, hello there!
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: January 31, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »

Hey yo all. I'm a designer and I'm crazy for every kind of game ever made. I am of the opinion that the best games ever are Persona 3, Silent Hill 2, and The Magic Candle. If you've actually played the latter, you get brownie points. I'm actually a professional designer, but don't hold that against me. I love experimental games and fiddling with new mechanics, so Game Maker is my tool of choice for rapid prototyping and development. I've got a couple of games I'm going to throw up on the feedback forum in the hopes that I'll get some constructive criticism. Expect more to come! I'm really looking forward to the next compo...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:42:05 AM by pulsemeat » Logged
radioact1ve
Level 0

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1826 on: January 31, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

Hey everyone, just dropping in to say whats up. I've been a lurker for a while, but I'm hoping that will change.

Here we go!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: January 31, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »

I always forget to introduce myself, I just start posting away.
So:
I'm a guy called Nod, I'm freshly twenty and I wanna make a game! At some point, because hey, we're all too busy with work, right? I know I am, 6am to 6pm most days, I need a new job!
I'll mostly be posting doodles and trying my best to help people with their own designs, so feel free to PM me your mock-up threads, I eat that stuff up! I love art; to be honest I sometimes think they can make the game.
Also I am so, so sexy.  Well, hello there!

Plus 50 approval points!

I like your style, and I hope you just make yourself even more awesome. Don't let me down, okay?
JDM
Level 0

Quattro Bajeena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1828 on: January 31, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

Hi!

My name is John D. Moore.  I've been lurking around here for about a month and am about to introduce myself, as I now intend to become something of a regular poster.

The first memory I have of video games is some sort of ASCII-based shooter on a computer I played for a couple minutes on a computer when I visited my dad's office at about age 4.  Not too long after that did we get an Intellivision and shortly thereafter an NES.  Thus it begins.  

As one who's never been able spend too much time around any kind of medium without wanting to create something in it (except music--I've at last vanquished my desire to make music), I began sketching level and enemy designs for platform video games at about age 8.

When I got to junior high and high school, I was more of a PC gamer, playing and designing on paper mostly turn-based and real-time strategy games.  I experimented with creating a couple basic text-based adventure games in QBASIC.  Most of those were either five minutes long or never finished.  Then I discovered ZZT.

I made games under the handle of "Newt" between the years 1997 and 2003 and was a fairly prominent community figure there.  I was most known for a series of Lemmings clones I made in ZZT under the title "Zem!"  They were pretty well-received.

After 2003, I abandoned game design to focus on filmmaking.  I've made a number of no-budget short films (including an animated one) and am currently in the process of post-production on a feature film.

Between the years of 2005 and 2007, I didn't even pay video games much mind.  In 2008, though, a few games reignited my passion and understanding of the viability of video games as a medium.  And again, I found myself thinking about what I'd like to see in video games and began playing with some ideas in my head.

And recently, I've decided I need to put those ideas into practice.  I've started learning Game Maker (and have been happy to see that my object-oriented training in ZZT has so far proven useful) since I'm not quite ready for "real" programming.  Derek's tutorials have been a great starting point and I'm beginning to branch out and try soem of my own ideas.  

I'll admit to being a bit out of the loop in the indie games circle.  I followed it quite a bit back around 1999-2001 (absolutely adored Icy Tower and Eternal Daughter), but have been neglecting it since.  I'm trying to catch up and have been playing around with some things in the feedback forum.

Some of my favorite games: Super Mario Bros. 3, Persona 3, Final Fantasy VI, Heroes of Might & Magic II, Katamari Damacy, 8-bit Mega Man games, No More Heroes, The World Ends With You, Tales of Symphonia, Return to Zork, Lemmings, WarioWare.

Right now, I'm playing through both Chrono Trigger and Yakuza for the first time and am having a blast with both.

There are no pictures in this post because I am feeling tired.

Oh, and I'm a friend of goldbrick.  I don't think he posts here very often, but hi, Dave!

tdub311
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 01, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »

Hello, I am T-Dub
I've been using game maker for a little over a year now.
Gungu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »

Hallo.
I don't make games, I'm actually a terrible programmer. I've been animating for about a year and a half.

Inanimate told me about this forum and it seemed amazing. He also told me to introduce myself. So yeah, here I am.

WANT A FAVORITE GAMES LIST? REAL QUICK, PRETEND YOU CARE

Platforman - Kirby Super Star/Mario Sunshine
Role Playan - Oblivion/Mount&Blade
Shootans - CoD4/Left4Dead
Strategan - Company of Heroes/Red Alert (looking forward to Dawn of War II)
Massively Onlinan - ROSE Online (during the beta)
Indian (Indie? What.) - Gish
Sportan - Skate 2
Fightan - Smash Bros. Melee

I love you people :>
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

Hot damn, T-Dub is here.  Now the party's really started.  Now that you've introduced yorself, don't feel shy about posting about your projects.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
FYNDR
Level 0

Cold fusion meets warm personality

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 01, 2009, 01:40:53 PM »

Hello,

I am FYNDR, and I have an affinity for gaming. I started with Super Mario World at the age of 5 and have been at it ever since, although admittedly a lack of time/funds has prevented me so far from purchasing a next-gen console. I wasn't into computer gaming for much of my childhood, but around the start of my freshman year in high school I began to experiment with the game creation process. My main methods of creation involved Game Maker and ZZT, and I readily admit that everything I created before the end of my high school career was abysmal. With Game Maker, I created such self-elected hits as Final Fantasy Y and Kill Fucking Everything, along with a myriad of unfinished games. With ZZT, I found I was a little more focused and was able to create Agent Blue and Lucidity (which both sucked hard) as well as Myseri (which actually wasn't that bad). I realize that these titles are probably pretty meaningless to you, the reader, but these were the first of my endeavors and thus have a dear, if very small, place in my heart.

After arriving in college, I heard through the grapevine about the independent community, and, by complete chance, what was then an incomplete version of I Wanna Be The Guy. Ho. Ly. Shit. The impressive and often madness-inducing difficulty of IWBTG filled a previously inconceivable void in my person, and once the full version was out and I finally felled The Guy, I achieved some sort of gaming enlightenment. From there on, I sallied forth into the world with an unsatisfiable hunger for difficult games, plowing through such greats as Sexy Hiking and Syobon Action (though admittedly I got stuck on Nikujin, dammit).

Then, bent by some unknowable evil deep within my heart, I began to create a game.

The Last Pikeman. A game that I intended to rival IWBTG in terms of sheer difficulty. Due to my attending college, I worked on the game sporadically over a period of 8 months, after which I was sick and tired of The Last Pikeman forever. Owing to some inconceivable stubbornness probably linked to my Computer Science major, I wrote the entire game in GML rather than using the drag-and-drop interface, which probably slowed development, if only slightly (GML is similar to many other programming languages, so it was not entirely foreign to me). To preserve my sanity, I took a few short breaks during development to work on two very short games, The Fortress of Doctor Applebaugh and Spontaneous Explode, which I admit sucked heartily and were merely efforts to keep from working on The Last Pikeman.

Although tempted to put the game on permanent hiatus, I was compelled to finish if only to say that I finished it. And, eventually, I did. After putting it on the Internet at an undisclosed location (because at that point I still thought that I would work on it later in case there were some bugs still left in it, and thus I didn't want it available by means that were entirely public), I slipped quietly back into the shadows to pursue more professional programming pursuits, such as Tic-Tac-Toe against a computer in Java.

Nowadays, I work with neither Game Maker nor ZZT, but I am fiddling with a sort of roguelike/action game in Java more for my own amusement than anything. As far as playing games is concerned, I attempted La Mulana shortly before the beginning of the semester, but decided to wait 1 month, and then tear into the game with reckless abandon (and a notebook for maps and scrawling stuff off of tablets) so that I could get into the proper mindset.

That's about it. My primary reason for joining this forum, I admit, is to eventually post a link to The Last Pikeman to get some idea as to its merit (albeit nearly two months after the fact). However, I am always interested in the happenings within the independent gaming community, and so browsing this forum will no doubt be of additional benefit for me.
Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: February 01, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »

I forgot if I posted here or not Shocked

Hi, I'm Batmanifestdestiny, a eventually programmer.

I'm learning C++, which is in my opinion one of the greatest things ever.

I'm a follower of LOLCODE developement, and I can't wait for a compiler, and API usability, to see if people make games in it.

I like playing Verge, White Butterfly, the occasional Lugaru, the occasional Venture Arctic, Zelda games, Mario, and pretty much any freeware that tickles my fancy.

Right now I'm super stoked about The Path, it looks so epic.

My friends call me an "old game nut" since I love DOS games, and my family knows me as "that open-source weirdo" as one of the big things in my downloading of games is moddability/open source.

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
Karel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 02, 2009, 02:04:51 AM »

Hi, I'm Karel, and I'm making the best indie game ever. No joke!

Wink
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 02, 2009, 05:00:25 AM »

Hi, I'm Bob, and I'm making the best indie game ever. No joke!

Wink

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »

Hi everyone.
My name is Paul Veer. Online some of you might know me as Pietepiet. I'm 21 and live in the Netherlands, where I study Game Design & Development.

Here's a picture of me:

I got into games with the NES and shortly after a GameBoy, both of which got me completely hooked. I used to only play platformers but have developed a wider taste in games and genres since then. Some of my favorite games of all time are Grim Fandango, Jet Set Radio and Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins.

As for making games: I'm a horrible programmer, which is why I've never made a game on my own. When I do make games, however, I'm a character- and pixelartist. Most games I've worked on have been for college or competitions though, so sadly none are as polished as I'd like them to be. Sad
J.G. Martins
Level 2

AKA anvilfolk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: February 02, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

Hi all!:)

Pietepiet: at least you have a chance to work on games! More generic CS degrees don't leave any time at all for game development! Smiley

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" cried the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But iron, cold iron, is the master of them all."
--- Rudyard Kipling
Tom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm Tom and I've been dreaming of making games ever since I played my first videogame at the age of 4. It was Lemmings for the amiga, and I was totally addicted to it, I think I even managed to complete it at the tender age of 5 or 6. I enjoyed lots of amiga games and have particularly fond memories of Superfrog, Cannon Fodder and Turrican 2.

Next came the SNES phase, with the Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario series taking up most of my childhood. Also, Earthworm Jim kicked ass, and still does. I think that's gotta be one of my favourite games ever.

Other favourite games include Banjo Kazooie, Super Metroid, and Dungeon Keeper. I tend to prefer fast paced games like action games and platformers.

I discovered Klik n' Play when I was 14 and since then I've been messing around with Clickteam products. Although I've never managed to release a full game, I did make a couple of small demos a while ago. I usually have trouble staying motivated once a game gets larger than a couple of levels which is why I hardly ever release anything, but I'm currently working on a small platformer demo and I'm going to force myself to finish it by the end of this month. That's all for now I guess. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:02:01 AM by Tom » Logged
Murphy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 02, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »

I am the programmer at NimbleBit. I spend most my time working on Zero Gear lately.

I make games and on my free time I make games, read, watch movies/tv shows and other stuff too probably.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic