Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 10:15:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906266 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: September 16, 2015, 03:41:10 AM »

I'm biased against Undertale because I actually didn't enjoy Earthbound very much but I think I will get the game anyway because ALL of my buddies are talking about it rn. That means it must be something special.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: September 16, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

Well, fuck. I started playing Undertale and got pretty far into it but then a friend told me that I made a horrible decision early in the game and now I have to play through it all again if I want to fix it. That's really annoying.

Combat system is better than Earthbound though, it's pretty neat how the attacks are represented by a bullet hell minigame.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7402 on: September 16, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »

seriously, fuck your friend. you made the decisions that you wanted to in the moment. just own it and keep going! it's your story, not your friend's.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: September 16, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »

random decision that can kill someone in a game is a bullshit that is everywhere and why
in dragon age 2 whether your brother or sister dies depends on class you choose
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7404 on: September 16, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »

i am seriously enjoying undertale though. i could see myself playing it again someday

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: September 16, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »

just fix it on your next playthrough, the game isnt that long so it's not a big deal

JWK5
« Reply #7406 on: September 16, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »

Arcana Hearts 3

Randomly got the urge to spree-game it. I love the flying mechanic, it creates a unique flavor to what otherwise might be just another Street-Fighter-with-new-paint.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: September 16, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: September 17, 2015, 03:28:03 AM »

Tip for anyone playing Armello: If you press Q the camera centers on your quest objective, and if you press 1,2,3 or 4 the camera will attempt to move to that hero (if they are not Stealthed). I didn't realize this until several games in but it makes the camera/fog issues I had with the game a lot easier to manage.

I wouldn't recommend this game if you are only going to play it solo but so far it has been a big hit in the genre of "games to play while shooting the shit with your pals on Skype". It's short enough that you can comfortably finish several matches in an afternoon, unlike many other turn-based ventures.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:33:51 AM by Nillo » Logged

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7409 on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:01 AM »

Tip for anyone playing Armello: If you press Q the camera centers on your quest objective, and if you press 1,2,3 or 4 the camera will attempt to move to that hero (if they are not Stealthed). I didn't realize this until several games in but it makes the camera/fog issues I had with the game a lot easier to manage.

I wouldn't recommend this game if you are only going to play it solo but so far it has been a big hit in the genre of "games to play while shooting the shit with your pals on Skype". It's short enough that you can comfortably finish several matches in an afternoon, unlike many other turn-based ventures.

I've found, for whatever reason, the mouse edge-pan to be useless and hardly ever works. The WASD keys do great, though. The game board isn't that big, you can scroll around it and get a good sense of what's going on in a matter of seconds, even if you got up and left the computer for a few minutes while the AI took its turn.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Gamedragon
« Reply #7410 on: September 18, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »

I'm playing a bit of everything on my steam list at the moment but mainly focusing on Crusader Kings II and Caves of Qud.
Mariofan0
Level 0

Your Local Nintendo Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: September 19, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »

Currently in the middle of playing the Shovel Knight Plague Of Shadows DLC.

I just finished the game, and from all appearances I've collected everything, but I still only have 72% Item Completion Rate, which bugs me a little, curious if it because I traded all the Relics, & Cypher Coins, or that its because there are Items exclusive to New Game+. Ether Way I'm missing some key info that I need to clear everything up, and get that perfect 100% Item Collection Rate.

You wanted a signature? Boy I bet you're dissapointed.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: September 19, 2015, 01:32:42 PM »

Finished Dropsy a couple of days ago.

There's an interesting devlog/Q&A here: http://forum.necrosoftgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=467&sid=0984bc7ac3dbc9883b8b405d5ffefe16

Turns out the game a few years ago was more of a walking simulator before it became a more traditional adventure game. Apparently a lot of the design was built on spreadsheets. I've never really used them before, and I can't think off the top of my head of a way to use them either outside of number crunching.

They're also working on little things like adjusting dialogue bubbles to be less confusing for some puzzles.

That's good to hear. I had the longest time figuring out that the shovel/digging animation meant work or job.

The game is still excellent, though. The pixel art is fantastic, the music is lovely, the options menu includes toggling on and off squeaky clown shoes, and it's oozing with positive vibes as Dropsy helps raise the spirits of all the denizens of his little town one warm, damp hug at a time.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with the cassette tapes. I think I found all of them? I sat in the record store for a while just listening to 'em.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: September 19, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles has so many great design decisions that fix the things I hate about strategy RPGs.

I like how EXP is tied to winning missions quickly instead of killing lots of foes, so there's a reason to selectively ignore enemies instead of slowly killing everything.

I like how level ups are shared among all characters, so it's easy to swap characters in and out and not lose advancement.

Presenting the menus as pages of a history book is just so lovely.

Usually strategy RPGs feel daunting and tiresome, but this just feels fun.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: September 20, 2015, 01:04:25 AM »

valkyria is great, yes
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: September 20, 2015, 06:46:33 AM »

Finished Undertale. I'm just going to link my review on Steam since I don't feel like writing all that text again: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/recommended/391540/

Not sure what I'll play next. Maybe I'll try Shovel Knight... I heard it got a good update recently and I still haven't picked it up yet.

Mariofan0
Level 0

Your Local Nintendo Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: September 21, 2015, 06:57:05 AM »

Shovel Knight, & the recent Plague Of Shadows DLC are both amazing, really top quality platformming. Plague Knight's Campaign is also a great challenge.

I'm presently working on New Game+ for the Plague Knight Campaign, and I must admit the game is a blast, and wholeheartedly suggest you grab a copy to dig into.

You wanted a signature? Boy I bet you're dissapointed.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »

Finished Undertale. I'm just going to link my review on Steam since I don't feel like writing all that text again: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/recommended/391540/

that is a pretty well written review

maybe ill get this once im done with mgs5. should still be a while tho because i have studies and other stuff to do atm and hence only continuing slowly in mgs.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7418 on: September 21, 2015, 12:51:05 PM »

I like how level ups are shared among all characters, so it's easy to swap characters in and out and not lose advancement.

I agree with everything but this. While I can see the convenience behind it, I often just like to have my characters being distinct in their skill level. Otherwise I feel I am just playing the same character all over with a different facelift.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »

characters in valkyria have plenty to differentiate them tho, like special abilities, those affinity things and ofc individual models and voice clips.

i think its nice that u have a lot of flexibility in how to set up your squad for each mission rather than being locked into one build and having to micromanage shit and reload a save when ur best char dies like in so many SRPGs (not that theres anything wrong with being locked into a build or micromanagement, valkyria is just a nice change of pace).
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic