Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 12:11:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLizzi
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lizzi  (Read 1855 times)
Jolli
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »

THIS GAME IS DISCONTINUED. Any feedback for this game would help for my next project.

Here's what's left of it. Download page -> http://goldenfish.awardspace.com/lizzi.php

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »

i like the colors, and it looks like it could have been a fun game if finished.

my main problems were these:

- controls not explained, i had to guess and press random buttons, and couldn't figure out how to change weapons for instance, and had problems figuring out how to shoot and reload and so on. the only button you explain that i saw was 'q' to pick up, but you didn't give any hints for any of the other controls

- i got stuck in one of the walls and couldn't continue

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »

First of all the simple graphics work pretty well, the gameplay is not so bad, it has lot's of flaws but as the game is discontinued I assume you just didn't correct them in the meantime.

Here's what I would like to see corrected:

• The most visible flaw was not being able to shoot while walking away; He just turned backwards and wouldn't shoot at all, making it impossible to dodge enemies and shooting. We could just stand still and shoot at them, or walk to them; Either that or stop shooting, go back, and start shooting again;
  • Not having a walk up/walk down animation feels awkward, he only walks left or right;
  • Having to press Q to pick a weapon you already had to load up on ammo was really tiresome and unnecessary, we should be able to just walk by it and stock up on ammo;
  • I found myself pressing R a lot to reload the weapon, this is standard issue in all WASD shooting games, what happened was that the game restarted, haha;
  • The mouse scroll wheel really should let us cycle through weapons;
  • There should be some sort of sound or hint that our weapon needs reloading, like a *click*click* sound, and to make the problem worst our shooting sound effect is similar or equal to the enemy's shooting sound, so sometimes I thought I was still shooting but in fact I needed to reload;
  • Lastly, I arrived to the boss fight but he didn't do anything; Again, I just assume you didn't get around to actually coding it, but I thought I should mention it in case it was actually supposed to do anything;

And that's about it, I'm sorry you had to cancel the project, it looked pretty fun at this stage. Here's hoping you'll get to finish your next project Beer!
Jolli
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »

- controls not explained, i had to guess and press random buttons, and couldn't figure out how to change weapons for instance, and had problems figuring out how to shoot and reload and so on. the only button you explain that i saw was 'q' to pick up, but you didn't give any hints for any of the other controls

- i got stuck in one of the walls and couldn't continue
the controls are explained :p. i think you skipped a level while it was loading (did you press the arrow keys, the "right key" skips a level)

as for the wall... yea. lot of problems with the game and its why i stopped working on this, the code is messy and terrible too :{

The most visible flaw was not being able to shoot while walking away; He just turned backwards and wouldn't shoot at all, making it impossible to dodge enemies and shooting. We could just stand still and shoot at them, or walk to them; Either that or stop shooting, go back, and start shooting again;

Not having a walk up/walk down animation feels awkward, he only walks left or right;
it was first to be a platformer, then i made it in to this ... thing

Having to press Q to pick a weapon you already had to load up on ammo was really tiresome and unnecessary, we should be able to just walk by it and stock up on ammo;
you're right

I found myself pressing R a lot to reload the weapon, this is standard issue in all WASD shooting games, what happened was that the game restarted, haha;

The mouse scroll wheel really should let us cycle through weapons;

There should be some sort of sound or hint that our weapon needs reloading, like a *click*click* sound, and to make the problem worst our shooting sound effect is similar or equal to the enemy's shooting sound, so sometimes I thought I was still shooting but in fact I needed to reload;
oops... left the r key for testing  Embarrassed
scroll wheel and reload sound, okie

Lastly, I arrived to the boss fight but he didn't do anything; Again, I just assume you didn't get around to actually coding it, but I thought I should mention it in case it was actually supposed to do anything;
yea doesnt do anything. unfortunately :{

thanks
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:03:03 AM »

yep, i did use the arrow keys -- i was trying to figure out how to move and used arrows, which skipped the tutorial Sad

Burr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

That's really too bad. Any thoughts on your next project?

Jolli
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »

my next game is IM NOT TELLING YOU, but first i'll be helping someone with something Toast related.  Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 08:01:14 PM »

nice colors

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Jolli
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »

report back to me when someone has found the Nifty Hat

probably what i am proud of most in the game
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »

I found a hat that took me to another place with green monsters, is that it?
couldn't play long because of WASD.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic