Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:58:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)B&W
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: B&W  (Read 5532 times)
Burr
Level 0

View Profile
B&W
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »

Hello there.  Gentleman

I'd love some c&c.

Cremator
Based off HL2 beta enemy, adapted for an arctic environment as might be encountered in EP3.

Prowlersquid
Mash up of bullsquid and an alien assassin, aka prowler.

Western plague doctor
Post-apocalyptic.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »

Hey there, welcome. Come now, tell us about yourself.

I really like the second one. The third reminds me of this guy, since you said post-apocalyptic plague doctor, and the mask looks much resembly too.

first dude is creeping me out.

Burr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »

Thank you. Yes, I just posted in that thread. Smiley

The art in the first post is new. While I avoid posting old art, there are a few I'll always treasure.

Teaman
I think I hit on something here.

(Click pic for 300 dpi version)

Steampunk Scepter
Made for a DM at GMClans over a year ago

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:34:16 PM by Burunduk » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »

Teaman is very cool! Kiss

Welcome to the forums!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

Teaman is boss. Have you tried exploring that style any more since?

as for crits, I think you could work on making the lines nice and crisp rather than so sketchy - more well defined, and definition where it matters, you know? Rather than these kind of questioning marks.

Also, try studying anatomy and drawing from life. Even if just doodles of things around you. It's much easier to catch discrepancies between reality and drawing - since you can look back and forth - than between imagination and drawing, since what's in our mind can change easily. Noticing these discrepancies will make you way better at noticing mistakes in general, and then you're on the road to correction! Vast improvement guaranteed.

But really I'd love to see some stuff in the same vein as Teaman.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »

Teaman is awesome.  Shocked

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
JosephCh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

I know I've seen the Teaman before...either a magazine or a photoshop website.  Searched psdtuts but found nothing.  Where else have you posted this?  I love it!

Burr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »

Thanks! to everyone who likes.  Grin

as for crits, I think you could work on making the lines nice and crisp rather than so sketchy - more well defined, and definition where it matters, you know? Rather than these kind of questioning marks.
Yes, I'll try. I get this sometimes. It's better than it used to be.

Also, try studying anatomy and drawing from life. Even if just doodles of things around you. It's much easier to catch discrepancies between reality and drawing - since you can look back and forth - than between imagination and drawing, since what's in our mind can change easily. Noticing these discrepancies will make you way better at noticing mistakes in general, and then you're on the road to correction! Vast improvement guaranteed.
I did a lot of object/still-life drawings in freshman year, several times a week. I was in a 2d art class, and then some. That's how I improved my shading. The scepter was the culmination of all those studies. But! I have never studied anatomy with a pencil. Tongue
You're right, it does work. A member of GMClans, Razor, did a sketchbook topic over the course of a year, in which he studied anatomy, especially faces. He got better big time.
Thanks for the advice! I'll go along with it as soon as I finish the game project I'm working on at the moment. Or if I feel up for a break.

Teaman is boss. Have you tried exploring that style any more since?
Once, something similar, but it didn't work out. I didn't finish it.
I guess I really should make some more like it, mm?

I know I've seen the Teaman before...either a magazine or a photoshop website.  Searched psdtuts but found nothing.  Where else have you posted this?  I love it!
Hmm tough call. If you don't mind me listing other sites, there's RoboSquid, Black Mesa, GMG, Facebook (haha unlikely), and a little forum a guy named Claredeth got me to register at.

It's kickass if it was posted somewhere else. It's not like I'm getting paid for it, I'm just happy that it's making other people happy.  Smiley

Speaking of which! I have a 300 dpi version of Teaman. The pic is now a link, go click it. Feel free to print it out. Share it wherever.

I might draw some soon, but it's looking to be a very busy few days.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:50:36 PM by Burunduk » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic