Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411578 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:19:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall(final) "We Want YOU": procedural war platformer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: (final) "We Want YOU": procedural war platformer  (Read 19570 times)
MaloEspada
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »

Really addicting and funny Smiley Good job!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »

Alright, finally beat the game! That was good fun! Some of the headlines in "Part two" are hilarious  :D

It's probably been mentioned at some point, but if not: levels with only breakable scenery will completely shatter when you reach the end of them. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »

Thanks, R. D. Ein. How far did you get?

It's probably been mentioned at some point, but if not: levels with only breakable scenery will completely shatter when you reach the end of them. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.

Yup, that's supposed to happen. It started out as a bug but we liked it, so now its an "unintended feature"  Wink

I'm glad people are getting to the second stage alright. Have you second-stagers tried the Infinichute (press C in the air)?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:50:04 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 05:40:21 AM »

I love you and hate you so much for making this. This game has nearly taken more of my time in it's first week on my computer than spelunky did. I also love how natural the environment feels, the shrubbery was a nice touch!

ortoslon
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 03:14:29 AM »

regarding pacifist setting: i reached year 2019 without killing anyone (raping only for health). i'd love to see an update that treats non-killers (rapists can't be described as pacifists because raping is a kind of violence) different.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »

I was disappointed that there don't seem to be any negative repercussions for rape.  Sad
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 06:39:34 AM »

regarding pacifist setting: i reached year 2019 without killing anyone (raping only for health). i'd love to see an update that treats non-killers (rapists can't be described as pacifists because raping is a kind of violence) different.

Actually in the current version (spoilers follow) the more enemies you kill the more tactical/smart enemies are dispatched to take you out. So it benefits you not to kill anyone you don't have to.

As for the rape thing, get back to the friendly camp and hopefully it will become clearer what's really going on in those tents...

ortoslon
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »

i recorded a quick pacifist run where i survived for 9 years

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 03:16:57 PM »

I've been playing this too much since I downloaded it. Wink

You've managed to make a game which is intrinsically as much fun to play as a pacifist as it is to shoot everything that moves.  That in itself is pretty special - I don't think I can think of another game that achieves both seamlessly.

Jolly good show. Gentleman

ortoslon
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 12:31:50 AM »

You've managed to make a game which is intrinsically as much fun to play as a pacifist as it is to shoot everything that moves.

i enjoyed playing as a pacifist much more because weapons are boring/useless and the game becomes too easy otherwise

That in itself is pretty special - I don't think I can think of another game that achieves both seamlessly.

Rescue: The Beagles.

also, does the game suggest that war is like a sieve? or, more precisely, a sand filter used to clear water? the game ensures that no water goes through sand, it's absorbed fully
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 08:57:02 AM »

i recorded a quick pacifist run where i survived for 9 years

Awesome, thanks dude.  SmileyHand Thumbs Up Left

Tom03
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

Great gameplay and music make this game really addictive, but it is too hardcore to play. My record after a week of playing is 5 years. You should really add some more savepoints as I am already thinking of finishing the game by using "saved states" on a virtual machine Smiley
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »

Great gameplay and music make this game really addictive, but it is too hardcore to play. My record after a week of playing is 5 years. You should really add some more savepoints as I am already thinking of finishing the game by using "saved states" on a virtual machine Smiley
Pretty sure you don't "finish the game".. war never ends

destiny is truth pre-op
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »

There is a mid-point you can reach. Keep it up, Tom03, you're very close.

We are working on a final new update to the game, with an unclockable bonus mode. Stay tuned!

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 03:26:03 AM »

There is a mid-point you can reach. Keep it up, Tom03, you're very close.

We are working on a final new update to the game, with an unclockable bonus mode. Stay tuned!
Oh, cool.

destiny is truth pre-op
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »

Tom03
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

I've managed to reach 20 years, but there was still no ending. I'm kind of disappointed... I'll be looking forward to future versions though!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »

Coming soon!

destiny is truth pre-op
madflame991
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »

Please please implement more checkpoints.
Only once I managed to fight for 10 years, but that was pure luck cause now I'm trying to beat that and I can't even get past 5 years.

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »

Final version (1.2) is ready at last, with a brand new unlockable Civiilian Stage!

Thanks to

and everyone else who suggested making a "pacifist mode".

There's also some new surprises in the rest of the game, and it all runs a lot smoother due to Game Maker 8.

Direct Download> Here or Here.

Patch from Previous Release Build> Here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:32:46 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic