Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411626 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 09:34:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 516712 times)
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »

I understand that people don't enjoy the actual show, though. Personally, I liked it. But then again I also enjoyed K-On so my opinion might not be worth much. I think it's a little overrated - it's not really as deep and edgy as people want it to be. However, it's really touching. 
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 01, 2012, 05:08:29 AM »

Ok, so I actually watch Madoka episode 1-3 a few days ago. I'm not going to lie; it's a decent show. Visually the show is just unappealing to me except for the maze parts. I think the character designs are uninspired. The music however is actually pretty good. The writing is totally passable, the character have their motivations and I like that they bring up real issues like illness, overworking parents and such that feeds into the characters. I guess the series was surprisingly devoid of moe even though the art says otherwise. It is still not appealing to me so I will probably move on.

That's my shitty review.

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

I'm not sure if any review of madoka is justified without having seen episode 10.

Just saiyan.

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1983 on: December 01, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »

I'm not sure if any review of madoka is justified without having seen episode 10.

Just saiyan.

No review of any work is justified without having seen/read/played the entire work. But you can definitely get a good impression from just the first three episodes; if you still don't care by then, ep10 will just be nice at best.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »

episode 3 was pretty predictable, partly cuz of how much everyone hypes it up, and partly because its ending was heavily foreshadowed. episode 10 was amazing, though. pretty much my favorite episode of any anime ever.

i kinda feel like even saying that should be spoilered, just because... episode 3 is always gonna be sorta spoiled, because it's what people use to try to get other people to watch the series, but there is no real hype around episode 10, so it had a bigger impact.

watever

i hate anime

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 02, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

maybe if you followed my recommendations you wouldnt
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »

ive only watched like ~5-10 animes ever. sorry tmk but most giant robots anime looks just as boring as most moe does to me ~

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 02, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »

how many did you watch... 1st one's free...

no but watch sexy commando for me it is my only request
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 02, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »

never heard of it

The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 02, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »

sugoi yo masaru san sexy commando gaiden

just do it

you can thank me later
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: December 03, 2012, 04:57:55 AM »

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: December 03, 2012, 05:00:47 AM »

these faces so creepy  WTF

Hypocritical Dadaist
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 03, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »

Nerds with a nostalgia filter.
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 03, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

Raoh? There was a Fist of the North Star anime movie as recently as 2008. More recent than Kamichama Karin, never mind the decade old Kanon.

A now vs '82 image could have Minky Momo/Tokimeki Tonight/Asari-chan vs Jojo/Jormungand/Psycho-Pass...
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1994 on: December 03, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »

Right, because if you go on something like https://boards.4chan.org/a/ at any given time, it's totally not like almost every single thread there is about "WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE WAIFU" or any of that moe bullshit, right? [/sarcasm] I mean, look at half of the posts in this thread.

If nostalgia means "liking things because they were actually better because they were drawn by hand with a lot of care and consideration, respecting the practical and traditional methods instead of relying on computer images outsourced to wherever, and dealing with mature and serious subject material and themes, rather than cutesy schoolgirls derping around with their cookie-cutter personalities in sterile environments," then yeah, it's probably just the nostalgia.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »

Phubans do you get bored a lot?

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1996 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »

No, I'm too busy making fantastic games and having sex with gorgeous women... But when I have a moment to stop and think about things, like what anime has become... That's when I get angry.

ink.inc
« Reply #1997 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

:IIIIII
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

This thread is begging for some chuuni.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1999 on: December 03, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

No, I'm too busy making fantastic games and having sex with gorgeous women... But when I have a moment to stop and think about things, like what anime has become... That's when I get angry.

Yeah totally agreed. Look at this piece of classic animation:

Like a fine wine

And compare with how cheap modern anime is:

Repulsive...

Another - notice the careful placement of each stroke. Every line is meaningful.

Tears of joy...

And now, try to stomach this piece of shit:

I'm gonna puke..

Now, color, notice this delightful pallete, all of them balance to provide ambiance through contrasts:

Rembrandt would be proud

And now see how every modern anime seems to be colored by toddlers:

I wouldn't put this in my fridge, ugh

Behold, a piece of compelling facial expressions. There is so much emotion there:

The pain! The fury!

Rather this guy seems to be a corpse:

A turd is more expressive than this!

Listen to phubans. He is clearly unbiased and totally not full of shit.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic