Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 10:27:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioVST recommendations for a newbie
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: VST recommendations for a newbie  (Read 4427 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »

The Korg Legacy packs have some pretty great things. For your orchestral stuff I'd probably recommend the M1, though the Wavestation does that and then some.

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 03:01:04 AM »

The Korg Legacy packs have some pretty great things. For your orchestral stuff I'd probably recommend the M1, though the Wavestation does that and then some.

This. I love the M1 VST. It has so much more beyond the factory presets, and it's much easier to program than the Wavestation.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »

True, the M1 is a lot easier to handle than the Wavestation, though I believe you can get a lot more out of the Wavestation if you're willing to learn the programming.

Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 05:10:25 AM »

If you are looking for orchestral stuff but don't want to spend that much money, you might want to check out Miroslav Philharmonik by IK Multimedia. It's a little dated, lacks some features (like different mic positions for example) and the interface tends to be a little uncomfortable, but the sounds you get for not even 150 bucks are astounding! I'm really happy with it and I'm sure it will still come in handy from time to time even if you should go for one of the more expensive libraries in the future.
mtthwcmpbll
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »

If you are looking for orchestral stuff but don't want to spend that much money, you might want to check out Miroslav Philharmonik by IK Multimedia.

I've been digging through this audio section of the forums since I've been trying to put together some semblance of soundtrack composition skill and thought I'd mention that I noticed this is on sale at the moment at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/vigb/.  The Philharmonik instrument is included in their group buy promotion, making it almost half off on its own and you get a second (and possibly more) instrument free.  I haven't decided if I'm going to jump (I've already spent way too much picking up a handful of other things lately) but if you were going to pick it up, now sounds like as good a time as any.
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic