Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 10:15:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1323812 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #1320 on: October 30, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

Gah...
I do not want to know how C418 makes his sound effects, although I suspect it involves several strangled babies... The ghasts... THE GHASTS
Also, water evaporates instantly in The Nether, so so much for an easy way to make Nethergates inside.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: October 30, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »

The Nether is the second most frightening thing I have ever experienced. The sounds are absolutely terrifying, and I can't even see the enemies or lava yet. Concerned Kudos on that front.
The number one most frightening thing I have ever experienced is fishing. You peacefully wait for your bobber to sink a bit, you right-click, and a fish promptly rockets into your head at mach 2. The further you are from the water, the faster it goes. The wiki actually suggests building a wall behind you when fishing so that the fish can't escape at high speeds. Screamy
Ashkin
« Reply #1322 on: October 31, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »

I love just casting with the fishing rod... It feels so SOLID.
Now we can only hope that Notch will recycle the code to make a grappling hook/rappel.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 31, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »

Wait .... you lose all your stuff when you die now? It doesn't drop to the ground to be recollected? Is anyone else getting that, or is there something borked with my game, cos that's pretty shit.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: October 31, 2010, 04:25:28 AM »

'tis a bug.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 31, 2010, 04:30:45 AM »

Wait .... you lose all your stuff when you die now? It doesn't drop to the ground to be recollected? Is anyone else getting that, or is there something borked with my game, cos that's pretty shit.

Yeah that happened to me too. Sucked because after the first night my petty shelter was absolutely surrounded by creepers and spiders. But I had to leave sometime...
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 31, 2010, 05:50:09 AM »

'tis a bug.

yeah i noticed a thread on the official forums about it. Damn annoying, but i can live with it now that i realise it happens. Not going to be playing on hard till that gets fixed!

On the plus side i am absolutely adoring the biomes. I've made my little hut on a peninsula of some type of forest, and over a small channel of the sea are towering dunes covered in cacti. Looks fantastic.

edit: Actually the most annoying bug so far is leaves not dissappearing over time like they used to. I'm going totally ocd over clearing them up. Can't stand to have messy foliage just hanging around the place!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:06:43 AM by Iamthejuggler » Logged
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 31, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »

Fishing pole makes a good improvised ranged weapon in a pinch. I think it only does as much as a regular punch, but if you're out of arrows it could be handy.

I love just casting with the fishing rod... It feels so SOLID.
Now we can only hope that Notch will recycle the code to make a grappling hook/rappel.
I had the exact same thought when I was using it.  Beer!

Also, really epic Ghast fight:

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1328 on: October 31, 2010, 06:35:04 AM »

My life will be complete when everyone starts activating music instead of deactivating it.

Ant
« Reply #1329 on: October 31, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »

According to his twitter it should be fixed.

Quote from: Notch
Small emergency Sunday update; You drop your stuff when dying now.

I was kind of hoping ghasts would be super hard to kill and offered something tasty when you did, but they're pretty easy to down with arrows if you can get close enough. Shrug
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 31, 2010, 07:16:29 AM »

According to his twitter it should be fixed.

Quote from: Notch
Small emergency Sunday update; You drop your stuff when dying now.
cheers for the heads up. still haven't got to hell as i deleted all my saves before this update. I'm down at the redstone/diamond area, but no diamonds anywhere! I may have to resort to getting lava buckets and making a portal that way.

edit: This is the greates music to listen to whilst in hell.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:17:52 AM by Iamthejuggler » Logged
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 31, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »

I may have to resort to getting lava buckets and making a portal that way.
This is what I'm doing. Why is it lava is always such a huge pain in the ass, and then when I actually want to find it it is nowhere to be found?
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 31, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »

Anytime I die, I start a world completely over -- yeah, something is wrong with me

Toucantastic.
Ntero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 31, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »

Starting a new Map in a Desert is scary.

I was digging out a base and dropped a 10x25 block sinkhole about 5ish blocks into a cave.

It makes the ground feel so uncertain.
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 01, 2010, 05:26:34 AM »

Cross-server portals are going to be awesome.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1335 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:07 AM »

If the game lags a bit when playing in browser (classic), should I expect the full version to lag too? Any experiences?

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: November 01, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »

The Nether is just really, really cool.

Really.
Collected some Darkstone and made some lightstone.
However, my entrance portal is in my house and the exit is across the hills and far away. Seems a bit odd that way, since they're in the same place in the Nether.
If only it could link the closest portal or something rather than just placing a new one, if within a certain distance.
Also, sounds carry through several walls  Droop I can hear my portal from outside my house.
Maybe some sound occlusion?

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 01, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »

The Nether is just really, really cool.

Really.
Collected some Darkstone and made some lightstone.
However, my entrance portal is in my house and the exit is across the hills and far away. Seems a bit odd that way, since they're in the same place in the Nether.
If only it could link the closest portal or something rather than just placing a new one, if within a certain distance.
Also, sounds carry through several walls  Droop I can hear my portal from outside my house.
Maybe some sound occlusion?

That's another bug
aparently the code that looks for the nearest portal exit doesn't convert between real world miles and hell miles.  Facepalm
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1338 on: November 01, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »

My life will be complete when everyone starts activating music instead of deactivating it.
I re-enabled it now that there's more tracks. I really like it!
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 01, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »

Its still funny having the peaceful classic MC track playing in hell.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic