Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:54:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLambs On The Road [PC][Consoles][Greenlight][Survival][Platform]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lambs On The Road [PC][Consoles][Greenlight][Survival][Platform]  (Read 930 times)
flynnsarcade
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »

Lambs On The Road

- Lambs On The road

It's an upcoming game that will be launched on PC and if we can, on consoles.

It's inspired on the bestseller " The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. It will be a platform survival game. We will be able to find parto of a game where the visual skill is important and on the other side the user will be able to live the story of two characters (Father and daughter) fighting to survive.
The game is set around Seattle, or at least is there where our characters begin.
You will have to use your skills of the two different characters to run away from enemies.
Post-apocalyptic world where you will fight for not to starve.

The team

We love creating games and that is what we try to do everyday. Flynns Arcades is trying to become a real company meanwhile we develop new games. The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Our objective is to make people spend a good time with our products creating an enjoyable video game experience.

History

Early history
Everything began at the Autonomic University of Barcelona several years ago. Juan Peralta, Flynns Arcades CEO, was teaching at this university. Juan used to direct different final degree projects all related with video games. One day Felipe Lumbreras and me proposed to Xavier Alsina (one of our pupils) to develop a total different Augmented Reality mobile game to reinvent the concept of board games. This is how we began to look for collaborators and after a month we were a group of developers and artists developing OUTSIDERS. Outsiders is a DEMO of combination of board games like Warhhamer and video games like Xcom all combined with Augmented Reality (AR). During this project Juan Peralta met Francisco Raya, one of the designers.

Design

The story, thats the kernel of the game, followed by the at. when we began to create this game we wanted the player to live  the world we were seeing, devastated.
We began looking for a location once we had the story and thinking about the style and of course the gameplay.

Concept art

This is our first art, still improving...

Intro LAYOUT

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:32:26 AM »

Why does this have two topics?

flynnsarcade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:04:16 AM »

Flynns Arcade will be tomorrow from 9:00 in the morning showing "Lambs On The Road" and "Hexagravity" at GAMELAB

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »

I tried this one when I went to Gamelab 2016 and I found it quite interesting. I recently tried it on Gamejolt too (http://gamejolt.com/games/lambs-on-the-road/192004). It has potential, the art style is pretty neat and the story makes me want to know more.
As some indie game freak, I think it would be awesome if you posted some devlogs and told us more about the game, specially on the first post, because I remember it had a lot of work on it when I tryed it. I am curious to see some art WIP, and it would be nice to know something about how you interpreted The Road, because of the interesting fact that your game is based on a great best-seller.

I am sorry if I was too direct, I really support this game and I wanted to tell you my opinion. I am not going to lie, this is my first day on TIGSource, I never wrote a devlog here and I know nothing about Marketing and Advertising, so maybe I am wrong about this
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:19:49 PM by AnaGuillenFdez » Logged

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic