Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:33:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2637780 times)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4860 on: May 13, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »

Nonsuch Games, liking the look of your mockup and hoping you find a programmer for it Smiley

Echko
Level 0

vbruumm

View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Miguel and I'm currently working on a iOS rhythm game, here is a mockup I did last night:

Then my partner (and programmer) asked me to work on a proof of concept video.. so, I've started first on the animations – Bought a book called "The animator's survival kit" and started doing some animation tests.. Please bare with them I am still leargning:

Any comments/critique? I'd love to hear them.. I'm really dusty at this.. it's been a long time since i've drawed as much as today.

Also, here is something i've been trying to decide: Pixelart or Vector? Problem: The backgrounds will rotate 360º.. with vector based artwork this shouldn't be a problem.. but it might not look really crisp with pixel art. I can't really remember a game that used this on the gba or other 8bit/16bit consoles. The only thing that comes to mind is Sonic adventure character rotation on the gba, or Mario Kart Super Circuit's rotating wheel on the main menu.. Any thoughts/ideas on this?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:57:39 PM by Echko » Logged
Echko
Level 0

vbruumm

View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:53 PM »

I love this!
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4863 on: May 13, 2012, 11:43:48 PM »

@Echko

That looks nice. It sounds like vector art is a better idea in this case, so by all means I'd say go for it! As far as critique, I'm finding myself unable to identify what that grey shaded area atop the player's head is supposed to be. However, aside from that I think it looks quite nice. Wonderful strut animation you've got going there! The only other thing would be to get rid of the jittering in the animation, as right now it seems quite choppy due to the uneven displacements per frame.

Echko
Level 0

vbruumm

View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: May 14, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

@Echko

That looks nice. It sounds like vector art is a better idea in this case, so by all means I'd say go for it! As far as critique, I'm finding myself unable to identify what that grey shaded area atop the player's head is supposed to be. However, aside from that I think it looks quite nice. Wonderful strut animation you've got going there! The only other thing would be to get rid of the jittering in the animation, as right now it seems quite choppy due to the uneven displacements per frame.

The grey area on top it's supposed to be hair! Smiley

I will try to fix the jittering. It's hard! Consider this my first animation!

It's a walk cycle based on 4 basic drawings, and then adjusted to 8, I'm sure more frames would make it less jerky, right? Any suggestions? I'm not experienced at all in animation.

Also.. I have been thinking about buying toon boom studio to make the whole animation process faster.. right now, i'm animating/vectoring frame by frame on illustrator and then previewing in photoshop.. it's very time consuming.. I seriouslly need to speed up the workflow.. any ideas on this?

EDIT: I've choosen to go with vector art.. yay! Any tips to get animations any faster? programs? Something?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:55:40 AM by Echko » Logged
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4865 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:37 AM »

@Echko - the gray arm should only be gray when it's inside the body, maybe make the rest of the arm black when it's no longer clashing with the other parts of the body?

Echko
Level 0

vbruumm

View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: May 14, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »

Blink Ah, that's a wonderful tip! In fact it's something i've done in some older pixel work. I will give it a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks a bunch Smiley
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4867 on: May 14, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »

x2 scale

A tileset mockup. It turned out quite nicely, in my opinion. Smiley

I was inspired to start designing a game using these tiles, and I've started a devlog. Looking for a programmer!
Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right legit, really like the brick/dirt medley. Feels like it could be even sexier with more colours in there but its slick as-is. Drop the characters in behind the FG layer and you'll get a nice sense of depth (can also have them climb the ladders facing the camera).

Carefree games
« Reply #4868 on: May 14, 2012, 06:59:32 AM »

Glad you guys like it.

I was considering that I might go over it with more color... If I do it'll be updated in the devlog.

And yes, depth. Wink
i-kari
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4869 on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »

x2 scale

Indeed it did. Very nice. You could also use other colors just for effect, for sprites for example.

Drop the characters in behind the FG layer and you'll get a nice sense of depth (can also have them climb the ladders facing the camera).

That's a neat idea!

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »

x2 scale

I was inspired to start designing a game using these tiles, and I've started a devlog. Looking for a programmer!

Stunning use three colors!

I wish I could offer to program for you, but I have soooo many projects on, I couldn't find the time.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: May 16, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »

A boss for a game I'm planning to complete some day!
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: May 16, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »

Damn that looks good. I think I'm gonna try to pixel/paint a background this weekend.  Gentleman
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4873 on: May 16, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Nice work, Josiah.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4874 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »

A couple mockups that didn't work out:

Elk
Level 1

エルク

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4875 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »

New here, but not to pixelart! hmhmhmm

But anyway here is a sketchy background, with sketchy background elements added to it as well, soon there will be foreground and characters ;o

hey josiah Smiley those look good!

For business inquiries send me a forum PM! No Revenue-Share stuff without proper contract.
Drak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: May 22, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »

Mockup of a recent project i'm workin' on

Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4877 on: May 22, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »

Concept art for the game I want to make this summer:

Hint: This game will be about climbing!

R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4878 on: May 23, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »

Something I wanted to do in the RPG-Maker 2000. The idea of the battlesystem is still alive, and maybe some day with the help of JS and HTML5... :D
Graphics are by me, except the enemy and the chipset.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: May 23, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »

Gauntlet clone, 3-bit color
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic