Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:30:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLone Survivor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Lone Survivor  (Read 49913 times)
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »

Tremendously excited to see the final version; you explore some emotional territory in this game that I'd like to see more games attempt. Good luck to you!

|
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »

Lone survivor spotted here, good press!

Evilized
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:59 AM »

This looks very promising! can't wait to see this when it comes out!

Ben Aprigliano/Game developer/portal owner

Please leave some feedback on my latest project "Deadly Rooms"
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23607.0
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 05:45:38 AM »

Good news!  Development is going fast!  Friend Lazrool is helping out with some of the final animations for the creatures and 'You'.  The awesome Bento Smile is doing the cat comics.  A gentleman named Rik Nichol is doing the arcade attract screens.

It's great to have a little help at this point to push the game over the last hurdle.  I reckon I might have it out within a couple of months now!

Lots of progress on the mechanics, level design, endings etc.  Hopefully all the content will be in in about three weeks and I'll be looking for some detailed beta testing folk if anyone would be interested.   Hand Any Key

It would require a bit of writing probably, notes on bugs, some questions to answer, your 'psychoevaluation report' sending back to me.

Also if you're interested I did a blog post on the 'prehistory' of the game, how it came about and so on, here.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »

Really interesting to go back and see how lone survivor came about. Love seeing the history of it all. All the different game looks and how you've come to the game you have now.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »

Cheers mate.  It's been a long journey, and I'm really enjoying the last stage, trying to make sure the endings don't disappoint, that there's a few more surprises people won't expect.

I'll actually probably be taking preorders soon as the game will be (hopefully) feature-complete in a couple more weeks.

Spent today making the last two locations (that are interactive.)  There are a few more used in the endings to do, but just the art, not the setup.  Can't really share any images of this area because I think it would be too spoilery.  Then to implement a few more mechanics, then it's in BETA!  (Edit: just changed the icon to 90%!  Yay!)

Ant
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:26 AM »

Yah seeing the history is really interesting... I would love you to go back and do a game with these visuals, they are damn tasty.

Also totally stoked about hearing LS is almost done. Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2012, 06:30:33 AM »

It's so nearly there now!

First ending is done, you can now play this path all the way through!  Next ending is in the works. Wanna share some pics but I'd rather not spoil it.

Left to do, in order of priority:

- Finish ending Y.
- New monster attack (have animation courtesy of Lazrool.)
- New opening dream (decided this is needed, shouldn't take too long.)
- Hotkey tutorials (decided '1' is for 'meat', '2' for flares, '3' for health tonic.  Preset, instead of equip option.  Just need onscreen text when you get the first of each.)

If I have time (or in v1.1):
- Cat sidequest.
- Area subtitles, eg leaving the apartment and entering the corridor, it would say "Wing Court, 2F", and entering next door it would go "Wing Court, Apt. 205" etc.
- Add endings "X2" / "Y2".

Then it's actually finished, and I'm onto:

- Website.
- Beta testing (if you'd like to be involved, drop me a PM.)
- Online DEMO.
- Promotion / sale.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2012, 07:17:31 AM »

If I have time (or in v1.1):
- Cat sidequest.

Really interested to see what this sidequest means...

CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

I love it, cheers for making it!  My second piece of fanart, I'm so happy!  Tears of Joy

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »

This is exactly the kind of game that I love.

Also the atmospheric pixel work is incredible.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:34 AM »

Just to say, I think LS is gonna reach beta status this week!  I'll be looking for some testers, a few at most, to fill out a feedback form etc, if anyone would be interested... Contact me via PM if you are.  Ideally I'll know your name from somewhere, and better yet you're more of a player than a designer (it's already had lots of designer feedback!)

Edit here is the new map, as the thread needs moar pics:

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 03:53:41 AM »

For me, this last part of the development is ridiculously hard and stressing... But keep it up! Your game is looking awesome, I can't wait to actually play it!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:43 AM »

It is tough, going over everything, when you know it's the last time you can change it... so it always takes longer than you think until you're happy.

Really I've been polishing the game for several months now, it feels like there's not much more I can do at this point.  I have a few very small tasks left to do for the beta, so I'll be contacting anyone who's PM'd me very soon.  There's still space for one or two more if you'd be interested...  I do sort of need the commitment to try and play the game all the way through though (about 3-6 hours) and to answer a few questions based on the experience.  If you'd be interested, let me know, cheers!

It's very nearly there guys!!!

CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

There's still space for one or two more if you'd be interested...  I do sort of need the commitment to try and play the game all the way through though (about 3-6 hours) and to answer a few questions based on the experience.  If you'd be interested, let me know, cheers!

It's very nearly there guys!!!

Whats the platform for this? I am up for testing it if I have the right device.

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »

If i hadn't been flooded with work and school crap, I would have loved to help with the beta testing. It's going to be a guaranteed buy for me once it's released, pixel horror games are on the top of my guilty pleasure list!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »

CEDE, it's for Mac and PC and potentially Linux, although  I would need someone to do that build for me.  PM me if you're interested, though.

Everyone else, I have probably more than enough offers to reply to now, I'll pick the first three or four who most fit the player profile.  Thanks everyone for the offers!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 02:26:42 AM »

Hey folks, just a quick heads-up... Sorry I've not replied to the people who PM'ed me about joining the beta test: I'll be letting you know very soon (the next day or two.). I'll pick the first five, so the places should already be filled, so thanks for all the offers!

Excited and nervous to share my baby with new people!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »

I've sent out the build to the first five or six who asked...  Good luck guys!  Coffee

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic