Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 03:20:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7306935 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27480 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »

Noice
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27481 on: July 31, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27482 on: July 31, 2014, 02:13:28 AM »

Working on Desert tiles wip.... Palm perspective is meh I know it... 
Good to see something new from you!
You're right that the perspective on the trees is a bit skew (too much like it's from the front) - have a look at this reference for measuring (via facet from pixelation)

Kinda janky but gets the point across on how to measure that stuff easily enough.

Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27483 on: July 31, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »

Hey. I believe not many folks visit portfolios forum besides employers, so I'll leave it here for people to see as well. Some of my latest pixel works compilation. These are big pictures (~1700px height), so I just put the previews here:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:43:53 AM by Phoenix849 » Logged

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27484 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:41 AM »

just do
Code:
[url=http://i.imgur.com/GRO0Np7.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/3etjuoN.png[/img][/url]

Nice mockups btw! I saw a couple of them before on pixeljoint

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27485 on: July 31, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »

just do
Code:
[url=http://i.imgur.com/GRO0Np7.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/3etjuoN.png[/img][/url]

Nice mockups btw! I saw a couple of them before on pixeljoint
Oh, thanks! That worked. Somehow links broke when I was trying to do that. It's fine now Smiley

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27486 on: July 31, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »

Good to see something new from you!
You're right that the perspective on the trees is a bit skew (too much like it's from the front) - have a look at this reference for measuring (via facet from pixelation)

Kinda janky but gets the point across on how to measure that stuff easily enough.

Thank you! Your advise are always gold tier <3
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27487 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27488 on: July 31, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »

Love love LOVE love love lOVe love love love this

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27489 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »

That capital B reads as E to me - consider dropping the top right corner pixel to round it a bit.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27490 on: August 01, 2014, 04:25:10 AM »

Drew this, being inspired by image from that thread:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26294.0
ghoulkid86
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27491 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:56 AM »

^ That's gorgeous!

I think I might have shown some of these before but I'm not sure.. 1bit doodles!

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27492 on: August 01, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »

Here's a few drafty things. I'm trying to get back into this binary format but I'm still taking a little while to get into it again.

I got really lazy with doing just about anything, but since my partner on this project said he's almost ready to get back into it, I've been trying to force myself to make things again. I have a lot of good new ideas for the project, but I just need to get myself to be able to make ideas into assets again. The past few posts I've made here I kept saying that I'm finally getting back into it, and then shortly after, I completely forget about it or just procrastinate making anything for months. From now on, I'm going to be constantly practicing so I can get to where I used to be and even further, and keep working on the assets for this project since it's been over a year since people got interested.

Overdose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27493 on: August 01, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »

Here is the idle pose for a character I've been messing around with.

And here's the cycle. I'd love feedback on how to make it look smoother while maintaining the small resolution. Probably by exaggerating it a lot more, but I'm not amazing at finding that middle point.

Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27494 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:43 PM »

unseven
« Reply #27495 on: August 01, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »

Are you using your Pixel Tools? I might try it someday, seeems interesting! Does it make a WIP gif automatically, or you just recorded that yourself?
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27496 on: August 01, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »

Devlog Update #63 - 08/01/14

While looking at these images, I suggest you listen to this world hub's theme here: http://despawn.net/audio/purgatory.wav

Purgatory Preview - CLICK FOR FULL IMAGE!

Nearly complete! It's better in motion, but I'll wait to show you that until its complete. Things missing: The doors for incomplete worlds will be dark with lightning. The completed world doors will look as they do in this. Also, there are some flair clouds missing from the ground that make it look more interesting.

Angel face Statue

This is the angel face seen in the preview above, but by itself. The eyes of the statue will open as you progress through the game.

Completed World Cloud Door

This is the final animation for doors leading to worlds you've already completed entirely. It looks pleasant and peaceful. The non-completed doors will be violent and angry with dark clouds and lightning.

Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27497 on: August 01, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »

Are you using your Pixel Tools? I might try it someday, seeems interesting! Does it make a WIP gif automatically, or you just recorded that yourself?
Yep, used that. When you save a file, it records all your actions as well, and carries them over to any consecutive saves unless you choose not to. You can play it back, and also generate a gif of the process, or portion of it. Set the amount of frames, frame duration, and if it should have transparent color. I demonstrate it somewhere in this video:

but I'm going to make a better video demonstration once my jaw heals and I can add audio so I can explain what I'm doing clearly.

Thomas, that's a pretty cool cloud effect!

unseven
« Reply #27498 on: August 01, 2014, 09:08:23 PM »

Yep, used that. When you save a file, it records all your actions as well, and carries them over to any consecutive saves unless you choose not to. You can play it back, and also generate a gif of the process, or portion of it. Set the amount of frames, frame duration, and if it should have transparent color. I demonstrate it somewhere in this video:

but I'm going to make a better video demonstration once my jaw heals and I can add audio so I can explain what I'm doing clearly.

OH MY all those pixel-art-friendly automatic pixel placements! And I saw on PJ some rotating and resizing features too. You and Dan are changing the way we pixel!
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27499 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »

OH MY all those pixel-art-friendly automatic pixel placements! And I saw on PJ some rotating and resizing features too. You and Dan are changing the way we pixel!
Thanks! The editor seems to be working pretty well based upon the feedback that is trickling in. Based on the feedback, I'm finding there are various things I need to improve that I'm working on doing.

I think it is too early to tell if I'm changing the way people pixel. The editor opens up new possibilities, but it is up to the pixel-artists to explore that new frontier and decide whether or not they want to settle into it. I'll keep trying to improve it.

Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic