Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 11:45:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: ENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4  (Read 30066 times)
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »

Your teasers are intriguing, you've said and it's obvious however that they don't necessarily show off the game but your artistic expression so, I think you'll have more comments on this particular forum when you can show what people will be playing in more conventional ways. Maybe. I don't have an artistic mind Shrug

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »

Thanks, was almost feeling like a jerk there... not saying that I am not...   Beer!Hand Metal Right

Somehow I am wanting to think that it is all part of the whole experience. I'm not making "selling" trailers here as you have said.
These are part of the game and express parts that surround the theme rather than try to sell just one package to call "the game" but I guess you are right on it still being to early to relate.

There will be something to play pretty soon. But for now I was hoping to get some emotions going somehow. But I guess I'll have to call that one a null. For now, still have only just broken into the first two - three stages with all that stuff. So there is still a lot to work with on that and one big "power-punch" to come.

Thanks for the input!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:45 AM »

Perfectly protected and good boots for stomping.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »

NEW DEMO OUT

GET THE DEMO HERE:

PROJECT WEBSITE

(Windows only for now)

HAVE FUN! And please tell me if something breaks!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2013, 06:45:01 AM »

Anyone got tips on how and where spred the demo?

Give it a spin! Tell me where you think I can improve! I think you may enjoy where I'm going... a solid indie single player experience, that is all, but a hell of work.

Right now I've got it on my page, IndieDB/Network, Pending on GoG, and Greenlight ist doing pretty well...

DanDecarlo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2013, 08:45:49 AM »

I don't know why, but the character reminds me of MewTwo from pokemon. Not sure if this is a bad thing.

benexclaimed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »

The demo is really good. Looking forward to grabbing the final version of this.
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2013, 01:21:36 AM »

Thanks! Nice to hear it works, it's a pretty staggering experience to give that out. And I'd love to keep on committing daily updates, but I think I'll settle for less updates but therefore stable and with new content.

I'll be making the full first chapter as the final demo.

I'm happy for any suggestions about spreading the word. I am still struggling a bit with blogging, because I don't know what anyone would like to know from me. And just to blog for the sake of doing it just doesn't feel right to me. So I'm open to suggestions there too.

Anyhow, I finally got some rgb-shift and noise effects going now.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2013, 01:47:16 AM »

Over 2 Weeks and a couple of downloads later, no complaints yet? Is that a good sign? Did I manage to give out a stable release at first try or what? Or I just don't hear it when it breaks.

I expect the later but still hope that everyone who played it could get something out of it. Seems to have worked for those who got in touch, thanks for playing!

And I've started bringing back in some real axion to make the next part of the demo rumble!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2013, 01:37:53 AM »

Wow, stuck in sweet lovin' lately and still amused about some of the ignorance towards what I'm doing. Hope they get the idea someday or start asking. And keep up the good work all you fellow developers out there!
Don't let noone stand in judgement over yourself!  Coffee

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2013, 04:57:54 AM »

You might want to start a playtesting thread if you're looking for feedback on the demo specifically.

Edit: I tried the demo out and it's pretty fun and very atmospheric, my biggest issue is some of the enemies are really small and hard to see.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:11:48 AM by Udderdude » Logged
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »

Just a little Gif to show that it's still going despite the ignorance I get Wink

Be back with more soon.

RedMeatGame
Level 0

Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »

Looks like a fun platform game. Real nice pixel art and I like the space theme.
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

I think I've done something wrong... it's neither 'fun' nor a platform game nor in space... dafuq... anyhow thanks for the post

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:30 AM »

Just created a FB fan page, feel free to hit the hate button:

https://www.facebook.com/enyoarcade

Cheers!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2014, 06:49:30 AM »

Well development can be pretty damn frustrating when you are alone, have no money, no food, no drugs...

What do you guys do to motivate yourself in hard times?

I've been outdoors, playing guitar on the streets of Munich, got a few coins for food that way...

And been working on some 'dream sequences' for ENYO lately:

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »

Just played the whole demo...lookin good! Took me until the second level to figure out that I could SHOOT! Facepalm

As for motivation...people playing my game and enjoying themselves is a good motivator! See how much I've helped you? Wink

Keep up the good work! Toast Right

gumustdo
Level 0

Swinging pencil.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »

Hello, I'm just finished the demo and like the game very much! Clever technique of using small pre-rendered sprite >>> pixel.

While playing I can feels the strong vibe of 16-bits era all over the place! The levels can convey a gritty, dimmed atmosphere nicely. And that Male-mutant,psyco enemy just really creep me out. So awesome for one-man project!

One down-side that I've spotted during demo is in the later levels which getting larger in area. The game kinda lost its performance. everything seem to dropped into 30fps in the last demo level.

Overall, This is one hell of a top-notch, cult, cyberpunk indie side-scroller I've every play in years.

Twitter @gumustdo
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:53 AM »

Just played the whole demo...lookin good! Took me until the second level to figure out that I could SHOOT! Facepalm

As for motivation...people playing my game and enjoying themselves is a good motivator! See how much I've helped you? Wink

Keep up the good work! Toast Right

Thank you and funny thing with the shooting, but I haven't bothered too much with tuts and don't really want to explain anything ... I think its more fun for the players to find out things that way =)

Hello, I'm just finished the demo and like the game very much! Clever technique of using small pre-rendered sprite >>> pixel.

While playing I can feels the strong vibe of 16-bits era all over the place! The levels can convey a gritty, dimmed atmosphere nicely. And that Male-mutant,psyco enemy just really creep me out. So awesome for one-man project!

One down-side that I've spotted during demo is in the later levels which getting larger in area. The game kinda lost its performance. everything seem to dropped into 30fps in the last demo level.

Overall, This is one hell of a top-notch, cult, cyberpunk indie side-scroller I've every play in years.

They are mostly actual 3D models that I render to sprites to save time when doing animation reworks or resolution changes in the future. And they give the sub-pixel animations I was looking for. Wink

I haven't looked into optimising too much yet but that mentioned level has something else going on at the beginning that may cause the framerate to drop, the size of the levels should not be an issue, I've tested it with 4-5x the size of the game levels on my notebook. But I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you both for testing!!  Gentleman Toast Right

Nice Art on that blog by the way @gumustdo and cool website @Xienen

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2014, 12:23:53 AM »

Here is a little tune I made yesterday - make it LOUD and turn your subw00fer ON!

Hand Metal Left Mock Anger Hand Metal Right

https://soundcloud.com/dev-zoo/bleepquake

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic