Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 04:37:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTRAFE®
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: STRAFE®  (Read 33258 times)
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »

Thanks everyone! Every joke and detail we put into this thing has been recognized. It feels good to know that the people who like this game have an eye for detail and get our sense of humor.

Back us or not, I hope you enjoy what we're making because we're having a blast making it.

Been keeping a nosey on this for a while…

In previous posts you've gone quite in depth with your descriptions on your workflow and I'd be fascinated to read about the work involved for the production of the trailer. For the last project I worked on, I did a live action trailer which was stupid fun and for the most part, pretty cheap to accomplish.

Very best of luck with the Kickstarter (And congrats on the shoutout by Romero).

Great Idea, I hadn't thought about that! I'll try to put something together for you and the community when I have the time to... It may be a month.
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »

GREATEST FUCKING TRAILER EVER!!!
roboy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2015, 03:32:04 AM »

That trailer blew me away - great works guys Smiley

3D artist - www.roboy.me
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:40 AM »

The graphic style is amazing, too bad the textures/pixelart feels a bit dirty.
Do you stick to a palette / certain amount of colours?

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2015, 04:56:18 AM »

Best trailer ever! Good luck with the campaign! Smiley

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2015, 05:01:26 AM »

You guys never disappoint, the video is fantastic, I hope you meet and exceed the goal! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »

The graphic style is amazing, too bad the textures/pixelart feels a bit dirty.
Do you stick to a palette / certain amount of colours?

What do you mean by dirty? Not a cohesive aesthetic?

Also, we do not stick to a limited color palette.
noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2015, 02:01:35 AM »

Love it! Glad I'm not the only one tired of how "sluggish" modern FPS's have become. The only thing that doesn't look 1996 is the ragdolls. heh.

How many weapons are you planning to have? For how long of a period will I be able to play and still find new content?

Check out twitter @noionl for regular updates
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2015, 04:11:14 AM »

Looks great!!! I wish you luck.

Although the enemies all look like this guy.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:19:34 AM by Muzz » Logged

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2015, 05:02:32 AM »

Nice looking game. It better have bunch of different cool enemies, stages and bosses like doom. It's been years since a good fps. And procedural generation isn't always good. Doom had fantastic stage design, this game might not because of that.

I don't understand the big pixel blood though? Everything else is smaller pixel and looks good, so why isn't the blood as well? Evil
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:27 AM »

Looks great!!! I wish you luck.

Although the enemies all look like this guy.

HAHAHAHA
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »

Nice looking game. It better have bunch of different cool enemies, stages and bosses like doom. It's been years since a good fps. And procedural generation isn't always good. Doom had fantastic stage design, this game might not because of that.

I don't understand the big pixel blood though? Everything else is smaller pixel and looks good, so why isn't the blood as well? Evil

The quick answer to the blood is that it's a blood map that we project over everything, it taxes the GPU even before any blood is in the scene but no matter how much is splattered we don't tax the system any more. So the higher the resolution the more taxing, I think we are at 6 texels iirc, but I liked the look so we kept it.
siskavard
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2015, 09:12:21 AM »

Replying to this awesomeness to stay updated.

Holy shit
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2015, 07:38:36 PM »

So we just posted the Behind the Scenes of the commercial as an update to the Kickstarter page. I plan on writing up a version for other devs that I'll post on here later. That will focus more on the planning than the execution in hopes of helping people better brand and advertise their games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strafegame/strafe/posts
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »

Please help share the campaign or consider backing if you think it looks good. We've stagnated the last two days and really need to pick momentum back up if we hope to turn this into a full time job for us.

Watch the BLOOD and ACID clip here:

Steve and I are currently working on the gameplay video and during the process we are ending up with some great stuff that just won’t make the cut…  so here’s a small clip. We have just got in a new feature in game that has completely changed the way we play! 

Here’s a little video of the new system in action. Of course STRAFE® is a dangerous place with blood and guts that don’t fade away but it just got a whole lot worse. We wanted the blood maps to effect gameplay not just be a cool aesthetic choice. Yes the blood and guts can be used as a breadcrumb trail but now they become level hazards.

There are a couple enemies in STRAFE® that bleed glowing acid instead of blood. These enemies must be disposed of in a way that doesn’t cover you in their dangerous juices. In a state of panic if the player doesn’t dispose of the enemies efficiently they could find themselves in a corner with a sea of acid on the floor not able to pass through unscathed.

…But if you pop the head off a glutton or can get blood to land over it you can create a safe path through a danger zone.(we just filmed a clip showing this off and look forward to sharing that with you in the gameplay video! Going up the 29th!)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »

posting to follow.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »

backed, love the environment art and trailer. anything reppin early 2000s 3D gets my support

as a visual critique, I feel like the guns aren't too cohesive with the rest of the aesthetic. their textures are much cleaner and brighter, which I get from a "important objects need to stand out" view, but they don't feel great yet. of course the art itself is good it just doesn't come off as super coherent

small nitpick. good luck with the campaign Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:51:06 PM by tenderface » Logged

rjcade
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2015, 01:44:26 AM »

Amazing KS trailer, wow!
This game looks great.  Good luck reaching your KS goal, pretty ambitious but it looks well worth it.
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »

Here's the first gameplay video for STRAFE® with some commentary! Please consider helping us out and giving to the Kickstarter if you think our shit looks cool.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2015, 10:21:24 AM »

I really liked the Kickstarter trailer but I can't say that I'm a fan of the graphics. Polycount and model wise it looks like a game from the 90s but the textures scream 2015 indie game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic