Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:27:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlightless (puzzle platformer)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Flightless (puzzle platformer)  (Read 12820 times)
st33d
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 10:39:04 AM »

It could also possibly definitely be Miascugh (Martin Wörister)
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »

THAT ART!!
THAT MUSIC!!
THAT GAME!!
wow..
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »

It could also possibly definitely be Miascugh (Martin Wörister)

Nailed it.  Awesome stuff, Mia

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

cool. obvious compliments aside, I don't like the death sound effect. it's like punishment. the death animation could also be more interesting. nice level design.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »

Great game, it was fun and looked great.  The puzzles were also cool, I'd love to see more.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

don't know if it's intended, but I found a place where you can cheat using the respawn time

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
st33d
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:01 PM »

steps to repeat?
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »

Tried it out for a bit.  It's got a decent gameplay mechanic and some neat puzzles.  My biggest issue is the fact that it's an open world you can explore.  If you happen to miss a gem somewhere, you're going to end up doing a lot of tedious backtracking looking for it.  IMO it would be better if there were markers on the map where the rooms that still have gems in them are.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:26:34 PM by Udderdude » Logged
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

Not sure if this is the same one Moi is talking about, but in the first room with trampolines there was a spike right at the start that you were supposed use the trampolines to jump over, and if you held left after you respawned you could just run right through them using invincibility.

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »

Tried it out for a bit.  It's got a decent gameplay mechanic and some neat puzzles.  My biggest issue is the fact that it's an open world you can explore.  If you happen to miss a gem somewhere, you're going to end up doing a lot of tedious backtracking looking for it.  IMO it would be better if there were markers on the map where the rooms that still have gems in them are.

Yeah, the players should have some comfort that they don't need to be anal about collecting.
st33d
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »

you're going to end up doing a lot of tedious backtracking

The demo map is not the game map. The game map requires a different pace and the ability to teleport between hubs. We're working on it.

Not sure if this is the same one Moi is talking about, but in the first room with trampolines there was a spike right at the start that you were supposed use the trampolines to jump over, and if you held left after you respawned you could just run right through them using invincibility.

Eh, I could stall the player on respawn but that would make traversing the room a bit tedious. And you still have the gem in the middle to get.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »

The demo map is not the game map. The game map requires a different pace and the ability to teleport between hubs. We're working on it.

This is good.

Eh, I could stall the player on respawn but that would make traversing the room a bit tedious. And you still have the gem in the middle to get.

You could take away/shorten invincibility for that one room. Invincibility is only to handle the chaos of enemies etc.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »

steps to repeat?
in fact it happened several times, to the point where I started thinking it was one of the game's mechanics.
I don't think you should remove it, it will give an edge to smart players, quick thinkers, early birds, the roaming princes of the city, people like moi who use their flash games like they use their women, bond, james bond.
Nice little game, I got 41 stars, reached the boss, and had something else to do so I didn't continue. I like the mix of puzzle, and skills (like when you have to pass under the blobs)
I think you should drive this game away from flash territory and more into arcade territory, i.e less puzzly puzzles( well not less, but not more either, keep the proportion like it is now), more action , and more "story" or cutscenes or whatever little gratuitous fleshy bits to reward the player
good luck

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:08 AM »

Awesome art Smiley
I didn't expect the slow pace though..
The sluggish walking animation makes it feel even worse :D

st33d
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 05:48:02 AM »

If the character moved any faster it would just turn into a total twitch fest.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »

Ah Valve.

We were in the top 100 yesterday. We kind up go up and down around the same position. Forever.
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 02:36:53 AM »

I think everyone has that at the moment from seeing a few tweets. Probably a bug introduced while they add more stats stuff to GL.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »

superb pixel art and animations!

st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:08 AM »

I think everyone has that at the moment from seeing a few tweets. Probably a bug introduced while they add more stats stuff to GL.

Yeah, I finally found the stats tab on the right. It's a massive improvement, completely transparent. I'd say that people submitting now have got the opportunity to come up with a strategy and see if it works.

As for the game - added water buoyancy mechanics, ladder climbing vines, telepots that teleport you and ladders, new types of secrets and lots more.

Martin's tied up with Icebreaker at the minute though and more people are getting added to the project every day whilst it's being polished for release. So we can't even show the new mechanics because we don't have an artist to draw them.

In the meantime I'll be cobbling some other games together whilst I wait for Icebreaker to wrap up.
Ant
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:38 AM »

Yeah, I finally found the stats tab on the right. It's a massive improvement, completely transparent. I'd say that people submitting now have got the opportunity to come up with a strategy and see if it works.

If you don't mind, what stats do they have now?

p.s. the spriting in this game is phenomenal Hand Thumbs Up Right
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic