Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 06:08:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHeartography: a FREE turn based strategy surgery game!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heartography: a FREE turn based strategy surgery game!  (Read 674 times)
soulareus
Level 0

Making exciting little worlds

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

Hi Gang!  I just finished a game I call Heartography.  It was something I started as part of the global game jam 2013.  It's a game where you battle against the computer or another person sitting next to you to complete the largest veins without running out of blood.

It plays kind of like a competitive game of pipe dream, if you ever played that game.  Wow, I just looked up pipe dream on Wikipedia.  I didn't realize that name was a drug reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_dream).  Anyway, I think it turned out pretty well but am interested to see what you guys think.  There's probably some cool ways this game could be expanded for someone with more imagination than I have.  I think it's best played with someone sitting next to you;  The games can get pretty intense when you start cutting each-other off.

Here's a link to the web game on Kongregate where you can play it instantly: http://www.kongregate.com/games/soulareus/heartography

And a screenshot:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:42:17 AM by soulareus » Logged
soulareus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

Creative feedback anyone?  Maybe some ideas on how to make the 1p experience better without too much work?
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 07:54:51 AM »

Tried the game. I really don't understand how the scoring work. Maybe a better way to show what contribute to the score at the end or a better tutorial might help.

Also, the control is a bit confusing, with mouse as main input but to restart the game you have to press a spacebar. Full mouse control would be more consistent.

Still, I kinda like it even though I have no idea how scoring work! Possibly because it's like a board game and I like the theme Smiley

soulareus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »

Wow, Great suggestions Hima!  Both of them would really help new players, and be easy to implement.  I'm going to add these features.  Give yourself 5 points.  Thanks for the feedback!

Edit:
I added the ability to restart the game with the mouse.
I added more information on the instructions page with better scoring information.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:14:33 PM by soulareus » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic