Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGames2 Vital Tips for Designing & Creating Video Games
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: 2 Vital Tips for Designing & Creating Video Games  (Read 48184 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »

[/b]

How do hot + nice + smart = nun ??

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »

Sexy Nuns, not regular nuns, c'mon Moi. Try to keep up.

I remember seeing an early version of World of Warcraft, all the Females of the races looked actually like female versions of their male counterparts, I guess it didn't test well, cuz they're all pallet-swapped humans now.

Also, the pose that Gimmy harps on a bit, with arched spine and hip out hips is an easy way to make your art look more 'Dynamic'.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

Also, the pose that Gimmy harps on a bit, with arched spine and hip out hips is an easy way to make your art look more 'Dynamic'.

Pretty much. Just about all of those images people posted are meant to convey motion.
And that 'turning sideways so you see T&A at the same time HOW CAN ANYONE DO IMPOSSIBLE' pose is something people do on a regular basis when they are turning to look at something behind them and don't want to rotate their whole body.
Those Mass Effect screenshots all were shots of scenes in motion or just oblique camera angles. The cleavage was omnipresent, yes, but it's not exactly going to draw your eye while there are explosions and flashes and...well, the game going on.

It may be silly and overdone, but I think the issue of poses can be pretty much laid down as an attempt to make it more active rather than just passive poses.
The armour, though, that gets a bit more tricky...

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

Why male doesn't have those dynamic ark Wink
However I just pick something from a source, and it's more about the accumulation that a distinct shoot. Male don't have such sophisticate accumulation of sexiness. It's easy to mock base on one screenshot, but that's missing the point.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

Because they're generally obscuring it by being oversized as they are in most games  Wink

Yeah, no, I understand. I just think that pigeon-holing individual instances won't get us much of anywhere. It's a symptom of something larger, that was pointed out in the Wondertwins image: women are more prominently sexualized because they have more prominent secondary sexual characteristics. I don't really think there's a solution. I don't think there necessarily has to be one, it may just be riffing on the way our brains are wired. It's not necessarily okay that it sells, maybe it is a terrible shame, but if it's a terrible shame then a whole damn lot of people of both genders are guilty of enjoying it.

I do think males should be more effectively sexualized. Not exactly evening the playing field, but I've seen it done Wizard

AUST
Headless Man
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »

It look radioactive Huh?

on topic:
There is nothing wrong with cleavage or sexuality women actually but over reliance on it to define woman, even when badass. Can a woman be badass without clevage, ass shot, or skin exposure, or any ref to her sexuality, no boobsplosion? Let us see Wink

Can't believe it?  Giggle

The whole idea of women being effective close-quarters combatants is so ludicrous they might as well go all the way and wear bronze pasties and a chain mail loincloth.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »

The whole idea of women being effective close-quarters combatants is so ludicrous they might as well go all the way and wear bronze pasties and a chain mail loincloth.

AUST
JWK5
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Don't be so hysterical Wink

Obviously it was never an hystorical fact ... Oh wait!

All are historically famous, I let you dig and find the source.
update for fun:
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/sekaianime/1044617/Tomoe,-la-mujer-samurai.html

Thx for the prime that allow to pile more data out of the thread Wink

DVD bonus:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:42:33 PM by Gimmy TILBERT » Logged

shig
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

In before drama queen samtagonist and shig say we are feminist whore who want to get rid of their horny dispenser  because we think they are inherently evil Giggle
whose posts have you been reading
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

Pretty much. Just about all of those images people posted are meant to convey motion.
And that 'turning sideways so you see T&A at the same time HOW CAN ANYONE DO IMPOSSIBLE' pose is something people do on a regular basis when they are turning to look at something behind them and don't want to rotate their whole body.

But the question is why are most examples of this women? If it was purely about showing motion, there wouldn't be a sexist bias about whom is in the center frame. Aside from that, bad anatomy makes art bad. Drawing a woman with unrealistic breasts is one thing but drawing a realistically proportioned woman with a spine that has holes in it is another.

Obviously, some men want to see women making this kind of motion.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »

But the question is why are most examples of this women? If it was purely about showing motion, there wouldn't be a sexist bias about whom is in the center frame.

The center of attention is in the center frame. In many of those images and etc there is only one person and they are obviously the center of attention. You're getting off track here.

Drawing a woman with unrealistic breasts is one thing but drawing a realistically proportioned woman with a spine that has holes in it is another.

I think you're looking for ways to make this seem like some sort of cruelty to women by men.
While there may be arguments as such, that's not really the point of this thread.

AUST
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »

sounds like some guys' famous last words

also you know what, let's quote already obnoxious picture chains
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:29:59 PM by The Monster King » Logged
im9today
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

if you show me 15 more jpgs then you will be right
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »

Drawing a woman with unrealistic breasts is one thing but drawing a realistically proportioned woman with a spine that has holes in it is another.

I think you're looking for ways to make this seem like some sort of cruelty to women by men.
While there may be arguments as such, that's not really the point of this thread.

Context:
Aside from that, bad anatomy makes art bad. Drawing a woman with unrealistic breasts is one thing but drawing a realistically proportioned woman with a spine that has holes in it is another.

The first part of my post was just saying that it's sexist, nothing more. I don't think an image of  an arched spine is cruel to women--it's just pixels. My point in the second part was that it's bad art. IMO, unrealistic breasts can be stylistic, but bad spines, disproportionate hips, impossible bends, and general bad anatomy doesn't make the picture any better. Though, this isn't an art critique topic so that's not the point of this thread either.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »

Quote from: Mikademus link=topic=21748.msg616863#msg616863
Is she storing nourishment for the future in her hip pouches? Is she a camel-chipmonk hybrid mutant?! Has the dragon been stomping on her? There is a story to be told here...

¿ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatopygia ɟo pɹɐǝɥ ɹǝʌǝ noʎ ʇ,uǝʌɐɥ

Of course I have. It is the boring explanation. Also almost exclusive to some African peoples. I take your upside-down text as an ethnocentric and misogynist racial slur against everyone from "under there", that is, not Europe or USA, or that you spend your time on your back peeking up skirts: in either way, ɯnp and bad Paul, bad!

*17 PICTURES*

Don't quote the bloody pictures or I will have to report you to the Don't Quote the Pictures Police. They exist.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2011, 01:35:16 AM »

Pretty much.

It's not about how much skin a character is showing, it's about how much the character chooses to engulf the camera with their vagina.

I'm not a fan of silly armour designs, but I'm a big fan of exposed skin, makes for lovely tone contrast between armour and skin.

Headless Man
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2011, 04:23:40 AM »

[snip]

I could kill all of them with my semi-erect penis.

In fact, I think I will.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:13:43 PM by Inanimate » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:27 AM »

OUCH!!!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »

Personally I think chick with full armor can look hot as hell. Just don't let helmets cover their faces... except during battle of course.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic