Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 04:30:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906162 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: November 05, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »

just started spacebase df-9, double fine's dwarf fortress lite In Space(tm). one of my astronauts already asphyxiated because i didn't know you had to build an airlock. rip
played more of this the other day and while its still in its very early stages, it's the most promising df clone ive played. i hope they stick with it.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 05, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4404 on: November 05, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »

Has anyone here played Yesterday? It was totally off my radar until I stumbled onto an LP of it, and from what I've seen so far it seems like an overlooked gem. I didn't know adventure games of this caliber were still being made. Definitely deserves some attention.

Kekskiller
« Reply #4405 on: November 06, 2013, 04:19:54 AM »

I knew it. These horse games definitely need a mature mod community.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: November 06, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »

Playing 10,000,000. It's a great form of the puzzle game that it is (not sure what it's called, but it's different from the usual match-3 games where you swap adjacently).

Skyrim is pretty shit imo. It's just Running Around For Hours - The Game
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: November 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »

Running Around For Hours - The Game could be pretty fun if you have a neat world to run around in.

I'm pretty happy with Wonderful 101. It has a lot of vehicle-based segments in missions, way more than Bayonetta did, but that's not necessarily bad since they frequently let you use your unite morphs.

My only major complaint is that the platforming segments are made unnecessarily difficult because it's impossible to tell where floating platforms are without some kind of shadow to reveal their position against a common background. You'll wind up falling in holes a lot in one stage in particular, though you lose only a sliver of health so it's not a big deal.

One major positive for the game - continues put you literally where you died, so as long as you don't care about your score anyone can punch through the game eventually. That makes it much more fun on an early playthrough when you're still trying to get the mechanics down, but don't want to redo the same fight over and over while you memorize the enemy tells. All the challenge of the game is reserved for your second playthrough which I really think is a good way to handle a cinematic game like this.

I like how the game actually has some meaningful character development. There are some conflicts between the heroes that get resolved over the course of their adventures and are neatly paired up with action sequences, like a hot-headed member of the team fighting a solo battle, and later giving exposition while the heroes battle through a couple of lengthy but otherwise unremarkable fights. There's still a lot of exposition given through standard cutscenes and the character development isn't remarkably outstanding, but combined with the fun premise and good level design it improves the experience.

I think Platinum realized the boss fights in Bayonetta were were a high point of the game, so Wonderful 101 features a lot more of them, one per chapter. They've done a good job making them varied and exciting, ranging from a raging battle on falling tower fragments to a high-speed fight with an octopus trying to drag you into the ocean, to my personal favorite, a multi-part fight with a microscopic organism that keeps adjusting the scale of the fight as your shrink ray wears off. I found myself looking forward to each boss fight, and coming away satisfied.

I'm looking forward to playing it again on a harder difficulty, and trying to collect all the bottlecaps, figurines and character bios.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: November 06, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »

Kekskiller
« Reply #4409 on: November 06, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »

Currently testing Grim Dawn. It seems like Titan Quest (same engine, same lead designer) but in some sort of Van Helsing-esque medieval/gun setting that looks exactly some good 'ol 2D RPG with lots of lots textural greebling (if there is anything this). Let's see what this game can sport when I get the time to continue. And a sort of extreme change in style, too: it's all dirty and crispy with a distinct old school feeling. The main character's animations however seem just bah.

Edit: Nox. The look definitely reminds of fuckin awesome Nox. Great colors and contrast did it have.
Blambo
« Reply #4410 on: November 06, 2013, 05:56:47 PM »

Does anybody still play Shattered Horizon? It was some space FPS that looked really cool when it came out in like 2009.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4411 on: November 07, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

Toki Tori 2 is really, really cool.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4413 on: November 07, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »

Just played the concept test of a board game I am developing. So far so good.

Capitalism and Death
Level 0

Drugs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4414 on: November 07, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »

Sqrxz 3

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: November 07, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »

antoniodamala
« Reply #4416 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »

Got to the last stage of Bloodlines, finally. Have been trying to get there with at least 1 continue and that's actually quite hard. Great game so far, but I may need some breathing room before delving into another castlevania again. Considering trying Hexen after bloodlines to improve my fpsdungeoncrawler skills.

Just played the concept test of a board game I am developing. So far so good.

I'm working on one too, but sadly haven't made any new friends here that likes boardgames, so I mostly work on the art and stuff.

Does anybody still play Shattered Horizon? It was some space FPS that looked really cool when it came out in like 2009.

Never heard of it until you said it, but looks pretty cool.

Thank you, Obama.

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4417 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

I'm pretty convinced by now that the Spelunky Daily Challenge is not randomized and really the creation of a Sadistic Group of Evil People out there to annoy me.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: November 07, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »

I've been playing Binding of Isaac a lot these days. Really an awesome game...

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: November 07, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

All I've really had time for lately is playing Spelunky on my Vita on the bus to and from school. Possibly with a smattering of Final Fantasy Tactics and Darkstalkers.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic