Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 04:18:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsReprisal - Green Lit!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Reprisal - Green Lit!  (Read 24752 times)
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »

Thanks, yeah I think it's sorted out now. Keeping Reprisal.

This is awesome news.  It sucks to see legal bullshit thwart interesting developers and games.

Smiley Toast Right
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »

Definitely great news Smiley

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 05:29:57 AM »

Almost there!

Just released the first batch of public beta accounts for people to play with levels. The levels will be released each week and even each day. Idea of this is so players can provide feedback on specific levels to help test. I've decided to do it this way for a couple of reasons. Making the full set of levels was proving tough as the only feedback was me, so this way it helps spread the load and makes sense to crowd source testing.  Coffee

You can grab an account here:
http://www.reprisaluniverse.com/beta/

Also in this build is an intro and new 3 slot game save system...

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 06:13:02 AM »

Some news, after some inital feedback from the beta testers it seemed that Pathfinding was a problem. This I kinda knew about and it seemed like a big change. I had earmarked writing proper path finding for Reprisal 2 if I ever decided to do a sequel.

After some thinking, I spent the last few days and late nights up to my neck in code finding and implementing proper A* pathfinding. Tired

As maybe other game makers have experienced, its very un-nerving knowing that your current code build is in pieces. But I'm happy to say that A* has been updated in the current live Beta version!  Smiley

If you need a Reprisal Beta account you can grab one here while they are available:

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »

AI tweaked, added more levels to beta and updated Hero's ... tweaked pixels!

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:14 AM »

If you can pull yourselves away from Fez Gomez, here's some more pixels in an RTS stylee

Public Beta Re-opened

A lot has changed since the game was last public, so after an intensive private beta crunch and push from a code and levelling point, I've just re-opened the game for all to play with the updates. In a nut-shell you'll find more levels, better path finding, better cursor tweaks, more aggressive CPU AI. Tired

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

Just completed the last level islands data base.
That's all 30 completed! Yes! Air punch!  Grin

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »

A big piece has been added today in the shape of in game tutorial. It's been requested a lot and I kinda put it off till now as the game is nearing completion.

The latest beta build has been updated with this in. Island 1 and 2 have tutorials to introduce players to the games controls. Any feedback on this would be welcomed as Ive never done anything like this before Coffee

How is was handled
For those that are interested, the way it was coded was to create an array of interactions. This keeps a record of what the player is clicking on or doing. Also with each interaction is a 'usage' total and any other handy bits of data that may need to be checked.

A main 'interactions' function is called in the game loop which monitors what your currently meant to be doing, for example clicking on a button. Once the 'usage' total of this interaction is above 1 then the game knows it's been completed and moves on to the next part of the tutorial resetting the interactions array.

It took me a while to come to this solution which I think is the best as it allows me to add as many different tutorials as needed.

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

yes! SUPER YES!

Also, you need to release the soundtrack for this game. Do you have a bandcamp where I can toss you a few bucks for the tracks?
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »

@sonicblastoise thanks! the tutorial was a mission to code.

Been a bit quite here as had to get my head down doing work work to pay to survive! Tired

But Reprisal is now close ... so very close, like a week'ish away from launch. Most recent private beta includes 'export' game saves which allows you to transfer your games between computers etc. Ended up with a system that needs no account sign up but instead makes game saves into an encrypted string that can just be copied and pasted.

Oh, and also got this in the post which is nice :D

Public beta is is playable here:

Private beta users can still use their account details to see the most bang up to date version with all the bell and whistles in.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 05:35:14 AM »

I love that print. Kiss
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:10 AM »

Thanks! There's also a 'limited edition - numbered - tilt shift - A3' version which will be available for order soon ... I hope!  Smiley

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »

This looks neat. I wasn't sure about the blur effect at first, but it looks okay in that print. You've obviously got a good eye for graphic design.
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »

Flawless, man!
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »

Fantastic. Keep us posted, I'd love to have that print hanging from my wall
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:03 AM »

Stick a fork in it, it's done!

Reprisal is launched:
http://www.reprisaluniverse.com

Also, if you want to get your hands on some wall paper like this, then click here:
http://www.reprisaluniverse.com/media/wallpaper_001.jpg

Thank you to all of you that have given feedback, it's been almost a year since I first started. One of the hardest things was knowing when to say, "yes this is done" and to stop tinkering around. Learnt loads, this being my first ever game, and it's been a worth while experience.

Grin

Ashkin
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 02:16:15 AM »

Awesome!!!
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 02:31:22 AM »

Congrats on the release! It looks absolutely gorgeous  Kiss

Rockin' that wallpaper now.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10