Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 09:14:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: GO HERE TO CONTRIBUTE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: GO HERE TO CONTRIBUTE  (Read 91455 times)
Yaddy1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

Ok cause I'm always gonna have a mac. I think this is a great idea and would love to help. Unfortunatly my programming skills are virtually non-existent and my art skills... let me know if I can help though.

Zombie carp! There are zombie carp in the river!
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »

Dwarf Fortress players have already made a lot of great suggestions in the Dwarf's thread. We don't have any hardcore DF players working directly on the game right now, so hearing advice from those who love the game is very helpful.

The-Imp
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »

... Any thing I can do?
 Shrug
medieval
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »

The first post has, like, a whole list.
The-Imp
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

The first post has, like, a whole list.
Hmmm, that is where I shall start!
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »

I will help with music. Just give the word!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »

Hey, I'm a new guy. I've been spriting for a few years (you can find most of my better stuff on my PixelJoint profile, same username) and I came across this project and felt like contributing. That being said, I'm going to try my hand at Noitu as I couldn't find anything done for him.

Lo
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2009, 08:55:13 AM »

Good to have you aboard.

Noitu's just a support character, so the only animation needed for him is him unleashing a flurry of punches (there's already an idle sprite for him- check the Items thread).

The main characters that need animations the most are Nikujin and Liero. Turner, Iji and Trilby could use some work eventually, too.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »

good to know. Thanks.
Edit: I think I'm going to do a few edits to the idle too.

Lo
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »

Just a suggestion, though this is obviously not the right place for me to make it (and I should be eating lunch so I can get back to spriting for my CockpitCompo entry):

Look at the Xoda Rap thread to look at the colors they've used on her, just to get an idea of how you Noitu's sprite looks in comparison- since these two characters are from the same world but different moments in time, it would be a good idea to look at their colors and sizes to make sure that any edits don't look off.

That is all. Off I go back to spiting cockpit stuff- I'll get back on working on Trilby sprites as soon as I'm done.

Currently brainstorming for a project
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »

Haha, thats exactly what I did and I hadn't even read your post yet. Anyway, here's the slightly redone idle.

any suggestions are appreciated.

Lo
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

Post it in the items thread- you'll get actual feed back that way.

While the title of this thread may be slightly misleading, this is actually where you're supposed to go to find out what IB needs the most at the time.

That aside, that's pretty darn fancy!

Currently brainstorming for a project
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »

Okay, thanks. Will do. I'll probably finish the anim first though.

Lo
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »

Grinning darn fancy!

I'm just curious, who are constituting the main team? Nightshade, kovski and godsavant I know, but are there any more people that are considered the "original" group, those who were here from the beggining and have done extra much to contribute?

I wasn't here when stuff started, so I'd just like to catch up on some IB history since I've been involved a little lately.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »

Well, chutup did a lot of coding and is the main permissions-hunter and Oracle came up with the graphical style, as far as I know.

Also, so far TwiTerror is the main music guy  Gentleman
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »

There's no main team, really. Kovski and godsavant are just like any other contributors, only they've contributed a lot.

Basically, so far I've done most of the programming, with the exception of the characters themselves- Chutup (aka William) did a lot of the character coding. He's also gotten a lot of permissions.

Kovski and godsavant have done a lot of the sprite work. Oracle came up with the graphical style and made some early sprites. Derek did a lot of the sprite work for Naija.

TwiTerror has done the music so far.

A lot of others contributed to the project, though. Those are just a few individuals who've gone above and beyond what I expected anyone to do.

shig
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2009, 08:03:04 AM »

It would be great if this game saved some data of past matches.
Like at least wich characters were in the match and wich character won. That way we'd gather some nice statistics and I believe it would be really helpful to balance the characters.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »

Yeah, it'd be best if we didn't have a MAIN team.
It'd feel more... "indie" if a bunch of indie-goers contributed.
I've already written the Menu Theme.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »

It would be great if this game saved some data of past matches.
Like at least wich characters were in the match and wich character won. That way we'd gather some nice statistics and I believe it would be really helpful to balance the characters.

Really good idea. I'll add this to my to do list.

ChevyRay
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »

Regarding online/multiplayer gameplay.

If you guys are unable to code this with Game Maker for Indie Brawl, I will definitely put the cherry on the cone when this baby is complete. I've coded a few really quick multiplayer engines now that can support almost no-lag TCP/IP gameplay for about 4-6 players at once, and this game must NOT be released without it. Grin

So yeah, in summary: if nobody else is gonna code the online-multiplayer, I will. And I promise it will work great. So let me know if that's a go.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic