Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:08:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsThe GHOSTS&MAKERS Compo [theme: GHOSTS, status: put to rest]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: The GHOSTS&MAKERS Compo [theme: GHOSTS, status: put to rest]  (Read 41708 times)
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »

Right, or they're mock-ups for a real game he intends to make shortly.  My Word!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2010, 11:04:29 PM »

Well then I have to say that JWG of Dave is Dead is a ghost.

Look at his first in game screen shot. Notice the 16x16 blocks he is using. Notice the 2 pixels on the left side and the 11 pixels on the right side. Neither of these are multiples of 16, and pretty odd amounts to have on each side.
Although, let's assume he's innocent. He is using some weird program that made his map start 2 pixels offset and he set his width to 397 pixels by typing random numbers.

But wait: He has a second picture, let's examine that:
Left border: 9 pixels
Right border: 41 pixels, or ging be a 16x16 grid, an extra 9 pixels.
Although these numbers are the same, they have no relation to the first picture at all.

Vertical extras for the two pictures:
First top: 9 pixels
First bottom: 6 pixels
Second top: 2 pixels
Second bottom: 4 pixels

These pictures are all fakes.

Noir

Edit: Whoops I somehow deleted it by accident. Mis-clicked on delete and then thought clicking yes was a good idea. Don't know what I was on. I still had it cause I write all long posts in note pad first so I don't lose them.

Right, or they're mock-ups for a real game he intends to make shortly.  My Word!
The first EXCLUSIVE in game screenshot.
He has lot's of pictures, but two of them are "in game screenshots".
Ashkin
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »

Draknek + KittenEater: Not a ghost- Draknek's shots and KE's concepts seem like natural development patterns.

Sensenmann: May be a ghost- He hasn't accomplished much yet in way of screens, and I just don't trust him.

Daniel Seabra: Not a ghost- Seems legitamite with the mockups... Not sure though.

Allen: May be a ghost- The screenshot... Uh... Yeah.

Dragonmaw + PleasingFungus: Unsure

Parthon: Unsure- doesn't seem to have made any moves so far.

Dangerousday: Not a ghost- Seems legitamite with the loose design and unsureness.

JWG: Ghost- I just don't trust those screenshots- characters are final, tiles aren't, as well as the previous speculation.

These are all just speculation at this point, and completely unsure.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »

Yeah cuz we have so many screens for our game  Big Laff

JoGribbs
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »

It has come to light that some gentleman suspect me a ghost - ha! is what I say to those accusations.

Well then I have to say that JWG of Dave is Dead is a ghost.

*Maths stuff*

These pictures are all fakes.

Noir

All that proves is that I didn't care about what sizes my mockups were, which I won't deny - I was just putting up things I drew that looked nice, rather than worrying about what size the game would be. But it's not evidence that I faked them. That's an inference.

Secondly, the in-game images I've shown were originally much larger, since Game Maker's natural size is something like this:

But I decided to cut out most of the white space, which is why they might not fit the grid exactly (I think I might even have missed two pixels off this one, so don't go measuring it and taking that as more evidence).

JWG: Ghost- I just don't trust those screenshots- characters are final, tiles aren't, as well as the previous speculation.

The tiles aren't uniform though - they have to look appropriately sketchy, which means I have to use like 6 different ground tiles, which is what I did for the mockups. While I'm actually developing the game it would be silly of me to tile it that way, since I'm just trying to make sure everything in it works first.

Also - seriously? Come on!
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2010, 07:59:30 AM »

yeah sorry for no devlog yet i am juggling with emergency irons

the irons are in the fire
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2010, 10:24:58 AM »

Here's what I think so far:
Quote from: Speculations
Draknek + KittenEater: Makers - Seems pretty natural looking with concept art and programming logs.

Sensenmann: Perhaps - not enough info to tell, really.

Allen: Seems like a ghost. Don't trust yet.

Dragonmaw + PleasingFungus: Not enough info to tell. I would guess ghost, but I am unsure why.

Parthon: Not sure - seems pretty legitimate though.

Dangerousday: Again, hard to tell.

JWG: Not a ghost - because if he was a ghost, then I would be sad because the game would not be made.

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
Ashkin
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »

Since Aquin appears to be too lazy to post the devlog, I guess I'll have to link to it myself...
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16083.0
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »

Just wondering, will everyone vote (public vote) or will it be just us people in the competition?

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »

I think you should have a compo-only vote for elimination, and a public vote for the finals, with the public vote counting for less points to even it out.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

Yep; the way mokesmoe said it is basically the way it's planned to work.
COMPO ENTRANTS NEED TO VOTE ON ELIMINATION.
When we get to the finals, there will be a public vote on... game quality I guess!

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »

@JWG

Looking back at my post, I was being an idiot. I was blinded by the fact that I wouldn't be able crop a picture unless it was absolutely perfect.

But what's with the 2 pixel eyes in the first picture, and everything being in the same point in their animation cycle?

Although your devlog still makes me seem kinda suspicious, it's mostly because I've looked at it the most. I'm going with the "too good to be true" philosophy, so take it as a complement.

Also - seriously? Come on!
Well, yeah, but I didn't really feel the need to point it out.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »

You all only have 27 hours left to vote.
I have just now decided that all non-player votes will count for one tenth of a vote!
Have fun if nobody else votes, mokesmoe :3

Dragonmaw
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

I vote Allen team as a ghost. That mock-up is just crazy. No way it can be done.
Ashkin
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2010, 07:01:53 PM »

I think I'll drop my vote on the Allen team too.
Kuppo
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »

Come on, people, Daniel Seabra is obviously a ghost.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »

Everyone remember: If we all spread our votes evenly (except a slight majority on the 'major ghost') then no ghosts can get points. With this in mind, I vote dangerousday.

This is not because I hate him or anything. I deeply sympathize with his work hours, and I'm sorry he could not make anything to show us. I have no basis, really; He just hasn't posted much. I would vote allen, but everyone else has so it's pointless right now. I'm sorry, dangerousday, I just don't want any random ghost to leech off of me.

Quote from: Kuppo
Come on, people, Daniel Seabra is obviously a ghost.
Random evil post has no proof and is evil. If you could provide some for me, I would be glad to prove you wrong in any way possible (I don't think there is much I CAN prove, because this competition was designed to be misty like that).

What is it that makes you think that? Is it that I have no story? I never have stories when I make games. Eventually, if the game is worth it, I'll come up with a story. Besides, that's Arkthalohs' job, not mine. And he doesn't seem to post much. I talk with him every day though.

Is it because I produce stuff to fast? Well, I've spent a good 6-8 hours on this game right now, most of which went into artwork, so yeah, I did work a lot. And it shows.

Why do you blame me so, oh noble communist?

Kuppo
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »

You've just got that stink on you.
*sniiiiiiiiiiffff* Crazy
dangerousday
Level 1

iacedrom

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. If I were someone else I'd vote for me too... but I'm not, so instead I'm voting for team Allen
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »

I'll vote with Ashkin, just to boost our ratings.  Well, hello there!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic