Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:58:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsThe GHOSTS&MAKERS Compo [theme: GHOSTS, status: put to rest]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: The GHOSTS&MAKERS Compo [theme: GHOSTS, status: put to rest]  (Read 41669 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:33 PM »

I'm sorry, XRA! Submissions and stuff are closed.
(I did not make that clear at all, unfortunately.)

The future will probably hold good things though.

Just keep an eye out for the next one :x

EDIT TO ROTATEME :: Hmm I don't think there is a clear enough incentive in that case? Maybe too chaotic! Also, games without votes either way would have a clear advantage.

EDIT IN GENERAL :: I will run two votes at the end; one pre-release HYPE VOTE (Ghosts can get more points here; the point system may be really fuzzy) and one post-release SATISFACTION VOTE (Only Makers can get points here)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:47:29 PM by Droqen » Logged

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »

Devlog thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16047.0

How many weeks of voting will there be?

Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »

Our weblog: Link of Magic

I need to work more. A lot more.

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16049.0

boooo
dangerousday
Level 1

iacedrom

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2010, 01:08:20 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16056.0

Devlog is up. Good luck everyone!
increpare
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2010, 01:44:55 AM »

I completely missed this thread until now.  Interesting idea Smiley
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2010, 06:31:58 AM »

Thanks, increpare! :3

--> Also, since people have been asking, this will probably run for four to five weeks.

The original plan was to go for five weeks, but I've been putting a lot of thinking into paring it down to four :D For reasons: I don't want to drag this out too long, and I don't know if cutting down entrants right down to half is the best idea.

Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »

My Devlog:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16040.0

Probably do post(s) on my own blog too.
Captain_404
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »

Aw man, just saw this thread now. This is a totally cool idea.

Are there plans to run another such compo after this one? Please?
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »

It'd be interesting to see a Reality TV spin on such a compo... like Top Chef or similar.

Nothing to do with this thread really, just sayin'.  Although Droqen, I think half sounds okay.  The funny thing is with the werewolf game, it can end the moment people think all the killers are dead.  I'm not sure if we need something like that.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »

I think that maybe... as soon as all ghosts are eliminated (if that happens), the compo will instantly go into DAWN OF THE FINAL WEEK: 168 HOURS REMAIN mode.

edit ::

Parthon. Awesome. We're at like 70% now.
Aquin. That'd be kind of hilarious xD // yeah maybe half is alright :x
Captain_404. I hope so. We've only just started, so we'll have to see if I (or someone else! gasp) want(s) to run another in the future.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »

Right, but sometimes killers win.  I'm not sure how that's gonna work.  Maybe that's the cut-off point?  50% of remaining contestants are in the final push?

I'm not sure.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »

There's another step to killers 'winning' this compo (they also have to score well in the 'hype' portion? I dunno really how scoring will work there, I might just give ghosts *2 points for their hype votes since they won't get any game votes), and they can't outright 'win' the main bit except by... surviving <:

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »

I found about this through the devlogs, which makes me a bit late. I guess that's what I get for not stalking Droqen enough reading any other forums.

I can still try to guess who the ghosts are by myself though.
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »

We have a devlog.

I am seriously so psyched, it is ridiculous.

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »

1. RULE CHANGE. If you are eliminated, your unfinished build will be involved in the 'best game' voting if you so desire. Working further is obviously allowed (I'm not going to tell you to stop working on a game, jeez) but you still can't submit any further builds.

2. Aquin/Ashkin Team and The Monster King have yet to submit a devlog. Could that mean something? Probably not. Keep in mind that FOUR DAYS (and 6 hours) FROM NOW, SOMEONE WILL BE ELIMINATED. Don't forget to cast your votes!!

3. Vote Weighting: If you and your partner vote for the same target, it will count for 1.5 votes total. A solo player's vote will count for 1 vote. Two disagreeing partners will have vote power 0.5 each.

summary:
team vote = 1.5 power
solo vote = 1.0 power
team disagreement = 0.5 power each (1.0 in total)

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »

I think it'd be funny if the ghosts had to come up with the worst design possible and get their makers knocked out, but the makers had to make the best game and stay in.

I guess that wouldn't work practically, but y'know, it'd be funny.
Daniel Seabra
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »

Why could you not keep working on your builds and submit the latest one? I think that allows you to stay in if you are making an excellent game and get kicked out. I mean, stuff happens, and people get kicked.

Both ghosts and makers have (read: should have) experience with games anyway, and I don't think the main focus of the competition should be to avoid getting kicked. Obviously it should be a disadvantage to be kicked somehow (for example, you can't get points for voting ghosts off) but it shouldn't be a drastic loss. Ghosts that get kicked off obviously can't get points by not being voted for, but they should still keep their initial points so that if they were really good for like the first 3 weeks they still have a chance.

I dunno, just seems like it should be that way to me.

By the way, this is Poris, just changed my account name. Didn't think it would be so drastic.

I'm just some bloke. Going to go to Pasadena, CA, for four years so if you're over there gimme a shout-out. Will be cool to get to know some people.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »

Can people who are not part of the compo voice their opinions about who is/isn't a ghost?
(or at least do you support it. Not really any way to stop it.)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2010, 08:09:48 PM »

smell: I am... confused. Ghosts... have makers?

Daniel Slash Poris: The compo is all of its elements merged! For ghosts, faking a game and not getting caught at all is the entire point o: This is not... a compo with GHOST/MAKER elements...! Besides, it's not like 'winning' really means anything! This is a tiny ten-person compo where Makers can, if they so choose, vote for and eliminate simply those who they feel might be the biggest competition!

It's about fun and stuff and games and things.

mokesmoe: Not only do I support it, but I support it wholeheartedly.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic