Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:42:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo here's my idea for a game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: So here's my idea for a game  (Read 4465 times)
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:52 AM »

Good questiong. One that I am happy to answer.

Yes, perhaps wrapping wouldn't be such a bad idea. I want the player to think that the world he lives in(the "islands") is the only world there is. That this conflict threatens the entire world. My orriginal design had everything happen on equal islands with equal placing etc. This was there to emphisize more on the actual other players/leaders(The guys leading the other islands). I believe that that could be pulled of, then I would accomplish much more than many other tripple A games have.

The islands should/could be of a variable ammount(sometimes 3 sometimes 4 sometimes 5. Don't know if more would be good). As sombody pointed out(I'm sorry, I'm writing this fast and I can't look you up right now because I'l have to do my writing homework soon(I hate homework)), "It's just a coin toss"...PERFECT! If you had to base the existance of your entire life and your entire WORLD as you know it, on a choice between two. Even better, one is right, the other is wrong. That is a tough nut. If you see two people, you understand that they have different personallities. If you have a group, then you would soon identify the blacksheep.

I soppose that having multiple badguys is an option(in the case of 4/5 islands). The island shape(Not shoure how shape would be applied)/size shouldn't be changable. I would like the islands to have a resource advantage(depending what resource though), instead of a geophisical advantage(Ie, the fact that you have more space to build your house or the fact that that mountain is blocking your straightest path to the enemy etc).

Overall, I would like the game to feel as those epic empre controling games where the player is determining the future, yet he does not know everything yet.  Coffee

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic