Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:45:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTinyfund
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tinyfund  (Read 1709 times)
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »

Surprised no one has posted this here yet. Looks pretty interesting:

http://www.tinyco.com/tinyfund

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Nix
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »

ooh

Edit: too bad it's only for mobile games
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:27:56 PM by Nix » Logged
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:42:16 AM »

iPhone, iPad or Android

..and since Windows phones are more like a bad joke, it would be stupid to support development of games for them.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »

iPhone, iPad or Android

..and since Windows phones are more like a bad joke, it would be stupid to support development of games for them.
Sorry for missing a single word... post deleted for lack of relevancy.

On a possible thread derailment side-note:
As for the windows phone, it came too late to the party to have a large part. I would give them  a few years (5~7) to become something worthwhile. They are only as much of a joke as most companies first time phone is... then again as I sold my soul to Microsoft I may have a bit of a bias here.

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »

No reason to apologise or remove posts. I just pointed out that you missed a word, I didn't mean to be harsh. Smiley

Seeing how Microsoft always has been a deeply immoral company (inheriting the evil IBM empire) I sure hope they won't manage to make a decent phone. But I'm not too worried, really.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »

An intriguing development. As I've been pushing to develop iPhone and iPad games for a while now, I might be eligible for this initiative at some point in the future. I imagine you will have to be able to present a convincing business plan, design documents, and possibly a prototype before you can get any of this particular lettuce. Even an indie-focused fund such as this is probably looking for comfortably safe bets.
synapse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

It's backed by Andreessen-Horowitz.. it's not looking for safe bets, it's looking for a big win.
Nix
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »

Getting into iOS development can be expensive if you don't have a Mac already. I'm kind of tempted to pitch them something random from one of my idea notebooks to see how they respond.
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »

I couldn't find it on the website so does this mean the game will be published by them with revenue sharing and all that? The sites say that they will help with business, marketing and development, which sounds like what publisher promise to do. The only difference I can see right now is that TinyFund pay money while the other publishers don't.

Nix
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »

Email and ask.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic