Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 01:46:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art  (Read 157869 times)
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

I've been watching some playthroughs of Red Earth.
Holy crap are the bosses bizarre and detailed.
Can't find good rips anywhere, probably because they're just so elaborate.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Jetrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2010, 01:50:51 AM »

You mentioned frogatto!  Awesome!  I appreciate that so much (given that I worked my ass off on making it good).  Smiley

Also, stay tuned guys - I'm actually reworking some of the existing art in the upcoming release, which focuses on enhancing the forest section and adding a bunch of sidequests.  This is a preview of what it's looking like in current svn trunk:  (I'll refrain from posting anything else so as not to junk up the thread;  I just kinda cringe at the issues in that previous frogatto screenshot seen 3 pages ago.  We kinda had to ship to avoid Duke Nukem syndrome, even though I was embarrassed by some of the art/gameplay.)

Dude, Gizmonicgamer... that... was awesome.
Thanks.  Smiley
 I-I'll probably get some more shots for Nosferatu sometime soon, I only really showed the first room and it's such a good looking game.

Wow, I almost completely concur with everything you said.

Demon's Crest was really an AMAZING game;  not merely some of the best pixel art I've ever seen, but also an absolutely -fun- game to play; in fact it was pretty much like zelda:LttP, except in platformer form.  The difficulty was just right - enough to be challenging and fun, but not enough to kill your television (which Capcom's other notorious Ghouls 'n' Ghosts game was rightly notorious for).  Demon's crest is probably one of the best games on the SNES; full stop.

This isn't nostalgia speaking, either - I just discovered it this last year, and I was totally blown away.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:09:33 PM by Jetrel » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »

Waku Waku 7 has been absent from this thread long enough.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »

Waku Waku 7 has been absent from this thread long enough.

Oh man, that looks awesome. Is that an arcade game? Is it any fun? Should TIGSource hold a tournament for it?
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »

Waku Waku 7 is a fucking amazing arcade fighting game.  I played it online with my friend almost every day after school for a good couple of months.
JutsBeaumont
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »

Demon's Crest was really an AMAZING game;  not merely some of the best pixel art I've ever seen, but also an absolutely -fun- game to play; in fact it was pretty much like zelda:LttP, except in platformer form.  The difficulty was just right - enough to be challenging and fun, but not enough to kill your television (which Capcom's other notorious Ghouls 'n' Ghosts game was rightly notorious for).  Demon's crest is probably one of the best games on the SNES; full stop.
Same here, although the Link to the Past analogy never really came in for me; I always compared it more to a combination between classic Castlevania and Mega Man X. Although Phalanx' final form is a bit tougher than I would like, although this may be compounded by my laziness and refusal to use air gargoyle to fly upwards when necessary.
pixeltao
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »

About Demon's Crest, its NES predecessor Gargoyles Quest 2 is a true masterpiece visually, and it also shares a similar gameplay. I finished it recently and I enjoyed it a lot.

Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »

Love love LOVE the castle backdrop in that last screenshot.
NES has such an amazing palette, fuck.
RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

Hey Jetrel, just wanted to drop by and mention that I think Frogatto has some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a platformer! Keep up the good work!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »

The Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest games are two of my absolute favorites. I wish there were more.

Jetrel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2010, 01:06:46 AM »

Hey Jetrel, just wanted to drop by and mention that I think Frogatto has some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a platformer! Keep up the good work!
I tell ya, man - you don't know what it means to me to hear that.  Thanks a ton! Coffee 
Kramlack
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2010, 07:54:14 AM »

Turok Evolution (GBA)

A fairly under appreciated game is Turok Evolution for the GameBoy Advance. Admittidly, it's no wonder the game is overlooked considering how utterly shit the console versions were, but comparing the console games to this handheld version would be like comparing dog shit to a diamond. Basically, it's a Contra clone set in the Turok universe, time traveling Indian against dinosaurs and aliens. It's no Metal Slug but it's definitely worth checking out.
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »

More LucasArts love:

See more w/ animated color-cycling

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »

More LucasArts love:

See more w/ animated color-cycling
OMG MY EYES.

Seriously, this is stunningly beautiful <3<3<3 I love you so much for posting this. Kiss

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »

That colour-cycling is unbelievably good. The mind boggles at how they sat down and worked out how to do all those effect with just a bit colour-cycling.

ink.inc
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »

It's too beautiful.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2010, 07:10:18 AM »

No.. words.. should've sent.. a poet...  Tears of Joy  Kiss
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »

Holy crap, the color-changing in the "Seascape" scene is mind-blowing. Just amazing.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »

if the world was made of pixels, that is totally what it would look like. Kiss
Fugsnarf
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

If anything... -everything- showed on that link deserves to be in some kind of pixel art hall of fame.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic