Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 03:17:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPandara_RA's Testing Center - I will test your game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Pandara_RA's Testing Center - I will test your game  (Read 41404 times)
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »

Added playtest of kyoto

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »

Finally got the upload right on Twin reaper It'll be ready at...

Thanks for doing this.  I can tell you definitely liked Possessor more.  However there's still players out there that would like Purger more, if they're more into mindless action and shooting enemies.

I've added 2 more levels to the demo, so players get a better idea of what the later levels are like.

It's a bit too late to change the Purger green levels to have more enemies and be more difficult.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:35:25 AM by Udderdude » Logged
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »

Finally got the upload right on Twin reaper It'll be ready at...

Thanks for doing this.  I can tell you definitely liked Possessor more.  However there's still players out there that would like Purger more, if they're more into mindless action and shooting enemies.

I may add more levels to the demo, so players get a better idea of what the later levels are like.

I think what happened for me was that because I played possessor FIRST I was learning more advanced mechanics, then I took that to the purger playthrough and it felt like a step backwards from the higher level mechanics. Like getting to lvl 20 in something then being transported to lvl 1 again.

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »

Hey Pandara,

Very curious to check out the Kyoto youtube video. Where can I go check it out?

Cheers

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

Hey Pandara,

Very curious to check out the Kyoto youtube video. Where can I go check it out?

Cheers

The main page =P

9. Kyoto -

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »

9. Kyoto -

Pandara, thank you very much for your video feedback. It was very in-depth and provided me great critical feedback. I'm sorry for breaking your ears in the audio bug. But the bug has been fixed and be included in the next release.

Also, the next release will provide a few more cool graphical features and improvements.

Thanks for your time!

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »

9. Kyoto -

Pandara, thank you very much for your video feedback. It was very in-depth and provided me great critical feedback. I'm sorry for breaking your ears in the audio bug. But the bug has been fixed and be included in the next release.

Also, the next release will provide a few more cool graphical features and improvements.

Thanks for your time!

No need to say your sorry! was a good experience regardless of that issue!

PS: I have 34 GIGS of Anticlon on my computer right now, and thats all the footage I'm actually using o.o

This camera recording video in like blue-ray quality o.o I didn't expect that haha!

seigiac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »

PS: I have 34 GIGS of Anticlon on my computer right now, and thats all the footage I'm actually using o.o

This camera recording video in like blue-ray quality o.o I didn't expect that haha!

34 GIGS! that's huge hoho

Thanks for letting us know, we are excited to see the playtest  Grin
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2012, 11:25:21 AM »

34 GIGS! that's huge hoho

Thanks for letting us know, we are excited to see the playtest  Grin

I'll be up today! I actually found something feedback worthy in this turbo polished game I'm super excited! But even then it's not a "big" deal lol.

Been uploading this massive file to youtube for ages now, I went to bed last night and it's it's still not up haha, I found a way to compress the video down. =]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:48:52 PM by Pandara_RA! » Logged

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »

Video is up

seigiac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »

Pandara, you are one seriously awesome tester. It was so weird that you were stating some issues as if you heard our conversations. Especially the level structure. We did have a lot of doubts about the level structure once the lite version was ready. We will do something about it.

The reset data button... thanks for mentioning it. It does actually exists, we used it all the time, there's actually a button to clear data and one to unlock all levels, but we removed both before submitting because of some technical complications. We'll put it on an update soon.

Finally, I would have loved to hear some feedback on the rest of the mechanics and the sound and music, although I am not sure if the video was incomplete because it ended very abruptly.

Thanks a lot, Pandara.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »

Pandara, you are one seriously awesome tester. It was so weird that you were stating some issues as if you heard our conversations. Especially the level structure. We did have a lot of doubts about the level structure once the lite version was ready. We will do something about it.

The reset data button... thanks for mentioning it. It does actually exists, we used it all the time, there's actually a button to clear data and one to unlock all levels, but we removed both before submitting because of some technical complications. We'll put it on an update soon.

Finally, I would have loved to hear some feedback on the rest of the mechanics and the sound and music, although I am not sure if the video was incomplete because it ended very abruptly.

Thanks a lot, Pandara.

Yeah it did end abruptly, this is actually due to how the camera recorded just a  bit of the audio/video transition, I may go back now that I have the camera again and fix that ending. In Terms of audio/puzzle mechanics I tend to focus on things I can actually suggest improvements for (from a pragmatic view). I had no issue with the audio or the puzzle mechanics themselves, but a more direct way of addressing the mechanics/audio would be nice.

EDIT:! I JUST FOUND OUT YOUTUBE YOU CRAZY GUY, this video is actually 47 mins long WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WENT TO SLEEP YOUTUBEEE IT ONLY UPLOADED 27mins of the footage WHHHAT I'm fixing it right now!!! hahah

here is the new upload
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:06:54 PM by Pandara_RA! » Logged

hpcorona
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »

Hi Pandara_RA!

I'm the coder behind Anticlon.

I love you man! I've never saw the pacing as a problem, but i saw your video and you are absolutely right, it was frustrating saw you play it. So, we are going to do something about it.

We made a LOT of playtesting, but towards the final rect of development, we tested a lot the Lite version, and well, it went unbalanced against the full version.

Thank you, you are a very professional guy, i admire your work. I know you don't do this for money, but i will be very happy to pay for your services on alpha versions of our next games.

Oh, and actually, this is our first game. Thanks a lot for the feedback, very valuable.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »

Hi Pandara_RA!

I'm the coder behind Anticlon.

I love you man! I've never saw the pacing as a problem, but i saw your video and you are absolutely right, it was frustrating saw you play it. So, we are going to do something about it.

We made a LOT of playtesting, but towards the final rect of development, we tested a lot the Lite version, and well, it went unbalanced against the full version.

Thank you, you are a very professional guy, i admire your work. I know you don't do this for money, but i will be very happy to pay for your services on alpha versions of our next games.

Oh, and actually, this is our first game. Thanks a lot for the feedback, very valuable.

Wow, you guys are so nice thank you so much! I'll totally test that next game!

seigiac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »

Hey Pandara, thanks again man.

I still would have loved your feedback on the rest of the mechanics but it was an awesome playtest.

hpcorona and I always wanted to make games since we were university peers, but for one thing or the other we never did it up until now and as he said, this is our first game so we still have lots to learn. We'll definitely let you know when our next game is ready to test =)
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

Hey Pandara, thanks again man.

I still would have loved your feedback on the rest of the mechanics but it was an awesome playtest.

hpcorona and I always wanted to make games since we were university peers, but for one thing or the other we never did it up until now and as he said, this is our first game so we still have lots to learn. We'll definitely let you know when our next game is ready to test =)

Oh, when I do the tests it's normally just "whatever happens" so it's a natural reaction to the events rather than something based on points, I mean I'll totally review or give my thoughts on any subject if asked =P, also I typically talk about the negative sides though if something stands out as crazy exceptional I'll mention it as well. Actually just for you I'll go ahead review all the mechanics that I dealt with and how I felt about them.

ljock
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

Hello Panda_RA!! :D

Here's a game we've been developing for some time! Could you please test it? Your feedbacks are always great! And we would love it!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60234831/MrBree.rar

And here's the topic about it!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26082.0

Cheers! =)
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

Can you play-test my game, Super Pixel Man+ I would love some feedback, the game is done, but it hasn't really been tested for bugs much, and I'm open to adding more.  It's awesome that you take the time to play-test peoples games.  More info is on the thread.

THREAD
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26202.0

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »

Off to go test all the games now

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »

Hi Panda!
Wow congrats for the video
I hope you'll get the success on your youtube channel very fast

I have a question, why the sounds on some videos seems low ?
For example the anticlon video test
Too bad , we heard barely things you said

and i was hoping you were a red panda ...
i'm disappointed by your human hands dude.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic