Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411629 Posts in 69392 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 01:31:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249729 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »

The best Mario cover ever:

Kramlack
« Reply #1181 on: November 14, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »

Is Mario going to bash DK's skull in with that hammer?
Jawnsunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

Is Mario going to bash DK's skull in with that hammer?
That's like... a golden Thor hammer. It destroys everything.
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1183 on: November 15, 2011, 05:10:47 AM »

speaking of animal cruelty

would be awesome if nintendo sued their asses for copyright infringement.

Zaphos
« Reply #1184 on: November 15, 2011, 05:28:42 AM »

wouldn't suing them just give peta them more PR attention?  also it's a parody.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: November 15, 2011, 05:36:19 AM »

Everyone's just going to forget in two days

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: November 15, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »

eh true

surprising they haven't picked on the turtle abuse yet though. Also PR attention would be a good thing if it also talked about how they kill > 90% of the animals they take in.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1187 on: November 15, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »

I don't think they're trying to say that Mario games promote animal cruelty. More like they made a funny fan game to say that animal cruelty sucks. (Although they do have a history of doing ridiculous things, but I suspect they've been mostly for publicity.)

And no, Nintendo suing people for making a flash game featuring Mario wouldn't be awesome.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: November 15, 2011, 08:27:28 AM »

Yeah, I don't think any form of legal action is necessary. Hardly anyone takes PETA seriously these days anyway. And its ridiculous publicity stunts like this one that have killed their credibility over the years. This is one of those situations where it really is best to just ignore it.

Personally, I was not aware that tanukis were regularly hunted for their fur. Is that actually true? It's kind of odd that a company like PETA is protesting the killing of animals that are only found in Japan. I didn't think PETA had a presence in Japan. Unless they actually have some sway with the Japanese population, protests elsewhere aren't going to have any influence over tanuki poaching. And I find it very hard to believe that Japanese hunters actually skin tanukis alive. I can't think of a single animal on earth that is easier to skin alive than it is to skin dead. No sane hunter is going to put up with that kind of headache when they could just twist the varmint's neck first.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »

The 3DS version of VVVVVV has been finished and submitted to Nintendo.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

But we haven't even gotten La Mulana yet!
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 20, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »

Man, I really wanted to play La-Mulana for Wii.

Two years ago, I think.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 21, 2011, 04:52:58 AM »

my copy of mario 3d land hasn't arrived yet, checked out the status and it hadn't even been shipped yet. Gah! Cancelled my order now and should get it elsewhere the end of this week. Until then, cave story 3d has arrived today. Man this game is ugly.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 21, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »

Is it worth buying, though? I kind of want to buy it along with Shinobi (which has been getting passable reviews and it's apparently tough as hell).
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02:24 AM »

of course it's worth buying, it's cave story Smiley
In the UK you can't buy cave story on dsi so that may be a better option if available where you are. Despite being all new graphics and engine, it does feel like cave story. If you fancy playing through cave story again, I'd say get it.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 22, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »

Hardcore Gaming 101 thinks Shinobi is "one of the best games in the series, quite excellent".
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: November 22, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »

I`d love the N64 version of Sin and Punishment on 3DS, that would make me buy one.
Improved art but keeping in the original style would be fine (but NO mucking about with the gameplay)

Would be soooo good in 3D - Treasure please do this!
But if you do, don't use the artist that did your bangai-o HD remake, as it was super ugly Sad

DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »

Shinobi looks okay but not anything great, from what I've seen of it so far. Enemy/boss patterns seem fairly simplistic and for all the apparent variety your moveset has there doesn't really seem to be a lot going on at once in the level footage I've watched.

I wouldn't trust HG101's opinion on much regarding action games tbh. Many of their articles I've read amount to Wikipedia-style control summaries with often more focus on the visuals/character designs/version differences than how the game plays (remember that we're still talking about action games here not JRPGs), and they also still seem to think that arcade games are unfair quarter munchers which you're meant to credit feed through (which basically mean they're deriding some of the best games in the 2D action genres.) Great resource for screenshots and game history, though, even if the criticism part is lacking. They say it's on the same league as Contra 4, I think that was supposed to be a compliment but welp. I'm not going to hold the whole continue thing against them for this particular review (though it also makes their claim that it's harder on the hard modes than the older games seem suspect) since it was designed by some random Griptonite guys in Kirkland for a portable system, so given that development scenario it's likely that it really is unfair when played on one continue anyway.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:50:41 PM by DavidCaruso » Logged

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 22, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »

I posted it more because I'm surprised someone considers it "excellent", more than because of any trust for the site. And from other (user) reviews, this guy is apparently wrong in a couple of aspects anyway.

Still, for some reason I really want to play it Durr...? And it's weird because it'd be my first Shinobi game and I don't love the art style.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 24, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »

Guys, go see the new trailers on the eShop for the "upcoming games". Especially the one for Mutant Mudds Kiss I had zero interest in that game, but the 3D is simply perfect. There's also a new trailer for Mighty Switch Force I think (which looks amazing) and for Pushmo. Also, we're getting Adventure Island soon for VC.

But really, go see the Mutant Mudds trailer with 3D on.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic