Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 04:25:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2330397 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: April 26, 2014, 09:24:10 AM »

It's not about popularity it is about crediting the original properly

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17921 on: April 26, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

what's the problem though when it says "Based on 1024 by Veewo Studio and conceptually similar to Threes by Asher Vollmer." right there on the page?

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17922 on: April 26, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

Maybe he's talking about lazy media reporting on the 2048 phenomena without mentioning Threes.

Good luck fighting that though, lazy media reporting is fucking endemic.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: April 26, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »

yeah but credit is like a minnow. not receiving it is like insult added to injury. what the threes devs really want is users.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17924 on: April 26, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »

This is why I don't make games that are easy to make

Making a game that would require months or years of production time to clone makes you feel more protected

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #17925 on: April 26, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »

Well they took 1 years

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17926 on: April 26, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »

Well they took 1 years

Yeah but other people can make clones of it in days or weeks

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17927 on: April 26, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »

Seems like most of that 1 year was spent figuring out just how minimalist to make it.  How minimalist?  Soooooo minimalist.
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17928 on: April 26, 2014, 03:49:52 PM »

Making a game that would require months or years of production time to clone makes you feel more protected
Apparently Threes was still a solid commercial success, though.  If you want to make small games (in terms of production) I don't think the story of Threes should necessarily scare you away ...

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17929 on: April 26, 2014, 04:07:17 PM »

Apparently Threes was still a solid commercial success, though.  If you want to make small games (in terms of production) I don't think the story of Threes should necessarily scare you away ...

Yeah, same goes for flappy bird,
Even though any competent game game developer could recreate it in it's entirety in the space of about 1 day... it still would have made buttloads of dosh before the clones rolled in.

The only real danger is if someone was to clone it before it became a hit... and then the clone becomes a hit instead.
this probably hardly ever happens

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: April 26, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »

there's also the added benefit that the Threes devs know their space now. they can out update the competition. the clones can actually feed them if they keep pushing.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: April 26, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »

The only real danger is if someone was to clone it before it became a hit... and then the clone becomes a hit instead.
this probably hardly ever happens
Vlambeer's Ridiculous Fishing is so close to this situation, but not too close until none of his fans would come out and defend him. And cloner only clone popular game.

also: ET's cartridge found!
and i though AVGN is joking about that story.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: April 26, 2014, 10:11:44 PM »

I just got home from a week-long trip to Denmark. Lots of fun times and a sinus infection was had.

Now,

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: April 26, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10780228/Spanish-village-to-hold-referendum-over-Kill-Jews-name.html

Anti-Semitism: it's like every other form of racism was put in a blender and combined with conspiracy theory nuts.

Think happy thoughts.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17934 on: April 27, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »

Anti-Semitism is so talented it has its' own little name and other racisms are just jealous.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: April 27, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »

antisemitism is actually different from modern (colonially-rooted) racism tho
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »

Racism is racism. It can arise through different situations. But it is still hatred of a race. Defined as "poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race". The situation that gave rise to that has nothing to do with if it counts as racism or not.

Also, if you want to get into "colonial roots". What do you call this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea_(Roman_province)

You are kind of right though that anti-semitism usually has different characteristics than other types of racism. It is a lot more closely related to racism against Romani or Armenians I think. A weird mixture of exiling them so that they have to work in niche fields in order to survive and then resenting them for it.

I am honestly fascinated by Anti-Semitism. I mean I am from Saskatchewan which has huge racial problems. But as many terrible things as I have heard said about Natives, I have never heard anyone accuse them of ending the gold standard, or making bread out of children. Anti-Semitism stands alone in its batshit insanity.

Edit: one more thing about Anti-Semitism (I took a class that went through Jewish history and it is something I really noticed). The Jews are always the exact opposite of what you want to portray yourself as, even if it is a total contradiction. Throughout history people have said the were they force behind communism AND capitalism, they have been cowards and warmongers. They control the liberal media and the far right lobbying. They are the hippies and the bankers.

Don't misunderstand me: there are certainly specific Jewish people involved in the left AND the right. Sometimes in very important positions. But this assumption of being the shadowy control behind every movement is something unique to the Jews
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:12:23 AM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17937 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

"making bread out of children" kind of cast doubts on the "changing the gold standard" part

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »

Don't misunderstand me: there are certainly specific Jewish people involved in the left AND the right. Sometimes in very important positions. But this assumption of being the shadowy control behind every movement is something unique to the Jews.

yup, you get anti-semitism from both the right and the left. i also feel like the left is getting worse about it now that the holocaust is (falsely) considered "ancient history" in some places.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17939 on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

Wow
http://vidmax.com/video/68164-Venezuelan-police-officer-beats-a-female-protester-with-her-helmet

Here for more info
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/02/26/Video-Riot-Police-Officer-Sits-on-Female-Protester-and-Beats-Her-with-Metal-Helmet

I dont know what the female protester did to her but OMG ,we can smell the rage from there

Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic