Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411715 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 02:21:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 907515 times)
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:26 AM »

Serious Sam 3 atm

dota2 finished downloading yesterday, just before i hit the bed, so i start today, yay, no more real life Hand Any Key Hand Any Key

also section 8 waiting to be installed and played

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 29, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »

Just beat Portal! and now doing the advanced maps and Transmission Received Achievements.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »

Serious Sam 3 atm
is it good?
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: November 30, 2011, 04:09:52 AM »

Is anybody else feeling ridiculously underproductive this season? (But like there's a lot to take in, now that games are getting their edge back...)

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/448

"You must glitch to beat this game" by Effbee of Glorious Trainwrecks.

I don't remember why I had this game in my favorites bar, but I finally got around to playing it.

Unlike many Klik and Play titles, this game really feels like a complete thought. The game features 10 distinct levels with different objectives, with new music and backgrounds for each. When you play through you feel like you played a full game from start to finish.

If (like me) you grew up making games with Klik and Play this is manages to be a rare convergence of nostalgia and gameplay in an inseparable fashion. To win you are required to exploit a number of glitches native to KnP. The things that once frustrated you are now your salvation.

If you've never played KnP (Many of you have not, I'm sure) many of the levels will be extremely difficult or even impossible (though hints are available at the linked location). The stages that use wallclimbing glitches are extremely difficult because wallclimbing is just inconsistent.

However, to a KnP aficionado this is a glorious little trip down memory lane that offers up new challenges deliciously topped with memorable glitches. It is worth the 10-20 minutes it will take to beat.

I've also been playing Pushmo, and working on a book of Logic Problems. No more games for me until after Christmas.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »

http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/448

"You must glitch to beat this game" by Effbee of Glorious Trainwrecks.
I can't play this right now but I just to wanted to say the idea is fucking genius.
Ashkin
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »

I'm playing Treasure Adventure Game. It's quite good, pretty close to Cave Story on the 'polished indie games' scale.
Uykered
« Reply #687 on: December 15, 2011, 08:09:32 PM »

Played Rayman Origins a bit, the background graphics are really beautiful (character designs are ugly however), though I gave up cause it was too easy (seemed like it was just the usual boring collectathon).
BoxedLunch
« Reply #688 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »

No More Heroes 2. I like the boss fights and regular levels, but getting cash in this game is bullshit. Especially when you take out the assassin missions that gave you more cash than any side missions did. Yeah, there are revenge missions, but i haven't seen much cash from those yet. The minigames are hit or miss. I really like stuff like the pipe game, coconut game, and insect game, but they get repetitive after a while and they're the only ones that are fun or easy enough to play so far.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: December 16, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »

My friends and I just beat the story mode in Dokapon Kingdom... I didn't think it was possible.
hurpes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: December 16, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »

I'm playing: Bastion, Flotilla, and Dungeon Defenders.
This is why: http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/3-indie-games/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 18, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »

so the 3ds ambassador free GBA games thingy came out the other day and im playing the shit out of metroid fusion.

i'd already forgotten just how GOOD that game is, one of the best in the series imo. i'm particularly loving the atmosphere. not that the other metroid games aren't atmospheric, but none of them has the same paranoid dark sci-fi vibe that fusion has. great graphics and music too.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 18, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »

Arrived home on Thursday and started playing Skyward Sword. I love the battles, atmosphere, collection, upgrades, boss battles and Groose when he arrives you know where. I dislike the linearity of dungeons, in every one, there's like only one door you can go through, and when you unlock a new door to go through, its the only new one available. The only dungeon that was different was where you had to power up 2 generators.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 18, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »

wait for the second batch of dungeon

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 18, 2011, 06:12:52 PM »

In Metroid Fusion, have you ever used the Shinespark to find the secret easter egg? It is worth the effort, if only to say you could pull it off.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: December 18, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

Playing Super Meat Boy (I keep imitating the intro voice saying SUUPEERR MEAT BOYY!! Cheesy), Jamestown: Legend Of The Lost Colony (in Divine difficult) and Sanctum.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 19, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »

wait for the second batch of dungeon

I was already at the last boss when I posted that Tongue

I was in a rush to type that paragraph so I'll give my full comments in the Skyward Sword thread
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 19, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

Lately it's been Serious Sam 3: BFE, on Hard sans quicksaves, and christ this is a really good game. I'm only six levels in (a little less than halfway through) so far but I'm ready to declare this the best singleplayer FPS campaign since Crysis, and the best of this year. I'm guessing the game has even more awesome stuff ahead so my opinion of it might rise even higher.

Moreso than the previous Encounters, this game has Legit Level Design. You have the regular big open field fights that Sam is known for, sure but you also have tight city streets and highways, grids of apartment complexes, and even some tense corridor sections. Tons of cleverly placed destructible cover, multiple entry and exit points to every area, chokepoints, etc. The game starts off pretty slowly, and the first two stages are unfortunately pretty lame (also probably why the game got bad reviews) especially in comparison to what comes later, but by the mosque in stage 3 shit starts to ramp up pretty fast and (to the point where I am in stage 6, at least) it's a steady increase in quality from there.

The enemy and encounter design is great. In the beginning of the game the total number of enemy types is fairly low, but they manage to mix it up enough that you can't just win easily using one strategy, and the new enemies they introduce are just as fun to fight as the old ones they keep. It's an extremely fast-paced game where you're always moving and keeping track of a bunch of constantly changing variables, and the new features (melee, bullet dust, reloading, and HDR effects, among others) only serve to help emphasize this, especially if you're playing on awesome autosave-only mode (note that checkpoints, health, and ammo are rationed perfectly to account for this.) Combined with the gigantic leap in map design, I'd say the encounters are way better than the first game. It's not "mindless shooting" by any means, especially when compared to most FPS campaigns which have come out in the past 5+ years. I mean, if SS3 is "braindead," what the hell is Modern Warfare 3 supposed to be, a lobotomized chimp which miraculously survived an abortion but was tragically left to die in a permanent coma?

The graphics and sound are gorgeous. There's a ridiculous amount of PC-specific customization, and to appease Gilbert the game has color settings so he can crank up the saturation to fucking 200% or something and ta-da all the BROWWWWNNN is gone. Personally, I just took the Vivid color setting and slightly reduced saturation, and it looks great. The music is also memorable, though I kind of wish they would have made more unique themes. Even the short cutscenes which play in-between levels and the "bestiary" which appears when you click the middle mouse button are great touches.

Also, it's totally indie! Made by a team of like 20 Croatian virtuosos who started out as garage coders, and you won't be able to watch

and then come back and tell me with a straight face that the devs had evil Devolver Digital publisher hitmen breathing down their neck. Or look at Fork Parker's Twitter for that matter, the dude is awesome.

So yeah, this is art and it's what Duke Nukem Forever should have been. Buy it if you like good videogames. I'm kind of keeping the specifics low in this post because this is a game which thrives on suspense and sudden "oh shit" moments and I don't want to ruin those for anybody, but hopefully I wasn't being too vague in my gushing praise here. God damn I can't wait to get back home and play some more.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:56:15 AM by DavidCaruso » Logged

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 19, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »

ive seen a couple gameplay vids of ss3 (from both the earlier and the later levels) and the number of enemies seems kinda small for a serious sam game. the cool thing about sam was getting swarmed from all sides by aliens (preferably in co-op). it looks more like a standard modern xbawks shooter to me than the previous games. at least it doesn't seem to pull any regen health and limited inventory bullshit.

i've been hearing it's good from a lot of people though so i might check it out once i get a pc fast enough to run it.
Shrug
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 19, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »

Which levels did you see? Like I said the game's kind of underwhelming for the first few stages (up until the latter half of stage 3, I think.) I don't think someone could play to, say, the stage 5 boss and say there aren't more than enough enemies there, though.

That being said there's one legitimate complaint in that it's a bit too easy to give yourself more space by sprinting. It's not something that will work in all scenarios, though, and a lot of enemies are dangerous enough to still hit you even when you're doing this so it's not like you just sprint back and you're free to go. It mostly helps when you have a bunch of Beheaded Bombers swarming you from only a few directions.

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic