Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 04:25:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Discount Dangers: Tales of Half-Priced Heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Discount Dangers: Tales of Half-Priced Heroes  (Read 5114 times)
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

Thanks!

Added an automap so dungeons are easier to navigate and fixed a dumb bug in the desktop version. It's back up and you can check it out here:

Desktop: http://aarondgordon.com/amt/discountdanger.jar
Android: http://aarondgordon.com/amt/discountdanger.apk

Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

Ok here is a dumb question; how do i get the game to run? :I
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »

I forgot to mention, you need Java installed. Once you've installed it you should be able to just doubleclick the jar file, at least on Windows. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll look into it more.

tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »

Your code is very good and highly legible, I also like how you made almost everything scriptable with XML! Hand Clap Smiley

How did you see his code?  Did you decompile the jar?

AMT: Is this a one man team?

captain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »

I got an Exception:  Who, Me?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.glutils.ShaderProgram.loadShader(ShaderProgram.java:194)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.glutils.ShaderProgram.compileShaders(ShaderProgram.java:173)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.glutils.ShaderProgram.<init>(ShaderProgram.java:156)
        at noise.game.rpg.engine.EncounterDescription.<init>(EncounterDescription.java:33)
        at noise.game.rpg.engine.RPGDatabase.buildEncounter(RPGDatabase.java:533)
        at noise.game.rpg.engine.RPGDatabase.buildEncounterDatabase(RPGDatabase.java:284)
        at noise.game.rpg.engine.RPGDatabase.initialize(RPGDatabase.java:96)
        at noise.game.rpg.Game.create(Game.java:42)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:127)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:110)
Failed to load Status database.
Loaded 138 skills, 16 units.
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeExcepti
on: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:113)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at noise.game.rpg.Game.create(Game.java:45)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:127)
      at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:110)

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

Your code is very good and highly legible, I also like how you made almost everything scriptable with XML! Hand Clap Smiley

How did you see his code?  Did you decompile the jar?

AMT: Is this a one man team?

I guess he was just looking at the class hierarchy? No clue. Yup, it's just me. I have a friend who's helping with ideas / writing but that's it.

I got an Exception:  Who, Me?

java.lang.NullPointerException

Whoops! Pretty sure I fixed it, give it another shot. Also fixed an Android crash and updated the boss background, feelin' pretty Earthboundish:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:24:09 PM by AMT » Logged

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »

Working on some class / skill designs. Here are two previews:

Bard
    Jammin'
        -Just go with the flow to give an ally up to two random buffs.
    Battle Rap
        -Your funky-fresh freestyle rips up to two random debuffs into an opponent.
    Campfire Chorus
        -Gather round, sing Kumbaya, and restore HP to the team over three turns.
    Shredding Solo
        -Crank it up to 11 with a drastic boost to an ally's offense.
    Breakup Ballad
        -You're totally over it and they're going to know. 50% chance of death on each enemy.

Drunk
    Lotsa Haymakers
        -Not really a viable strategy in a fight, but you're not a typical fighter. Strike 1-3 enemies.
    Hidden Flask
        -Top up to stay in the fight. Small HP recovery and short buff to offense.
    Drunken Rage
        -That guy's your sworn enemy now, take him down. Moderate Smash damage to user and target.
    Gettin' Pissed:
        -You can't exactly remember what set you off, but you're pissed now. Offense up, accuracy down.
    Stumble That-A-Way
        -You're not even IN this fight and you're taking punches. Take damage in an ally’s place.
    Improvised Weaponry
        -Bar stools, broken bottles, rusty display swords, you name it, you've hit someone with it.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »

Add a hungover passive debuff to the drunk
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »

I haven't posted any progress in a while. Gif dump? Gif dump, starring the Bard, Action Hero, and Gambler classes.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

Implementing more skills, I'm just going to post gifs of the skills I particularly like as I go.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »

I’m going to be doing the pixel art for Discount Dangers. Here are a few enemies; A redone Hobulk, Mutant Turtle, and Cute Little Mouse. I’m excited to move away from placeholders, even if its being replaced by programmer art. I think I can make it work.

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »

Oh, I know those placeholders...
Stone Soup!  Kiss
Hydra tipped me over for it killed me many times.
And 0.15 just released too!

Otherwise digging this game.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »

Here's an in-battle shot with those sprites. My first attempt at a full battle scene with my own assets, so hey.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 07:55:29 PM »

Dungeon stuff, progress is still being made. Lots of behind the scenes stuff so not a lot to show, but I'm working on tilesets now too.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »

Gettin' juicy with these tweens. Next up, gamepad support. Scratch what I said about doing the sprites myself, by the way. I've got an artist onboard working on enemy designs. I'm excited to share his work when it's ready, it brings a ton more personality into the game.

Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

This looks really sleek. Love it!

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »

More tweening! Brought the UI changes over to the story state. Getting closer to a final interface here. I need to change out these backgrounds soon, they’re getting stale to test with.

FuzzySlippers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »

You're killing it with the classes. The booze related class makes me think we should popularize the term Party Crawler for group based dungeon crawler.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »

I'm all for that.

Generating dungeons, with style.

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »

lord that's hypnotic, that has to be the most (or only) aesthetically pleasing dungeon generation procedure I've ever seen. The game looks great.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic