Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 03:36:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC 2011 - Get Togethers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: GDC 2011 - Get Togethers  (Read 46964 times)
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »

Flying in on the Saturday,

You'll need a bigger falcon.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Kayla
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:41 AM »

Hi,

Yes, looking forward to meeting up Smiley oh, and here i am with a falcon. Flying in on the Saturday, any chance for a meetup pre-gdc on the weekend? foods? beers?

I'll be arriving Saturday around 5. Will probably head to Noisebridge once I get my stuff dropped off. Maybe I'll see others there?
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 08:48:52 AM »

I'd be up for Saturday meetups too.  I'll probably drag Beau along.  :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:41:20 PM by Cellulose » Logged

Yshaana
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »

We will be there from Friday 25th to Friday the 4th with the whole team, cn't wait to see you guys Smiley

ExciteMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »

Arriving Saturday night, leaving laaaate on the 6th.

(I'm the one on the left)

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »

Super pumped to be going to GDC. First time going, and I'm really excited to be meeting people Grin Also excited to see what people think of the Winnitron once it's there, since we're bringing it with us.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »

I'm the one in the gray and black sweatshirt.

dvgmusic
Level 0

I make music that makes you feel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »

Expo Pass purchased!  This will be my first GDC, I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and hanging out.  I've been lurking here a while and gradually cutting out other things to make time to start posting on here more.  Beer!

I get into town Feb 25th and I'll be leaving Mar 5th so I'm going to try to hit up as much as possible.  stokedstokedstoked

edit: What exactly does the Expo pass let me in to?  It seems really vague on the GDC website.  Will it only let me in wednesday-friday or can I hang out on the floor on monday/tuesday?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:09:37 AM by thedavidcarney » Logged

PTibz
Level 0

Business Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:14 AM »

The Expo pass will let you into the Expo hall and the IGF/GDC Awards. There are also usually some free sponsored talks to go to.

Octodad!
President/Community Manager at Young Horses
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »

Expo Pass purchased!  This will be my first GDC, I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and hanging out.  I've been lurking here a while and gradually cutting out other things to make time to start posting on here more.  Beer!

I get into town Feb 25th and I'll be leaving Mar 5th so I'm going to try to hit up as much as possible.  stokedstokedstoked

edit: What exactly does the Expo pass let me in to?  It seems really vague on the GDC website.  Will it only let me in wednesday-friday or can I hang out on the floor on monday/tuesday?

There is no real 'floor' on Monday/Tuesday, so you won't be able to do anything until Wednesday I Think. But there are still many cool parties and networking events to make it to. I'm also arriving on the 25th and looking forward to the extra breathing room instead of hitting the ground running by arriving Monday heh.

ChevyRay
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2011, 11:07:02 PM »

Winnipeg's own video master Kert Gartner has put together a trailer for the WINNITRON 1000 at GDC, which will be found at BOOTH 1137! Several indie game developers will be presenting games on it, as well as myself Smiley BE THERE! Play some versus games with us!

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2011, 05:26:25 PM »

Major kink in my GDC plans.

I have been plundered of my laptop which makes purchasing a summit pass quite difficult if I purchase another computer, or if I purchase a summit pass, getting a new laptop will be difficult.

(Friends apartment got broken into when we went out and I left my bag at his place  Sad )

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »

I have been plundered of my laptop which makes purchasing a summit pass quite difficult if I purchase another computer, or if I purchase a summit pass, getting a new laptop will be difficult.

(Friends apartment got broken into when we went out and I left my bag at his place  Sad )

D:  SVN have?

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »

D:  SVN have?

of course of course.

My development hasn't taken a hit, unless someone releases the source code or something.

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »

Aw.  *hugs*
You might be able to scrounge a pass off someone if you're lucky.  I just got rid of my spare summit pass yesterday, otherwise I'd offer it - sorry!
I just saw this guy's post: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=18043.0 - he's offering passes in exchange for lots of work; might be a solution?
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:28 PM »

Hecker's game is super cool, so it could be fun.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 12:05:13 PM »

Me and a friend will be in SF from friday afternoon this week. I just wanted to hear if anyone in SF had any fun planned for the weekend?

(OHMYGOD I REALLY NEED TO PACK, BUT I MUST MAKE TOYS ULTRA PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD  Screamy)
Auratus
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »

Me and a friend will be in SF from friday afternoon this week. I just wanted to hear if anyone in SF had any fun planned for the weekend?

(OHMYGOD I REALLY NEED TO PACK, BUT I MUST MAKE TOYS ULTRA PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD  Screamy)

The only (non-gdc) activity I have planned so far is a visit to Alcatraz (yes, I'm going to do all the Ultra-Touristy things!). Me and a friend will be going there on Saturday, so tag along if you want to Smiley
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »

I propose an official twitter hashtag for organizing activities. #tigdc maybe?

ChevyRay
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »

I'm going to Disneyland with 3 other indies afterwards, I suppose that counts as extracurricular Who, Me?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic