Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 04:48:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Why should I be so serious >:D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Why should I be so serious >:D  (Read 38483 times)
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2009, 03:54:34 AM »

The assets look great! Who cares about attitude, half the artists are eccentrics anyway. Van Gogh wouldn't even get past the manbaby post, judging from the reactions here  :D
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 04:16:44 AM »

Eh, I wasn't asking for the model for myself, just curious.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 07:17:28 AM »

Wasn't Van Gogh clinically insane? Or maybe he had chronic depression, I forgot which.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2009, 07:27:09 AM »

Either way, he made some awesome art that developers nowadays would kill for. The Scream, anyone?
jamestillman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:02 AM »

Either way, he made some awesome art that developers nowadays would kill for. The Scream, anyone?

That was Ed Munch!  Van Gogh did Starry Night.  You can see his influence in the swirly skies in the backgrounds of Curse Of Monkey Island and Psychonauts. Well, hello there!
JorgeBoscan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »

Wyvern, nice.. those samples sounds between snes style and more modern samples. Nice tracks too. What library are you using?

Harmony, is essencial.
NotWorthy
Level 0

W/e doesn't kill you; simply makes you....STRANGER

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009, 05:51:04 AM »

The assets look great! Who cares about attitude, half the artists are eccentrics anyway. Van Gogh wouldn't even get past the manbaby post, judging from the reactions here  :D

o_O the hell "using Van Gogh in my thread? Seems like a complement but a totally wrong one - I'm like 1/2 as fucked up as V.G. but only as 1/100 talented and that's a bloated 0.01 Tongue. (also not meaning art - cause I suck at hand drawn/painted art - creativeness in general).
But I do agree with the general rule that the more fucked up a art person is - the more likely it is for him to be a genius at his profession.

Except for Pollock - "he was a drinker and a fiend" - and going on a ladder to just do some god damn brush splattering is just pathetic and ridiculous. Only reason I think he got to be called an "original" and a precedented artist is that every one else before him considered the idea and concept of such painting creations to be dumb and pointless. People often defend the Pollock grom the Pollock-bashers (like me) that he used perfect choices of colors
(but that's just possessing good "color sense" which 40% people in the world have)
and perfect stroke weight and angle (but thats just a sense of balance between area filling - like placing a stroke there "cause it seems like something is missing" and again I think like 50% of people posses that ability).
SO summing up - In my honest opinion Pollock's fame is just a fluke based on the fact he was the only guy crazy enough to think splattering paint from a ladder is a good idea. Or People just faked liking his paintings out of pity and that went too far and now they're worth like 500.000 a piece.

But back to Van Gogh - again - i agree with the unspoken rule. Makes You wonder how really fucked up Leonardo da Vinci, the Sistine Chapel guys, Tesla, Pablo Picasso and Claude Monet really had to be. I'm assuming that the ones that weren't labeled by history as being fucked up either tried really hard not to seem as such. Or their social contacts/interactions were on a child like level and were like savants. Retards with the amazing knack in their area of expertize. Perhaps we, don't know the whole story as usual - perhaps the ones writing history sparred the inconvenient truth about them to preserve the notion you don't have to be fucked up to be good at something, hehe.

A'propo The - nazi model is going sweet so far - started out with the head - looks almost perfect - as "humanless" as in the movie Smiley gonna give less detail to his body but will still keep it nice and smooth, hope I get the "bones" right - so that the animation look good - and not like he's dislocating his knee every time he crouches (cause that does tend to happen until you fine tune it just right)

So again - thx for the complement Mipey - assuming it was supposed to be one Tongue

And hey, Broom - Can you enlighten me about one thing I never understood about the American culture? WHY the HELL is Bill short for William!? like like B == W wthell how could that make sense, even with the people of the colonization times - like seriously - who came up with that!? o_O

Anyway Cheers

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
Wyv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2009, 06:30:20 AM »

Hey, thanks a lot for the nice comments. Smiley

JorgeBoscan: I'm using Reason 4.0 for everything. I have a small number of external refills, but the sounds you're hearing in these tracks are all from the soundbanks that Reason is shipped with.
Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »

I like your avatar.
Wyv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2009, 08:08:28 AM »

Haha, figures. Smiley It's part of something much bigger I've drawn, but that's unfortunately for something else already. Wink
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2009, 08:27:18 AM »

I like your avatar.
I smell a suck up - Wyv's pixel art is pretty good - but that black background, cropped and badly chosen dark colors for the animul is a poor excuse for a avatar that is supposed to actually present Wyv's actual potential in terms of music.

If You gotta suck someone's ass at least make sure your staying to the part of the anus responsible for the awesomeness - in this case Wyv's amazing digital music.

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
MaloEspada
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »

What is this kid doing in TIG? Ok, we have some younger members but they actually are somewhat mature. Here we have an anomaly -an adult or something like that- that acts like a stupid attention whore. Therefore I second falsion's statements.

It's ok to have a super retard but this NotWorthy guy is not even half as funny as super joe was.

Kid, do you think swearing and showing yourself off is good? Okay, why don't you go to 4chan or someplace that suits you better, uh?
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »

What is this kid doing in TIG? Ok, we have some younger members but they actually are somewhat mature. Here we have an anomaly -an adult or something like that- that acts like a stupid attention whore. Therefore I second falsion's statements.

It's ok to have a super retard but this NotWorthy guy is not even half as funny as super joe was.

Kid, do you think swearing and showing yourself off is good? Okay, why don't you go to 4chan or someplace that suits you better, uh?

Lol, "another one rides the bus" of pathetic'nes. You probably didn't read the whole thread, because if you did you'd know we've been 'there' time and times before, but you did waste enough time to read my replies to know the kind of persona I'm playing here and wasted enough time to think of a "clever"  in you own head way of insulting me by calling me a kid or brat. Very productive use of your time I must say.

Firstly all of the people that treat TiG like some holy grail of peace are pathetic - tig is tig - just another forum - and its about games and the best programmers and artists are fuck'ups. Just look at Jhonen Vasquez, Edmund - or Pixel that obviously is a shy antisocial person that for the longest time was even scared to reveal his name despite all the fame and attention.

So if you want a forum about people that can only converse politely about games while acting all cutsy and huggable while not actually possessing any practical experience in the field - then go right ahead and boot all us "retards".

Secondly - 85% of people on the internet don't know what 4chan is and what it stands for. Makes me think you have some special bond with that place. I once knew what 4chan was, but then I grew up and stopped caring because I started reaching out towards reallife more - quite worth it I must admit - you should try it - because my theory about you is - you have no other life than the one in front of your monitor and the school or w/e u go to. 4chan is ur dark place when your in the mood for begin ze "hardcore" and then u come here on tig which is your equivalent of interacting with normal people, acting normal, fitting in, and drinking tea while having the lil pinky extended - sad.

I could sound all mature, experienced and formal, and use wording that would cause your brain to dissolve unless you would be able to make use of a dictionary every 2 minutes, but this manipulation tactic is much more fun. Writing the exact phrases and combinations of obscenities and provocation to then know exactly what you reaction will be - making way to the quote/reply button to with great emotion try to retort my perceived ignorance and general lack of intellect and make it sound wittier and more accurate then the guy that did that before you already. You are like a group of faithful mutts rushing to get to their master first to show who's the alpha-dog in front of other mutts.

I like seeing the "mutts" struggle and trip over each other thus I preset my wording as I do Smiley

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »

Firstly all of the people that treat TiG like some holy grail of peace are pathetic

Nobody's trying to treat this forum like it's some kind of perfect special rainbow factory, they're just asking normal human beings to be vaguely polite to each other.

You, on the other hand, are acting like a dick - and from everything you say, you're doing it on purpose, to antagonise. It's called 'trolling', and you're not special just because you're doing it in a vaguely self-aware manner; you're just more of a dick.

It's pretty normal for normal human beings to expect each other to be polite and ask people who are behaving like dicks to either change or leave. If you were in my house I'd have kicked you out onto the street by now (or called the police). It's also entirely possible to be good at stuff without being rude to people, it's not an excuse in the least. If missing out on your precious special genius is the price we pay for not having to listen to your drivel, it's a fine price by me. And apparently by several other people in the thread. Go and bless some other bunch of people with your wonderous presence, see how long they tolerate you.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2009, 12:21:38 PM »

He agreed to stick to this thread, and if he posts like this outside of it he'll be rebanned. I'd suggest avoiding this thread if you're bothered.

I'm not a fan myself but Derek usually knows what he's doing.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

Excuuuuuuuuuuusse me pwincessss but

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »

Re my name: I don't know how they get 'Bill' from 'Will', any more than they get 'Bob' from 'Rob' or 'Bess' from 'Beth'. The English language is a strange thing.

Oh, and I'm not American.

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2009, 03:02:24 PM »

I like your avatar.
I smell a suck up - Wyv's pixel art is pretty good - but that black background, cropped and badly chosen dark colors for the animul is a poor excuse for a avatar that is supposed to actually present Wyv's actual potential in terms of music.

If You gotta suck someone's ass at least make sure your staying to the part of the anus responsible for the awesomeness - in this case Wyv's amazing digital music.

What kind of a world do we live in where one cannot admire another's goat without calling the undue attention of antagonistic man-children? You truely make me sad.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »

For we are the men who stare at goats.

No goats. No glory.

Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »

Notice the avatars are goats. It is goat talk, you know, mating call. "I see a fellow goat. We must therefore procreate."

I do not think it was intended as much of a compliment of the avatar as a mere nod to fellow goat avatar.

Goats. Yep.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic