Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:36:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZombie Night Terror
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Zombie Night Terror  (Read 30352 times)
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »

Best minimalistic pixel art zombie ever :D

slhomme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2014, 10:13:43 PM »

The pixel art and animations are just amazing... so much potential for an awesome game, can't wait to try it out.

PlagueCarrier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2014, 05:56:52 AM »

This look amazing! great work, love the zombie movie references! i am a horror lover myself!
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »

Looks amazing so far, just one complaint about the title. To me, it seems you just picked three words and threw them together without considering meaning. Right now Zombie Night Terror comes off more as:
ZOMBIE
NIGHT
TERROR
Like the words are just being shouted at me as some kind of base description. It tells me your game is about those 3 words, I just think they could be put together better. Like "The Terror of Zombie Night"? I don't know.
It just doesn't seem like a creative title that would sell me on such a good looking game.
Thanks a lot
we tried a lot of titles. Many were already taken or does not truly represent the game.
Some exemples of the most stupid that we found : "It cames from Fukushima", "Canibalistic Undead Mutants : C.U.M", 8-bit Death Fest, etc. etc..
The idea of zombie night fever came, but we have no reference to disco or something like that in the game, so we turn it to zombie night terror.
Then I asked a british friend, does it work ? he said yes, why not.
It was validated.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:09:16 PM by IGorGe » Logged
matriax
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2014, 10:23:06 AM »

Love it! The animations are simple great! I can't wait to play :D
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »

This looks awesome!

azdak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »

Looks amazing so far, just one complaint about the title. To me, it seems you just picked three words and threw them together without considering meaning. Right now Zombie Night Terror comes off more as:
ZOMBIE
NIGHT
TERROR
Like the words are just being shouted at me as some kind of base description. It tells me your game is about those 3 words, I just think they could be put together better. Like "The Terror of Zombie Night"? I don't know.
It just doesn't seem like a creative title that would sell me on such a good looking game.
Thanks a lot
we tried a lot of titles. Many were already taken or does not truly represent the game.
Some exemples of the most stupid that we found : "It cames from Fukushima", "Canibalistic Undead Mutants : C.U.M", 8-bit Death Fest, etc. etc..
The idea of zombie night fever came, but we have no reference to disco or something like that in the game, so we turn it to zombie night terror.
Then I asked a british friend, does it work ? he said yes, why not.
It was validated.

FWIW, I don't get where the OP is coming from, at all- I think the name 100% works and makes sense in the 80s zombie-movie context. And I can't wait for this game- looking fantastic.
xfry
Level 0

JavaScripter, C# Developer, The world is realy 2D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »

The game look awesome i want to play it now! Hand Joystick

Success is not the end of your goals ... Be the beginning of your triumph
Fauxfox
Level 0

Never knows best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »

Wow! totally, Style is fantastic. Looks so good.

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »

how have i never noticed this before?
the animations are amazing, i also love the backgrounds... jesus christ how do you people do this
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 06:40:00 AM »

I present you the blocker mutation.
xfry
Level 0

JavaScripter, C# Developer, The world is realy 2D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »

What sort of tools are you using to create the animations? how is the process? Your game is amazing and the use of animations is incredible.  Hand Money Left

Success is not the end of your goals ... Be the beginning of your triumph
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »

What sort of tools are you using to create the animations? how is the process? Your game is amazing and the use of animations is incredible.  Hand Money Left

Thank you very much !
I use a small software called Pro-motion to create the animation, this is a soft dedicated to pixel art . I use it for the time when i was doing "gameboyadvance" games.
Sorry i don't have videos about how i process, but everytime, I make a quick sketch of the whole animation with each frame, and when i'm satisfied with the tempo , the movements etc.. i clean it up. i really try to focused on the fluidity of the animation, having natural movements and I do not hesitate to have a lot of frames to get it.
The sprites are so small that we can have as many frames as we wish in the game.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 01:15:30 AM »

Why does he turn into a giant cock and balls?

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 07:48:47 AM »

'Cause it's a Cock Blocker, obviously.
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

yeah alright , it looks a little bit like that .
The name is no more blocker, but overlord by the way. It could give some kind of orders to the horde. It's not just a direction indicator.
the first trial was just a normal zombie, indicating a direction with his arm to show the way, but the overlord is an important mutation which prevents definitely the zombie to walk.
So i had to find a design wich looks anchored into the ground.
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »

I've been doing a lot of frame by frame animation for our game, and I wanted you to know that I come back to your gifs for inspiration at least once a day. Amazing work, dude.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2015, 09:51:22 PM »

Animation is SO smooth!  Hand Money Right

IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2015, 01:38:32 AM »

I've been doing a lot of frame by frame animation for our game, and I wanted you to know that I come back to your gifs for inspiration at least once a day. Amazing work, dude.
Thank you so much dude !
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:13 AM »

No worries!
It'd be awesome if you recorded a process video of how you make these animations, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one excited to watch something like that  Gomez

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic