Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:52:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativePokemon Spirit Chronicles Fangame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Spirit Chronicles Fangame  (Read 46795 times)
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

If this makes it past the honeymoon phase I'm going to download the hell out of this.
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »

With the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, let's have a GSC-related update!

Introducing to you Silver, the mysterious and ever-so-slightly brooding rival of the Johto region. He's a thief like Blue, but his motives and... unique sense of dress make it look a little less glamorous. He steals an important item from Professor Elm, and the poor guy needs it back pretty badly. Elm's a little reluctant to specify just what was stolen, though. Maybe it would be a good idea to put a stop to things before something unpleasant happens.
obscure
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

Just... pray the Gods of Nintendo are as benevolent as their public image is.

Benevolent? Nintendo's public image is that they shut down any games that infringe their IP. If your game is successful and gets noticed then Nintendo will shut you down. Obviously if your game is bad and flops then they may not hear about it and they won't come after you. Kinda sucks having to hope your game is a flop.

Dan Marchant
Gamekeeper turned poacher
JDude151
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 08:38:52 PM »

Benevolent? Nintendo's public image is that they shut down any games that infringe their IP. If your game is successful and gets noticed then Nintendo will shut you down. Obviously if your game is bad and flops then they may not hear about it and they won't come after you. Kinda sucks having to hope your game is a flop.

Since when is that Nintendo's image?
I've never heard anything about Nintendo shutting down any fangames.
There's numerous Mario and Pokemon romhacks and original games, a handful of Pokemon MMO's, the 2D remakes of OoT and Metroid Prime, the translation of Mother 3...
None of which I've heard anything about being stopped because of Nintendo.

Square-Enix is the company that shuts down any unofficial project using their IP.

If we're not making money off it (and we don't plan to), then Nintendo's track record indicates that they won't care.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »

Just... pray the Gods of Nintendo are as benevolent as their public image is.

I've never seen Nintendo shut down a free fan game.
JDude151
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 04:14:25 PM »

For your listening pleasure, a sample of music we've done for our game.

Most of it's been on the blog, if you've been keeping up with it, but most of the songs have been revamped a bit. So, even if you downloaded the songs from our blog, it's worth it to download them again here to get a slightly better version.

Pallet Town

Route 1

Viridian Forest

Welcome to the World of Pokemon

We hope you enjoy them.
Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

I've never seen Nintendo shut down a free fan game.

I have, but then again that was in the same dream I was flying a dirigible in space and later swam with mini-pikachus. Huh?

Very nice so far, I dig the music. Smiley I've always had a soft-spot in my heart for pokemans.

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
JDude151
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

A long-overdue update with plenty of new stuff!

All this and more for viewing on our dA group page.

Victory Road

Also a bit of spritework done by our group.

Also, another sample on the music side of things.

Lavender Town

Lastly, we're down to one programmer now, and he's decided to switch from Game Maker to C++, so if you'd like to throw in your application and join our team, we'll gladly accept.

If you're not a programmer but you still want to join, go right ahead. More help is always welcome in all departments.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

It's amazing how immediately recognizable these things are.

...I would like a Cruel Mask.
godsavant
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »

Forget HeartGold and SoulSilver, this is the future of Pokemon.  Kiss

Glad to see this project is still alive and well.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »

This is so awesome, i was wondering what was happening to you guys. Glad to see the project still going.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 05:57:16 AM »

This is looking really awesome. I expect to see cosplayers wearing these outfits one day!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 08:44:57 AM »

Impressive!

Pokemon is also becoming fast the most remade game since mario in term of art, also catching his big bros. in term of sales for entire series.  Crazy

Vatina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »

Awesome. I like the Fox shirt a lot.

Like others I read the title and thought this would most likely go nowere... and then my next reaction was that you should focus on original IP.

But after reading more and seeing pictures, I'm pretty much dying to play this myself. And I can see why you are wanting to make this a fangame. Ah, if only doing that wasn't such a disheartening thing.

Good luck with it! It would be great to see it finished :D
(In my opinion, pokemon needs more good doujin games... Tongue)
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »

will each weapon and armor be able to get attacks themselves, like as separate abilities? so like that gyrados spear allowing whoever uses it to gain the ability to use fire blast?(i say fire blast because my red gyrados has it(i named him baron because i could(i give them all dumb names))

JDude151
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »

will each weapon and armor be able to get attacks themselves, like as separate abilities? so like that gyrados spear allowing whoever uses it to gain the ability to use fire blast?(i say fire blast because my red gyrados has it(i named him baron because i could(i give them all dumb names))
As you battle foes with your Pokequipment, it will gain experience and levels as in the normal games. As they gain levels, they'll gain new attacks just like they would in the normal games, and then your party members will be able to use those attacks in battle. Some attacks won't always be usable by every type of equipment (For example, a Steelix greatsword wouldn't be able to use Iron Defense).

Our equivalent of TMs will be in the game as well. HM's have been replaced in favor of special items that allow you to do what you'd normally do in game (i.e., cut down trees, surf across water, etc.). Said items will be able to teach their respective moves to your Pokequipment too if you're so inclined.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »

Basically a multiple jobs system?

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »

This sounds interesting, but a bit less interesting since the Pokemon IP is just kind of tossed in there for no reason.

But it's your guys game, run with it.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 05:59:57 PM »

i cant wait to buy some bidoof gear at the discount import store.

JDude151
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »

Basically a multiple jobs system?

Eh, not really. Each character will have certain weapon types that they'll perform better with, but you can essentially (and with the right equips) teach any character anything and have them equip whatever you'd like them to equip.

This sounds interesting, but a bit less interesting since the Pokemon IP is just kind of tossed in there for no reason.

But it's your guys game, run with it.

On the contrary, Pokemon has been part of the entire concept since day 1. It's a major part of pretty much every aspect of the game.

We have gotten similar comments before, that we could really take this places if it weren't Pokemon, but it's been a Pokemon game since its conception, and we'd like to keep it that way. Not to mention that some of the staff would likely leave if we started changing everything about the game over a year and a half since we started it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic