Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 10:52:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425928 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »

there's also the association of shareware professionals: http://www.asp-shareware.org/

Stegersaurus
Level 2

Crazy robots...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »

It's a shame that langdell has no twitter

"Tim Langdell is suing the shit out of some unsuspecting smalltime developers. We're eating good tonight!"

He does have a twitter account, I found it a few days ago...

http://twitter.com/tweetingedge

http://www.stegersaurus.com - Yet another blog about games
Mega Monster Mania - Procedural, fast paced dungeon running
Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »

But it is very interesting, and very relevant news that involves an award-winning indie game, countless other well-known games including Soulcalibur and Mirror's Edge, Edge Magazine, the IGDA, Gamasutra, censorship, Wikipedia editing, lawsuits, space travel, douchebags from every crevice of gaming, etc.

Man, I see Hollyood potential!

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:53 PM »

thanks for sharing that Ninomojo. Also to David for sharing on Gamasutra, you're both clearly speaking the truth and from the heart. When you guys release the newly named game I'm hoping the community will rally behind whatever you do and try and push the game to the top of the charts by any means we have.

Ya know another thing that sickens me about this whole thing is the deal with Tom Buscaglia and how he has put himself forward as one of the guys that's here to defend us, the little guy, from this kind of bullshit. Then he goes and defends this kind of lechery. Tom is the person to come in on this situation and give mobigames some council and perhaps file a countersuit pro-bono. Sure, this can't happen for 99% of these disputes, but this is a high profile case that could be a real victory for Mobigames and put this kind of thing on centerstage for all the other bottomfeeders to take notice. Maybe it wouldn't change much, but at least we'd have some faith in "the game attorney" and maybe in turn, the IGDA. I dunno... I just want some justice damnit. This aggression will not stand, man.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

Paul, I don't know why Simon pulled the article... I'd like to ask him, but I feel like he has a good reason for keeping quiet.  I'd almost rather not know until it becomes public information.

FYI: There are many other U.S. industry associations that could use your support, including:

I don't know, is it too much to just ask these organizations to support us, the people who are making games, or at the very least, not fuck with us?  You should be able to release an app on the App Store honestly without worrying about someone from the board of the IGDA threatening you... and then have the Game Attorney call you a punkass and defend him when he should be defending you.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »

yeah, that 'he was making games before you were old enough to choke your chicken!' and 'more games released than you've had hot meals!' comments were hilarious -- that lawyer is almost as ridiculous as tim. and yet he claims that nobody has done more to support indies than he has? i kinda hope all the evidence sinks in and he realizes he's been defending the wrong guy, but people i doubt it'll happen

AaronAardvark
Level 1

Formerly RazputinOleander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »

Paul, I don't know why Simon pulled the article... I'd like to ask him, but I feel like he has a good reason for keeping quiet.  I'd almost rather not know until it becomes public information.

FYI: There are many other U.S. industry associations that could use your support, including:

I don't know, is it too much to just ask these organizations to support us, the people who are making games, or at the very least, not fuck with us?  You should be able to release an app on the App Store honestly without worrying about someone from the board of the IGDA threatening you... and then have the Game Attorney call you a punkass and defend him when he should be defending you.

Now for the low introductory price of zero dollars, you too can join TIG Source and collaborate with REAL INDIE GAME DEVELOPERS NOW!!!  In return, we promise not to sue you for trademark infringement on any of your original ideas while we were secretly creating a website claiming we were working on the same thing for the past five years.  As a special bonus, we also promise not to litigate over copyright infringement!**

** Not a real promise.  Please speak with Tom Buscaglia to determine whether suing you is within the goals of TIG Source.
MorganRamsay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »

I understand where you stand with respect to IGDA. I was only pointing out that IGDA is not the only game in town, as Mr. Saltsman suggested in response to Mr. Jacobs' blog post. In the interests of full disclosure -- although this fact is certainly not secret -- I founded Entertainment Media Council to support the common business and other interests of entrepreneurs and corporate leaders involved with interactive entertainment; therefore, no, asking some organizations to support you is not too much to ask!
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: June 02, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »

The only thing that really irks me about this whole situation is the hypocrisy feeling that I'm getting from the IGDA. While it is in every right that every individual belonging to the core IGDA should not be gagged from speaking his/her opinion, one must realize that his/her own actions will represent the IGDA regardless. Many other professions follow this to some degree or another, as well as employees representing their business or work place. This almost reeks of the saying:

"Do as I say, but do not do as I do."

Also to add, if one doesn't personally believe in the own core values of the board they are on, then one has to think about why they are even there.

New names? I suppose if Tim was really out to get these guys he'd probably trademark all the synonyms to edge as well.

As for supporting organisations, well, people need a reason to support organisations. Ultimately it comes down to No 1, and that is often (and should be) yourself. What does this organisation do for you? As far as I can see, the organisation that is suppose to ally with you, is having its own members trying to cut your throat... but it's ok, the organisation is totally clean because its not in a position to do anything. But I suppose in this world, it's every dog for himself.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:56:09 PM by Snakey » Logged

I like turtles.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »

http://www.edgegamers.org

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/edgegamers.org

Copyright 2008 EDGEGAMERS® All rights reserved. EDGEGAMERS® is the registered trademark of Edge Games, Inc.. Used under license.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2009, 12:50:34 AM »

If what David Papazian is saying is true then Tim Langdell is breaking UK law. It is a clear case of extortion and fraud. The facts are that EDGE Games haven't produced a pruduct of any kind since 1994. Now let us put that into context within the games industry, the last time EDGE Games made anything 3d Realms hadn't even started work on Duke Nukem: Forever. He is obfuscating the facts for financial gain. EDGE Games is clearly a front for Tim Langdell's extortion racket and Modigames should take Tim's own advice and higher a solicitor and fight this in a UK court.

To those wanting to get the mainstream press involved, has anyone thought of contacting Future Publishing. Tim appears to be misrepresenting the relationship between the two and their legal team might be interested in his recent activity. I'm sure they don't wish to be tarnished with the same brush as Langdell. They may also have a case for having his EDGE Trademark terminated as EDGE Games hasn't traded in 15 years. At the very least they may be able to shed some light on their relationship with EDGE Games.

I would also like to public go on record as saying Tim Langdell CEO of EDGE Games is a liar, cheat, conman, fraudster and an extortionist. If he wishes to challenge my claims I will be happy to hear from his solicitor.

raiten
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:03 AM »

If what David Papazian is saying is true then Tim Langdell is breaking UK law. It is a clear case of extortion and fraud. The facts are that EDGE Games haven't produced a pruduct of any kind since 1994.

This is not necessarily true, it seems they've published mobile games.
http://www.the--edge.com/edgemobile/mgames.htm
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2009, 01:34:20 AM »

Ya know another thing that sickens me about this whole thing is the deal with Tom Buscaglia and how he has put himself forward as one of the guys that's here to defend us, the little guy, from this kind of bullshit. Then he goes and defends this kind of lechery.
Even setting aside his scum-sucking politics, Tom Buscaglia is just a fucking idiot. Why is he on the IGDA board if he doesn't even know the difference between the words 'tenets' and 'tenants'?

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2009, 01:58:38 AM »

If what David Papazian is saying is true then Tim Langdell is breaking UK law. It is a clear case of extortion and fraud. The facts are that EDGE Games haven't produced a pruduct of any kind since 1994.

This is not necessarily true, it seems they've published mobile games.
http://www.the--edge.com/edgemobile/mgames.htm
No they haven't. That website is a front. It was set up to challenge Mobigames' and others claim to the EDGE name. Try buying an EDGE mobile game. You can't because they don't exist. They never did exist. That website claims that "Bobby Bearing has become one of the biggest selling mobile games after 3 straight years of sales." yet I cannot find a single version of it anywhere on any site. Does it exist? Did it ever exist?

/EDIT: Interesting I have found the game, but I can't download it as my mobile apparently doesn't support it.

http://www.schnozberry.com/mobile/games/item/89666/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:08:05 AM by Oddball » Logged

raiten
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2009, 02:09:17 AM »

No they haven't. That website is a front. It was set up to challenge Mobigames' and others claim to the EDGE name. Try buying an EDGE mobile game. You can't because they don't exist. They never did exist. That website claims that "Bobby Bearing has become one of the biggest selling mobile games after 3 straight years of sales." yet I cannot find a single version of it anywhere on any site. Does it exist? Did it ever exist?

Gah, how could I take his site at face value... You're probably right, compare the screenshots of Bobby Bearing in this flash banner on Edge Mobile - http://www.the--edge.com/edgemobile/UpperRightPanel.swf, and this description of the game nobody but Tim could have contributed to gamefaqs:

"State of the art 3D action puzzle game featuring the realistic game play of a real rolling ball. You play Bobby who must hunt through a maze of traps and puzzles to find his lost brothers and bring them home. Beware the evil black ball bearings as you roll around this fabulous virtual 3D world. A game that can be played for a few moments, or remain a challenge for weeks or months. Suitable for all player experience levels."

Edit: strike that, it seems it was actually released for the mobile.
http://www.midlet-review.com/index?content=review&id=15
http://www.schnozberry.com/mobile/games/item/89666/
The state of the art 3d lie is just typical Tim Langdell M.O. I guess.

This one is interesting though:
http://www.mobicious.com/mobile-games/174510-bobby-bearing
Apparently the game wasn't released by "Edge Mobile" but rather licensed by Edge Games. So I guess Edge Mobile doesn't exist at all, but they've still licensed the publication of one game (and that'll be the only one by the looks of it)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:16:15 AM by raiten » Logged
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2009, 02:18:11 AM »

featuring the realistic game play of a real rolling ball.

My mind is blown.
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »

Also, unless Tim's got the rights to marble madness...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Madness

Look at the list of similar games.

Bobby bearing?

I think not. 
It was a pale Marble Madness wannabe when released in 1986(marble madness 1984), and it still is to this day. Guess which one people remember, guess which one has a wiki page? Tim Langdell is a disgrace to the video game industry. Anyone attending one of his 'lectures' or 'roundtables' should just turn his back on the man, and reflect upon exactly what kind of insight he's getting from him. It's like a relationship counselling session with Skeletor as the therapist.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:25 AM »

I'm trying to find the developer of the mobile phone version. It's credited to a polish development 'group' called Omnigence. As far as I can tell they have made only one game and that was Bobby Bearing.

I still can't get hold of the game though.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »

I'm trying to find the developer of the mobile phone version. It's credited to a polish development 'group' called Omnigence. As far as I can tell they have made only one game and that was Bobby Bearing.

I still can't get hold of the game though.

I'm gonna think this game doesn't exists or wasn't even released, there's no way to buy it online, i tried to buy it from the sites were liked here and do a seach, nothing, i cannot fuckin' buy it in any manner.
Quite strange for a "best seller" mobile game isn't it?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 03, 2009, 02:51:47 AM »

Good to see TIGSource folks giving Tim a good old-fashioned dickpunching over of gama.  Beer!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic