Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:09:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2641039 times)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »

I apologise.

Yeah.
namragog
« Reply #3841 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »

hehehe  Tongue
apgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3842 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »

Scrapped the pixel version.

Theophilus
« Reply #3843 on: October 28, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

Probably a good call.
Ninja Disguise
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: October 28, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »

Gotta say I will always like pixel art more than digital stuff, but they are both quite nice.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: October 28, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »

The non-pixel version is breast.

Erm, best Who, Me?

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3846 on: October 28, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »

Honestly, I can't decide which I like better. They're both boss...but the digital one could be better than the pixel art one with some slightly more saturated colors.
Jawnsunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: October 28, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

NES Screen format... yay. Just putting together ideas and stuff for scenes are played out.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: October 29, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »

anpd: the grass from the pixel version is missing in the vector/painted one.
jant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: October 29, 2011, 03:11:30 AM »

Procrastinating inking comic pages.

omg jared that looks awesome! but its a little freaky cos ive been thinking pretty much the same, albeit yours is way prettier!

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3850 on: October 29, 2011, 06:45:21 AM »

anpd: both versions look very nice, but the excessive boobs are a tad... excessive (if they are being ironic then that's not so bad I guess)

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3851 on: October 29, 2011, 06:56:01 AM »

I don't think they're very good even if they're ironic.

charlyjouglet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3852 on: October 29, 2011, 07:24:07 AM »

Les Rouages de Grinn, an interactive MMORPG.

"Les rouages de Grinn" was first thought like a complete world which have its own races, its story, its religious mythology, and its traditions. This universe is based on nowadays norms with well known races.
However the challenge was to revisit these norms by giving them a new meaning. "Les rouages de Grinn" reinvents Elves' story and traits, dwarves and humans of the heroïc-fantasy universe, in a new world.

"Les rouages de Grinn" is primarly an RPG, like a story that the player is living as he wish , through instruments allowing him to interact with the universe. The player will experience an interactive novel which will change depending on him and the other players who will tread the soil of the old world.
"Les rouages de Grinn" doesn't intend to make experience a simple virtual experience, but to propose a story, a world which have its own laws, and where the player could find his place, interact and live like a character in a novel.

How to let the players the control of a virtual world? that's the question we tried to answer like a lot of modern MMO. We didn't necessary found "THE" answer, but a way to perform it.

"Les rouages de Grinn" is a world which have two times, the first, is a huge story which fix bases of the world: the past. The present is the MMO, the era of industrialization, of the capitalization that extends for men and tries to erase thousands of years of tradition. That's when the player is projected in the world, like an unknown who doesn't know anything of his past. This fact allows the player to build his own character, his own identity: A past, a future with his choices, actions with PNJs and other players

The Gameplay of the game is a common base with well known other MMORPG, But new systems are built to guide or propose to players new intruments to interact. The principle of the IS (Interactive Story) comes from that. The player experience a global quest which tells the backgroud of the novel. You could make choices which, couple with others, will influence the rest of the story.

Now, we are participating a contest: Ganuta

We posted a new trailer of the game "Les Rouages De Grinn".
The winner will receive professional help in their project for 6 months, and diffusion in a famous magazine in France.

So we need your votes!!!

Please vote here: http://concours.ganuta.com/103-75-1-Galerie for the video: "Les rouages de grinn"

You gave us 155 votes in 24h! Give us 200 more and we win!

www.charlyjouglet.com

Orchestral music composer looking for paid work
apgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3853 on: October 29, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »

anpd: both versions look very nice, but the excessive boobs are a tad... excessive (if they are being ironic then that's not so bad I guess)
Those are under discussion  Smiley.

Quote from: rivon
anpd: the grass from the pixel version is missing in the vector/painted one.
There would be different tilesets.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3854 on: October 29, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »

omg jared that looks awesome! but its a little freaky cos ive been thinking pretty much the same, albeit yours is way prettier!

Oh, wow, that is creepy! It's the TIGsource Hivemind, you've become a part of it now.

Gooble gobble gooble gobble one of us, one of us.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3855 on: October 29, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »

Working on a mobile game pitch for one of my classes. We won't actually be making the games, but I'm having fun with it anyway. I decided to go with the turntable-based fighting game I talked about in Pitch Your Game Topic a while ago.

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3856 on: October 29, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »

Gotta say I will always like pixel art more than digital stuff, but they are both quite nice.

I agree with Disguise.  Very, very nice work.
I dislike the female's avatar.  Why is her bust so...out there?  I really like the goggled engineer guy.

ChevyRay
« Reply #3857 on: October 29, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »

Very cool, definitely love the painted version. Small suggestion, but I recommend removing the bottom-outline on the buildings. When you want something to look like it's actually built "into" the ground, removing that outline will make it look more like it's coming out, and less like it's pasted overtop, and tie the game assets together a bit more.

Barely a suggestion, though, as it already looks great.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3858 on: October 29, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »

WOAH, it's great. I'd like to know how do u do those clean looking tower sprites. Please make a video!!!!!  Beg Beg Beg

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3859 on: October 29, 2011, 06:02:45 PM »

Picture of an enemy and the player for my flash game project.

Enemy

Player

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic