Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlack Market (Beta)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Black Market (Beta)  (Read 3210 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »

So I guess its about that time to start collecting some player feedback...  This is a game thats been in the works for a few months now and well, heres Black Market !

Its a sci-fi space trading game made in flash and as the title says, we have just reached beta!  The first campaign in the game is called Patchwork, and currently act 1 of 3 has been uploaded, we are busy at work bug testing act 2 and 3 for release in a few days.  We will be updating this game weekly with new premium and free content, campaigns, ships, weapons, and new locations and alike to expand the game, bug fixes are usually updated daily.... So have a play, tell us what you think! If you find a bug do shoot me a pm or post it on the dev forums on the site, would be most helpful.

Play Black Market!

8 meg, requires flash...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:56:35 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

madflame991
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »

Very, very nice prototype
I've been a big fan of Freelancer and the X series and I always wanted to make my own space exploration RPG. The trading system seems complete, the combat is ok, the artwork is nice.
Only advice I could give you: the future's currency shouldn't be dollars, the scroll wheel should work since trading and thefore scrolling is an important part of the game, the gates should be hackable (maybe like in PuzzleQuest Galactrix, through a minigame).

No bugs showed up while I was playing.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:39 PM »

Not sure about the hackable gates idea, but the scroll wheel sounds doable, ill add it to the list.  Cheers for that  Beer!

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »

It was pretty fun for a while, but i got to a point where a mission required i go to a ship between two planets and i couldn't get to it. Clicking on it did nothing.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »

What planets were they?  Did you put any levels into navigation?  Because im guessing (hoping) thats what it is, not some sort of wierd bug.

EDIT:  Wouldn't be the mission were the trader swaps the goods with you would it?

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »

EDIT:  Wouldn't be the mission were the trader swaps the goods with you would it?

It would.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »

You should be able to progress by just traveling the path from the connecting planet, ship based pathfinding is now on the list todo  Grin

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »

Act 2 should be up very shortly, a hour or so tops, continuing the vincent wake campaign.  If you guys have any problems playing it shoot me a PM here and ill try to sort it out asap.  Beer!  Act 3 should be up tommorow or the day after with any luck.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 01:18:56 AM »

hopefully I can upgrade to the colossus class. oh I was wondering the lack of sister marring koth is no where in the first act? why is that?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 01:37:09 AM »

Ffffuck youuuu I've been playing this game all afternoon/night. I just finished act 1 and now I wanna know what happens next! I have important things I should be doing, man! This is an awesome game. Angry

I noticed a few typos throughout. I should have written them down to tell you but I was too busy playing the game. I may play through again with a more critical eye, taking note of these occurrences.

How do you increase your standing with a faction? It's easy as hell to get it to go down, but I have no idea how to make it go back up. It seems like after you give Tricorp the stolen shit and they give you their protection that your relations with them should improve, but it didn't! At least not for me.

I think more non-hostile interaction between ships when on the space-lanes would be rad. Such as trading or solicitations for jobs, or turning down such offers and attacking them (without having to change your alliance or anything). Maybe some ability to stop your movement mid-lane and wait, as the pirates sometimes do? when there's a bad dude in front of me and a bad dude behind me it's annoying/stressful having to keep clicking each planet to keep from running into either (especially when I'm low on health and in a weak ship virtually unarmed after dying, trying to get enough cash to re-outfit myself).

Anyway, this is a fucking awesome game dude. Looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:59:47 AM by Xion » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 04:47:12 AM »

So Act 2 is up, time to get Act 3 out.

hopefully I can upgrade to the colossus class. oh I was wondering the lack of sister marring koth is no where in the first act? why is that?

Koth are only in act 2 from memory, I send login details to you so you can play it Beer!

Ffffuck youuuu I've been playing this game all afternoon/night. I just finished act 1 and now I wanna know what happens next! I have important things I should be doing, man! This is an awesome game. Angry

I noticed a few typos throughout. I should have written them down to tell you but I was too busy playing the game. I may play through again with a more critical eye, taking note of these occurrences.

How do you increase your standing with a faction? It's easy as hell to get it to go down, but I have no idea how to make it go back up. It seems like after you give Tricorp the stolen shit and they give you their protection that your relations with them should improve, but it didn't! At least not for me.

I think more non-hostile interaction between ships when on the space-lanes would be rad. Such as trading or solicitations for jobs, or turning down such offers and attacking them (without having to change your alliance or anything). Maybe some ability to stop your movement mid-lane and wait, as the pirates sometimes do? when there's a bad dude in front of me and a bad dude behind me it's annoying/stressful having to keep clicking each planet to keep from running into either (especially when I'm low on health and in a weak ship virtually unarmed after dying, trying to get enough cash to re-outfit myself).

Good ideas man, where to begin, im going to add the faction gains to the list when you do a quest for them, excellent idea.  Non-hostile encounters is a really good idea too, though next is definately focusing on combat and making it less of a button mash, ill add it to the list though, thanks for playing  Gentleman

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 06:21:48 AM »

So Act 2 is up, time to get Act 3 out.

Koth are only in act 2 from memory, I send login details to you so you can play it Beer!

Good ideas man, where to begin, im going to add the faction gains to the list when you do a quest for them, excellent idea.  Non-hostile encounters is a really good idea too, though next is definately focusing on combat and making it less of a button mash, ill add it to the list though, thanks for playing  Gentleman
Wait I saw a Koth and drank it under the table in Null system. So 5 years of good luck for me!
oh thanks gnome
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:36:37 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »

Haha, cant beat that good luck.  No problems dude, shoot me a PM or post if you find any bugs in act 2, would be most appreciated.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »

Act 3 and a updated combat system have just been uploaded, and a crapload of fixes, tell us what you think guys  Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic