Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:24:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSharing profits with team members
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sharing profits with team members  (Read 1099 times)
Defcon1
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:53 PM »

What is the best way some of you have found to share profits with your development team? For example, a game makes $1000 USD and you want to split the profit 50/50 between you and your other teammate. Is there a way to do this though paypal? Can online stores do this?

Thanks everyone.

@yeahthatsean
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:23:14 AM »

I think most e-commerce providers like BMT Micro or FastSpring provide a split-pay option. Basically, your team member makes an account there, and you make a disposition that a certain percentage of profits from the game goes to his/her account. Takes 5 minutes to setup.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:35 AM »

yep, that's one of the many advantages of e-commerce services over paypal

Moczan
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »

Do Steam and other marketplaces have anything like that?
Defcon1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:21:37 AM »

BMT Micro and Fastspring look like excellent ways for doing this on a game site. However, I was thinking of a more encompassing solution, something that would be a catch all from all stores and portals.

Doing a bit more digging, paypal actually makes this pretty easy as long as your members also have a paypal account. Profits can go into a "game" or "developer" account from which paypal lets you split the total into any number of other paypal accounts each month.

See this for more. The "developer" account does have to be a business account and they take up to $1 for payments within the US and $20 for payments made outside the US.

@yeahthatsean
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »

Splitting $1000 isn't so bad with paypal. Splitting $20 from a sale or two every month might be more agonizing with paypal Tongue
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »

I don't think any other marketplaces have this feature. At least neither Apple app store nor Google Play has it. You have to split later by yourself. 

See this for more. The "developer" account does have to be a business account and they take up to $1 for payments within the US and $20 for payments made outside the US.
I've never known that Paypal has mass payment feature, so thank you for sharing this! Too bad we can't set it to do this automatically every month.

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »

Token mention of how several indie game developers have been badly burned by using paypal.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic