Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411722 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: Sergei

May 22, 2024, 06:13:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Wolf's Bite - 1 vs. 1 Choose-Your-Own-Adventure - On Steam Greenlight!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Wolf's Bite - 1 vs. 1 Choose-Your-Own-Adventure - On Steam Greenlight!  (Read 8045 times)
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »

The logos with the various foods should be posted soon for feedback. In the meantime, here's a quick look at the wolf catching up on the day's news:

Eventually, the newspaper will serve as a way to drive forward some main story points, and also recap some of the various choices the players have made in the prior day.

Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

#3!
This sounds and looks fantastic! Great idea. I hope you can pull it off.
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. All the best!

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 06:31:50 PM »

@Leo J Welcome to the devlog, and thanks for the nice words!

Here's a quick concept for one of the pigs. If we had to name him, I'd say he looks like a Boaris :D

Lilou84x
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:49 AM »

Wow such an amazing work here!! I love the concept art too! It seems to be so fluffy that i need to play it now hahahaa!
Have you got a release date?

Congratulations for this hard work!
Cheers!
TammiDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:06 AM »

I'm really curious as how you're going to add competitive (gameplay) elements to the game. Good luck!
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »

@TammiDev Welcome to the devlog TammiDev!

I believe I mentioned before that the game can be played by both one player, or two. The single player mode is played against a computer controlled opponent, controlling either the Wolf or the Pigs, depending who you chose to play as. As choices pop up on screen we needed a way to show the player what choices the computer was making. Here is a WIP shot, strewn with programmer art, of what we have so far, featuring the pigs as the computer player:

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 05:57:40 AM »

Nice programmer art! I do really love the idea that they reach in to adjust things in the play area.

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 06:30:38 AM »

This is extremely charming. Loving the warm pastel color design. My library of choose your own adventure games is seriously lacking so I'm very interested in seeing how this game developes. Grin
TammiDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 01:03:29 AM »

@TammiDev Welcome to the devlog TammiDev!

I believe I mentioned before that the game can be played by both one player, or two. The single player mode is played against a computer controlled opponent, controlling either the Wolf or the Pigs, depending who you chose to play as. As choices pop up on screen we needed a way to show the player what choices the computer was making. Here is a WIP shot, strewn with programmer art, of what we have so far, featuring the pigs as the computer player:

Ty Smiley Ah then it might be my misinterpretation of the term 'competitive'. I thought the game was going to contain elements of mechanics, strategy that players could master to become ultimately the best. What you now described to me is the possibility to play a point-and-click game together wich I would refer to as Versus or Co-op instead of competitive. Think about it to avoid possible confusion when going to the press Smiley
Seriously this is programmer art? Because it's already really f-in good!
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 03:31:47 AM »

Ha, when I say programmer art strewn about I merely mean the choice bubbles, and pigs hoof mouse icon. The rest of the art is mockup art that Karen made.

As far as the terms versus vs. competitive, I could see how it might lead to confusion. Versus sounds like a better fit. Thanks for the suggestion.  Smiley

TammiDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

Ha, when I say programmer art strewn about I merely mean the choice bubbles, and pigs hoof mouse icon. The rest of the art is mockup art that Karen made.

As far as the terms versus vs. competitive, I could see how it might lead to confusion. Versus sounds like a better fit. Thanks for the suggestion.  Smiley
Ah *embarassed*, I was too distracted by the animals to take a closer look at the bubbles XD Soz!
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »

Lovely art! And I love management games!

Modog
Level 0

Rogue Knight Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

Lovely art, i like that smooth color style...

Finding what I can do better
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »

I adore the concept of a versus CYOA, I've never heard of anything like that before!

The pig concepts are really cute, my favorites are the 6th, 4th and 8th.

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »

@Moth, @Modog, @diegzmullo Welcome to the devlog! We've been rather quiet lately, as Karen has her head down on her other project, Oceanheart, at the moment. We intend to pick things back up in the coming week, which means the posts should become more frequent again. :D

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »

Karen has been busy doodling away, and has a few new pigs to show. We're particularly fond of the concept with the pig glasses:

A bunch of work is also being done on the writing right now, which doesn't lead to very interesting devlog posts. :/

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 05:13:16 PM »

It's been many months since I've posted an update. Sorry about that, though, things seems to be back in full swing.

Here is a sketch of how the Three Pigs will look in the game:

Next, a glimpse at the final logo:

Third, a quick look at a mockup of the game's title screen:

Last, here's a fun tweet showing how Karen mocks up screens:
https://twitter.com/bitmOO/status/686681070956331008

Catghost
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 05:53:39 PM »

point-and-clicks are always fun! i love the style you've got going too, it's a great look. can't wait to see more.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 04:21:53 PM »

Thats Catghost!

Here's a quick look at the mocked up character select. UI, UI, and more UI \:D/

ThilDuncan
Level 0

Indie Developer at Ghost Town Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 07:55:11 AM »

I really love the use of colour in this game. Really nice dreamy warm quality to all the art and I'm really intrigued by the idea of a 1v1 adventure game too! : )

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic