Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:24:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905034 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6100 on: November 07, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »

Playing Copy Kitty, which has a full free version for download on itch.io. I have to say, it's pretty much polished as heck. Excellent, excellent work on it, seriously. The gameplay's tight, the weapons are interesting, and the graphics are, while a bit busy, well put-together.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6101 on: November 07, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »

Were the scrolling rooms always there? I don't remember them.

Scrolling rooms are definitely new. I realized this version has proper gamepad support (rather than a message telling you to use JoyToKey), so I gave it a try and I like it a lot better. Analog movement is a big plus, and using four face buttons for tears instead of arrow keys somehow makes more sense to my brain. I played a round of the original game just to compare, and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the pixel graphics - since it's basically the same as a low-res version of the old vector art, I'd rather have the vectors.

I ran into a really strange bug where I was playing as Azazel, had no red hearts, and died with an extra life. When I resurrected, the game decided I was playing as ??? instead (who I haven't even unlocked). My wings stopped working, my shots reverted from Azazel's default attack to tears, and my character's face was all kinds of messed up. Looks like there are still a few rough edges this early after release.

Edit: The above might not be a bug, but a side effect of that particular resurrection item. This game is confusing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:12:36 PM by ThemsAllTook » Logged

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6102 on: November 08, 2014, 07:03:41 AM »

Still playing San Andreas, now I'm back in Los Santos so I must be approaching the end of the game.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: November 08, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »

i got binding of isaac rebirth for free on vita thanks to ps plus and it seems really... easy compared to the original?

i mean idk i didnt play the original a whole lot, but i remember usually dying on the 1st or 2nd floor. right now i already downed 2 bosses and never even got close to dying. not sure if its the better controls or if im just really lucky or w/e.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6104 on: November 08, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

When you complete a run for the first time, you unlock hard difficulty, which is as hard as or harder than the original game. Be ready for frustration when you don't get enough items for a viable build and have no chance once you get to Depths or Utero. The runs with better luck are almost enjoyable enough to make up for it, but I wouldn't mind if the game were balanced a bit better.

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6105 on: November 08, 2014, 11:12:18 PM »

Finally finished San Andreas, the last mission was pretty intense. I was fine for most of it, but following the fire truck at the end was too long and it probably needed an extra checkpoint between that and the shooting section.

It feels kind of outdated compared to most 3rd person actiony shootery type games but it was still a lot of fun. I might play some of the side missions that I didn't do or I might just move onto another game.

Blahzayblah
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6106 on: November 09, 2014, 08:03:50 AM »

The Evil Within, great game.   Addicted
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: November 11, 2014, 10:12:36 PM »

garry's mod

more here

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: November 12, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »

When you complete a run for the first time, you unlock hard difficulty, which is as hard as or harder than the original game. Be ready for frustration when you don't get enough items for a viable build and have no chance once you get to Depths or Utero. The runs with better luck are almost enjoyable enough to make up for it, but I wouldn't mind if the game were balanced a bit better.

ohhh that explains it.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6109 on: November 12, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »

Tower of Guns is not that great, gave up on it in less than an hour.

I was expecting a faster paced game with a bunch of interesting guns and powerups, not just strafing back and forth while shooting turrets with a pea shooter and then rushing to get the pickups that'll probably disappear before you get to them.
It's even worse because if you get hit by an enemy your weapon XP goes down.

The enemies are boring, you either fight turrets that shoot straight at you or enemies that slowly fly towards you. They only provide a challenge because your gun is weak, there's lots of the same enemy and bullets flying around.

It's not really the kind of game that works well in a first person perspective because of the things that are happening.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6110 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:02 PM »

In addition to continuing my way through 3rd Climax in Bayonetta, I've started delving into Kingdoms of Amalur (which has been sitting in my backlog for a fair amount of time, and I had only played for about 20 minutes so far).  It's a lot better than I was expecting.  The settings pretty generic, and the art is a lot more WoW-ish than I'd like, although I like most of the environment art.  The combat is quite good, as is the level design so far.  Although I was a bit disappointed when I realized that "harpoon" was a skill and not a weapon type that you could gain proficiency in.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: November 13, 2014, 01:57:44 AM »

i thought it was really boring tbh. im interested to hear what you think was good about the combat. i found it to be pretty shallow and mashy. also iirc enemies take way too many hits (a common problem with action rpgs).
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6112 on: November 13, 2014, 04:10:23 AM »

Catherine.

My girlfriend likes watching.

oh yeahhh

I just wish we could switch to Japanese audio Sad

olücæbelel
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:44 AM »

i can't play catherine because im too dump for puzzl gams Sad
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6114 on: November 13, 2014, 06:08:23 AM »

KoA is a game that appealed me at the start; while never great, it was like Skyrim in WoW clothes, which proved to be entertaining enough. Then I started Dragon's Dogma, got insanely hooked into it, and any time I tried to return to KoA, it just fell flat to DD in everyway. Unlocking minigames were bullshit, there was no verticality, even troll combat was repetitive as fuck, and everything took too long to die.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: November 13, 2014, 06:19:48 AM »

KoA is a game that appealed me at the start; while never great, it was like Skyrim in WoW clothes, which proved to be entertaining enough. Then I started Dragon's Dogma, got insanely hooked into it, and any time I tried to return to KoA, it just fell flat to DD in everyway. Unlocking minigames were bullshit, there was no verticality, even troll combat was repetitive as fuck, and everything took too long to die.
Kloaka of Amalgama is my favorite game too.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6116 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:05 AM »

Well you probably smell like donkeys ass then

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: November 13, 2014, 06:44:22 AM »

Well, hello there!
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »

Man, I'm so disappointed with Race for the Galaxy. They didn't consider colorblind people at all when they made these cards. I can't tell the different goods apart so I don't know what anything does. I'm going to have to get a friend to mark the entire deck with symbols before we can play it.

It seems nice and the mechanics are interesting but what the hell. Unplayable out of the box for me :c

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: November 13, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »

ah yeah that sucks Sad

race for the galaxy is a really good game tho, so i hope you get to play it regardless.

btw i recently bought an adventure boardgame called shadows of malice that makes a point of being colorblind-friendly by using symbols in addition to color-coding. ymmv tho because the plastic "soulshards" (gems) that come with it are only color-coded. the game itself is ok, but doesn't really reach the heights of my current genre faves eldritch horror, relic and ofc the mighty MAGE KNIGHT.

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic