Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69458 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 01, 2024, 07:28:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 123096 times)
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »

Could use a bit more consistent outline, and some shading.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »

Gunlimb, as he is now, is kind of useless. Maybe if he moved slightly to one direction rather than going straight up so that people know just to avoid him.
Gunlimb creates a barrier that can be used to restrict other players to a certain part of the stage. It can form a wall that ranged attackers can hide behind, and if placed well, it can make recovery very difficult.

I feel like Noitu Love should actually trap his opponents in a continuous combo rather than having each of his attacks deal knockback.
That would make his initial attack much deadlier than his later attacks. He would end up functioning more like Sexy Hiker and less like he does now- as a lasting battlefield obstacle.

Karoshi has a similar problem to Gunlimb, as his head bounces about in one place without moving. Perhaps the head could move if attacked, like the pedestal balls in Bonesaw.
That would be incredibly difficult to change. Besides, Karoshi still moves and explodes into deadly gibs. The head is only one part of his attack.

What exactly is this? Is this the same thing as the earlier Iwanaga sprite?

I'd like to suggest the Canabalt runner as a support character.

How I imagine he'd work is that the runner pops out of the box running to the direction it was thrown, knocking everybody in front of him in the air as it passes through them, maybe with the roll animation he does in the original when he hit boxes.
Not a bad idea. Sounds like a weaker version of Runman.

I think we have permission, we just can't use N as a fighter.
No permission.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »

He's not even pending or denied, maybe we should try to get permission.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »

Gunlimb, as he is now, is kind of useless. Maybe if he moved slightly to one direction rather than going straight up so that people know just to avoid him.
Gunlimb creates a barrier that can be used to restrict other players to a certain part of the stage. It can form a wall that ranged attackers can hide behind, and if placed well, it can make recovery very difficult.
The problem with this is that since you don't know who is in the Tigbox till you throw it, it's pretty much impossible for him to be "placed well", except by luck. If you have a Tigbox, you just throw it at the enemy and hope for the best.

Have you considered the possibility of making it so that when you pick up a Tigbox, it flashes up a brief image of the character inside the box? That would give them a lot more strategic depth, I think.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2010, 02:44:49 AM »

But then the enemy could see what was inside the box as well. It's a bit of a double-edged sword, to be honest.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2010, 04:06:51 AM »

True, but I think both players being aware is better than both players being unaware.

Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

Soul, yeah, that's a sort of opening animation. Again, that's maybe half of it and still rough.

I agree I could shade a little more creatively, Raptor, but the outline was a little confusing to do. I wanted to keep the octagonal shape of it while making it look smooth.
ink.inc
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2010, 05:22:40 PM »

Opening? Opening what?
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »

Opening? Opening what?
The support character guy from Iwanaga.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm still confused. Maybe because I've never played Iwanaga.

I still don't understand the relationship between the new animation and the original Iwanaga sprite posted a while ago.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2010, 06:49:21 AM »

the game starts with a guy dying and his soul turning into the robot thing

Lo
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »

then the guy will explode and the robot thing will come up shooting stuff or something?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »

Something like that.

At the moment, though, Microsoft GIF animator might not be enough. Any highly recommended stuff?
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »

The forum I used to go to used Beneton for a lot of animations. You could try that.

Also, this is just nitpicking here, but Gunlimb needs two more gunlegs in addition to the gunarms.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

Graphics Gale is fine, but you need to save the animation as a strip.

I use GIMP, which handles animation just fine. Photoshop works, too, if you have it.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »

macromedia fireworks works fine for editing gif but it's a bit unconfort :S

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »

TIGBoxer suggestion.
Name: Black Cat.
Game: Garden Gnome Carnage.
Style: Wanders around the stage dropping bricks. These bricks can be picked up and thrown, but are highly explosive. Think of them as immobile Bob-ombs.
Sprite: None, because I have terrible spriting skills.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »

I don't think many people would get the reference. It's not a terribly cool character, either.

Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:18 AM »

It's a hilarious reference, though. Seriously, everyone should at least look up garden gnome carnage on youtube before they die.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic