Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 05:40:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 122317 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »

There was some discussion about a similar idea for a stage recently, and it was shot down. The premise sounds good in theory, but the more it is discussed in detail, the worse it sounds.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »

Cyberdwarf runs about and suplexes anyone he approaches.
Cyberdwarf does not suplex. He punches and heals.
Cyberdwarf totally suplexes. Have you never played BSUaJ:G?
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2010, 01:39:19 PM »

yeah, the suplexes were his finishers

Lo
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »

I got more suggestions myself.

Delfador (Battle for Wesnoth)
 A character who summons a little cloud to deal lightning damage to the enemy. (In the game "Battle for Wesnoth", he appears in the campaign "Heir to the Throne")

Luggy (Egoboo)
 The pre-made playable character from Egoboo, who repeatedly whacks the enemies with his torch while running, dealing both burning and stunning damage. As much as Egoboo may not be one of the highly recommended games on TIGSource, I heard that it was quite popular, which is why I suggest him.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »

How do you suplex with Cyberdwarf? I beat the game without ever knowing he could do that.

(Although I thought his defining feature was his healing ability, not his fighting)

Delfador (Battle for Wesnoth)
I have not played this game much (luck plays too large a role in it), nor have I ever heard of Delfador. Is he that big a character? Does he really stand out as being the defining, iconic character from Battle for Wesnoth?

Luggy (Egoboo)
Never heard of this, but I looked it up. Isn't a large part of the appeal of roguelikes the ability to make your own character?

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »

Oh yeah Delfador would definitely be the character people would recognize instantly. His kind of a generic wizard though. Konrad has a more iconic appearence but it is a generic hitty stabby guy.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »

That sounds good then. Even if he is a generic wizard, the game doesn't really have one of those, yet.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2010, 04:18:57 AM »

How do you suplex with Cyberdwarf? I beat the game without ever knowing he could do that.

(Although I thought his defining feature was his healing ability, not his fighting)
Whenever you attack with him, while doing his jab-kick-punch attack, you press an attack button while holding a directional key and he does a throw based on which direction you press. Throws have the double purpose of dealing damage and lowering a stat.
InhumanUndeadGames
« Reply #388 on: October 09, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »

What about the Miner from Minecraft? Corny Laugh
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 09, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »

What about the Miner from Minecraft? Corny Laugh
It's a first person game, so not many people see what he looks like. Besides, we already have the Creeper as an option.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »

i would imagine him popping down and building a few block walls or something that have to be destroyed

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »

I think minecraft would make a better level rather than a character. (You can change the character's skin, after all)

Edit: on second thought, the creeper would be a perfect support character! It's unique, recognizable (anyone who plays Minecraft will cringe the second that thing enters the stage), and could act exactly as it does in-game!

(Aimlessly runs around until a player enters a large radius, in which case the creeper chases the player until it enters another, smaller radius where the creeper will give a 1 second countdown before exploding and dealing tons of damage)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:09:16 PM by brod » Logged

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »

Yeah, the creeper's been suggested before, but I forgot to add it to the original post. It's added now!

Veo
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 17, 2010, 07:09:38 PM »

Dominic and Ina

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: October 17, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »

Beautiful sprites.  Smiley

MaloEspada
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

i cannot mimic ina's pose, it's really really awkward. perhaps swapping the legs' positions would create a more natural pose.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »

What? That would just look unbalanced.

Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 20, 2010, 04:02:36 AM »

Remember it's two-dimensional, her right leg could simply be bending towards camera which would make the posture easy enough to copy  Smiley
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »

Bee-Baller (

)
Hovers above an opponent for a moment and then launches a honeycomb downwards. Honeycomb can then be used as a basic thrown item.

Our brother in the homebrew community need some love too. They're a fairly large but mostly seperated section of the indie community.
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2010, 07:49:06 PM »

That looks like some fantastic stuff. I'm not sure how iconic it is, but I think maybe you're right about representing homebrewers at least partially.

The bee could bounce the ball up about three times and then knock it down diagonally through the stage, giving those hit by it light/medium damage and some knockback.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic