Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:53:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPirate Heroes // Gem Dungeon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Pirate Heroes // Gem Dungeon  (Read 31756 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »

Shocked Smiley Grin Kiss Tears of Joy Beg Addicted Crazy
Ashkin
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »

*rubs cards all over himself*
Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 05:23:11 AM »

Shocked Smiley Grin Kiss Tears of Joy Beg Addicted Crazy

Pardon my poor english T_T
just_jeepin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »

Beautiful work, I can't wait to play it!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

mind boggle  Epileptic

DOM has reach the end of one rainbow and got gold pot

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »

Logo and card back!

It's 3am so I'll wait til tomorrow morning to see if I still like it Tongue
**Edit: I fixed the glow in the middle!**

Here's what the monster tokens look like now. Have a good night!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:56:54 AM by Dom2D » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »

Kiss
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »

I kind of wish the blur streak thingies and pink glow didn't go in front of the text?

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »

I kind of wish the blur streak thingies and pink glow didn't go in front of the text?

Fixed!

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »

it's like my eyes are having a form of visual orgasm  Apoplectic

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »

Hey Dom, this looks neat! I'm interested in the dungeon creation mechanic, and it looks like you're doing a great job with execution here. Best wishes, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed game.
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:27 PM »

I love it Kiss

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

this is beautiful  Smiley
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »

looking good. can you give a quick overview of how dungeon creation works? I am just wondering.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

This is too great, you should tone it down and make it more ugly so people does not confuse it with an AAA games, really!

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »

After two more playtest sessions, I realized the game was too complex. I added tons of different cards and sub-mechanics and complexified the game beyond its original intent. I have spent the last week removing most of the complexity and bringing it back to its accessible roots. Most cards are now simple enough that I'm only using icons to tell the players what they do. The combat system has some depth but is still familiar enough that players should be at ease with it.

looking good. can you give a quick overview of how dungeon creation works? I am just wondering.

At first, each player placed one tile every turn, from a hand of 5 Dungeon Tiles in any fashion as long as at least one corridor connected to a previously placed corridor. It worked well, but lacked some depth in the tile placement. I got inspired by Carcassonne and made sure tiles had more variations. Now the tiles' edges are either Wall, Corridor or Room, and each edge must connect to an identical edge on previously placed tiles.

Tiles have a variety of icons on them, from Monster (place a Monster Token when you place this tile and you must fight it if you enter this tile) to Shop (where you spend your Gold pieces).

I have yet to try this new version, but I believe the exploration and strategy of placement of tiles will mix together very well. We'll see!

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »

This looks awesome!  Have you thought about posting in the boardgamegeek.com forums?  I bet they'd be interested.  This is my dad's favorite website.  http://boardgamegeek.com/

I've been contemplating starting a thread about boardgames for a while now.  I've been curious how much crossover between boardgame culture and indy gaming culture there is on TIGsource.  My dad collects boardgames and him and my girlfriend and I play a new game almost monthly and it occurs to me that board games could provide a lot of potential inspiration, both in themes for games and in possibilities for game play.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »

This looks awesome!  Have you thought about posting in the boardgamegeek.com forums?  I bet they'd be interested.  This is my dad's favorite website.  http://boardgamegeek.com/

I've been contemplating starting a thread about boardgames for a while now.  I've been curious how much crossover between boardgame culture and indy gaming culture there is on TIGsource.  My dad collects boardgames and him and my girlfriend and I play a new game almost monthly and it occurs to me that board games could provide a lot of potential inspiration, both in themes for games and in possibilities for game play.

I'm on BoardGameGeek 20 times a day! The page for Gem Dungeon has been created and everything, but I'm waiting for a solid version before sharing it on the forums there. If I post it without some more play-testing, the hardcore gamers there will destroy it! Tongue

There's a big link between board and indy games. I'm learning lots about game design by creating non-digital games, as they are 500 times faster to create than indy games. You don't need much, just paper, pens, dice and cards, and you can create gameplay, tweak mechanics, and explore pure game design by yourself or with a couple friends. It also forces me to widen my horizons by playing and creating other games than platformers and puzzle games!

I can't wait to see what TIGSers will come up with. I'm thinking we should do a compo.

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »

There's a big link between board and indy games. I'm learning lots about game design by creating non-digital games, as they are 500 times faster to create than indy games. You don't need much, just paper, pens, dice and cards, and you can create gameplay, tweak mechanics, and explore pure game design by yourself or with a couple friends. It also forces me to widen my horizons by playing and creating other games than platformers and puzzle games!

Yup, only downside is that they are bit harder to share. Very great project though.
And this must have expansion packs like in carcassonne(great game too!)

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2010, 07:38:45 AM »

I totally agree. at one of the last places I worked we were making a pipeworks type of game. I made a bunch of pieces and a game board and we tried a bunch of different game ideas. in about an hour we had the entire gameplay down pat. not to mention we were actually having fun with it. we had one person playing, one person randomly drawing tiles, and one person keeping time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic