Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:17:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingToys
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Toys  (Read 10671 times)
PlayMeTape
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »

Thanks! I was very surprised but it made my day (which had been pretty crappy so far)! So happyyyyy  Coffee
Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »

Grats man!  Beer! Saw this game a while back; pretty neat.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »

Congrats on your nom.

Very neat game, reminds me of a more dynamic coign of vantage.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »

Congratulations!

The nomination was well deserved. :D
lapsus
Level 1

The Grey Tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »

Grats!
The presentation with the great audio and visuals and transitions works really nice together.

Strictly game play wise it didn't keep me interested for that long but style goes a long way.
I can't install unity on this machine and can't remember if there was some kind of audio clue for how close you were to the solution, perhaps fade in more tracks in the song as you get closer to completing the level or similar would add a layer and guide the player.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »

Hello friends!
medi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:38 AM »

i like your game very much Christoffer.
playing your game on iPad will be awesome.

Ehren
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »

It's simple, but I like it. The minimalistic but colorful graphics, the butonless mouse interface, the swipe transitions, and the soundtrack all combine to create a distinct atmosphere. All that to say that I think the game does well what you set out to do.

Unlike some of your Kongregate commenters, I liked the soundtrack (although it does get repetitive after a while...in fact I just muted it while typing this).

If I had to make one suggestion, it would be to think about how to make it a bit more skill based. At the moment, luck often seems the most effective strategy.

One thing to note: to be eligible for the Kong/Unity contest, you have to integrate with the Kongregate API. Since you don't have high (or low in this case) scores, I wasn't sure if you had done that.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

Sweet. Get this out as paid free app asap. Smiley
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 03:43:39 PM »

Wow, very very good. The presentation is excellent! Also well done, if that's your first chip-tune you are going places!!!
madflame991
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 04:36:29 AM »

This is the best zero button game I've seen/played. The graphics and presentation are simple, joyful and wonderful.
The only thing I don't like is that it seems a little easy - It takes me a couple of seconds to solve a level... the levels are easier than picklocking in Fallout 3, you just move the mouse a little in every direction till you find that sweet spot. I get 15, 17 and 27 at most on about every level.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 06:10:57 AM »

Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for all the feedback.

I'm currently working on implementing new mechanics that will hopefully add more depth to the puzzles. I will post another teaser by the end of the week!

I'm working on the the iDevice version with a friend of mine who is reworking the music and designing additional puzzles with me. We haven't decided how we want to launch it on the appstore but are leaning towards a large free version with an extended version for a low price for those that would like even more puzzles. Will keep you posted!
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »

The graphics are great, but the gameplay is broken. It's obvious enough when you're near the solution (the pieces all get closer together), and after that it's faster to wiggle the mouse randomly instead of actually looking at what's going on. Since the solution is a point in two-dimensional space, you don't have to wiggle the mouse for long.
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »

I enjoyed it a lot - some of it is pretty easy, but the last puzzle in particular took me a while (it was 325 points out of total score of 1030).

Is the screen fade actually synced. to the music, or just close? It's a really nice effect. In fact the whole production is very slick - it's cool to see something with a very flat unshaded aesthetic where perspective is the only cue as to shape.

Will
PlayMeTape
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »

So I've been rather lazy with the iOS development of Toys lately and in an attempt to further motivate myself I put together a small time lapse of what I did yesterday. Even though I didn't work for very long (I've got other stuff to worry about as well) I actually made some progress.

Here's the video if anyone is interested in seeing how I construct the puzzles. I might make another video if I come up with a feature to add and people seem interested.

Is the screen fade actually synced. to the music, or just close? It's a really nice effect. In fact the whole production is very slick - it's cool to see something with a very flat unshaded aesthetic where perspective is the only cue as to shape.

No it isn't but I guess I got lucky!  Cheesy

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback!
lapsus
Level 1

The Grey Tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »

loved the time lapse and seeing toys on ios.. now if only i could persuade the wife that we need an ipad.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic