Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:07:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7290691 times)
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22940 on: May 27, 2013, 12:10:44 AM »

then what was the point of posting it haha
when you've been working on stuff for a long time and the animations look rad and you feel proud and you feel man I wanna post this on the internet then sometimes you do I think that's the point of posting it
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #22941 on: May 27, 2013, 12:16:01 AM »

when you've been working on stuff for a long time and the animations look rad and you feel proud and you feel man I wanna post this on the internet then sometimes you do I think that's the point of posting it
he posted those animations plenty in the past though. he could always use http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32077.255 since he wasn't showing off any pixel art(he was showing placeholders??? why even show them???) either.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: May 27, 2013, 12:19:11 AM »

he posted those animations plenty in the past though. he could always use http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32077.255 since he wasn't showing off any pixel art(he was showing placeholders??? why even show them???) either.

This is the biggest possible deal.

Better keep posting about it.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #22943 on: May 27, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »

This is the biggest possible deal.

Better keep posting about it.
yeah, lets. i want to get to the bottom of this!
SophieDaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22944 on: May 27, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »

A pixel art duel is actually a kind of awesome idea. A resolution, a palette, a theme, and a deadline. Then you can vote or whatever, I'd just be interested in seeing what came out of it.

Art is very subjective, i think the only way one could win is if the opponent duelist goes "ok, i got to admit. that's a f* ing rad piece of art."
Ashkin
« Reply #22945 on: May 27, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »

No I mean I'M not the pixel king (ignore the stuff to the left of me), but Cellusious is by no means the best pixel art on this website
So many better pixelists

Also RE: Pixelshowdown me and Kramlack did one a while ago
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24885.0
But he didn't finish anything and my piece was mediocre so it wasn't really a great example.
I'd love to see a res of this though:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=7285.0
devi ever
« Reply #22946 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »

A pixel art duel is actually a kind of awesome idea. A resolution, a palette, a theme, and a deadline. Then you can vote or whatever, I'd just be interested in seeing what came out of it.

Ninja
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #22947 on: May 27, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »

No I mean I'M not the pixel king (ignore the stuff to the left of me), but Cellusious is by no means the best pixel art on this website
So many better pixelists

Might not be the "best" (whatever that means in terms of art) but he's certainly got the biggest output, the biggest web presence right now. And it contributing the most free pixel art with CC or totally free licensing, which is a huge deal to me personally.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
SophieDaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22948 on: May 27, 2013, 02:30:37 AM »

So many better pixelists

Might not be the "best" (whatever that means in terms of art) but he's certainly got the biggest output, the biggest web presence right now. And it contributing the most free pixel art with CC or totally free licensing, which is a huge deal to me personally.

I do quite like Cellious's style, quite different from what i'm used to see. Cellious and Delicious is the two strongest artists i have seen on this forum in my opinion.

Saying someone is better than someone else is a subjective way of saying different anyho *3*

Also, have a crab:

took a bit more time than i wanted it to *3*
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22949 on: May 27, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »

little russian trader guard.

Not happy with how the bow spreads in the second frame (upwards) but I'll tweak it later, got too much to do tonight. Figured he'd be the most fun to share.

rafal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22950 on: May 27, 2013, 05:56:58 AM »

Still life for pj challenge, I'm quite proud :D
Blambo
« Reply #22951 on: May 27, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »

little russian trader guard.

Not happy with how the bow spreads in the second frame (upwards) but I'll tweak it later, got too much to do tonight. Figured he'd be the most fun to share.

I can't get enough pixel ushankas.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22952 on: May 27, 2013, 06:57:13 AM »

for real

Because I was using the free tileset that Cell just posted?

Even if it WASNT someone elses tileset, and even if it WAS just shitty placeholder art that I had made, I can (and will) post it wherever I feel like because I want to. And besides I wasn't asking for critiques or criticisms in the first place.

Which, I don't know if any of you know this (psst. you dont) this isn't a C&C thread. Its a show your thing thread. I was showing my thing.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:02:22 AM by Rabbit » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #22953 on: May 27, 2013, 07:34:33 AM »

you're free to post w/e you want, just as other folks are free to provide critique/commentary as they see fit

it's a 2 way street

anyway don't get so defensive, the internet is a lot easier when we're all chillax bros

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22954 on: May 27, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

@rabbit well here's the thing. if you post something, you will get a reaction, because this is a discussion board. it's funny you're telling us what the thread's title is, because you didn't make the sprites or tiles in the screen you posted. ..

the lack of cc in this thread lately is kinda sad actually. on the rare occasion someone has something constructive to say, its received with complete dismissal or taken as personal attack

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22955 on: May 27, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »

anyway don't get so defensive, the internet is a lot easier when we're all chillax bros

ITS JUST THAT PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT TO ARGUE THE SEMANTICS OF EVERY LITTLE THING AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO CUT MY OWN FACE OFF

but youre right

siskavard
« Reply #22956 on: May 27, 2013, 08:16:44 AM »

Rabbit can do what he want
Bandages
« Reply #22957 on: May 27, 2013, 11:04:54 AM »

he's a strong independent shitposter who dont need no feedback
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #22958 on: May 27, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »

he's a strong independent shitposter who dont need no feedback

The Indie Master Race
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #22959 on: May 27, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »

Come on! This thread have been free of drama for very long, please don't import it here  Beg

Gentleman that's why we have this smiley, will you kindly stay gentlemen?

Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic