Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:33:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903597 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: November 17, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

I think it's a technical and gameplay matter, aka how to have strutured gameplay (complete with procedural scene) if the player can arrive in all sorts of matter, also removing potential noise to keep it focused. I was wondering a lot about that before seeing the game run before my eyes. It's question I have been struggling when trying to make similar design within a seamless world.

edit:

Also Ubisoft will spam a technique to death until there is a signficant backlash to it. It's about eing creative by leveling all game under the same formula ...
I wonder how long before they apes Shadow of mordor.

twedit:

Also the game don't really respect the fine point of the lore, the orks have a complete nuanced culture, with some of them even being poet, which goes against the intention of Tolkien's works (which is about the horror of war and something about racism and the kind) as they completely ruin it by making actual sensible and sensitive being. An irony many people didn't miss (you feel sorry for the orks) as the game seems to be parallel to a conlionalist discourse (kill them, enslave them, they have no culture, no souls).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:16:09 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

bitserum
« Reply #6161 on: November 18, 2014, 01:01:15 AM »

I played Courier of the Crypts demo and got a really good vibe out of it. Sort of a mix between early Zelda, some Diablo and has that Terranigma feel I like (story wise, without the grind).
Hopefully the guy who's making it manages to finish it soon.

Other than that... Dota2, this has got to be the 15th time I installed it, AGAIN, in the past 4 months...
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6162 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »

I played a couple playthroughs of Warlock 2: The Exiled, and then I found myself playing a bit of Dungeon of the Endless. Not sure what to think of it yet. I dislike the rogue-like parts, but I enjoy the RPG and tech tree parts.

I just have to pitch in that I really like the AssCreed series. The gameplay sucks me in, time after time. I don't even think it's objectively good, it's just subjectively something that I really enjoy. And I'm an old fucking fart, I usually like turn-based games. Though, I've not finished all of the AssCreed gams; I'm still on AssCreed 2: another Ezio gam. I also like the Batman 3rd person games that do the same combat a little bit better.
Shadow of Mordor was an instant add to my Steam list. I have no rush to play it now though, I'll be happy to pick it up for $20 or less in the future.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6163 on: November 19, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »

I wanted to keep playing Cargo Commander advancing through the ranks requires you to obtain unique cargo and each sector only has 6 different pieces and some of them are really rare, compounding this problem is that each sector only has 1 sector pass.

It just got too grindy and hard to play when the upgrades aren't permanent until you reach an unknown rank. It's a shame because I liked the background story and wanted to see how it ends, but the grind is just too much.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6164 on: November 19, 2014, 02:04:35 PM »

I intended to leave XCOM in the backburner for any other run, but eh, got caught by the Long War mod on Ironman Normal with a couple of Secondwave options (Cinematic Mode and Aiming Angles). The whole set of changes totally change how you approach the game definitely. My first UFO crash was a disaster when I finally got to the Outsiders and they obliterated my SHIV and my surviving squad. Not long after, my first terror mission as well with that goddamn zombie swarm.

There are times where it has been really frustrating, admittedly. Abductions are usually the breather levels (even with enhanced Sectoids) because fuck Thin Men on Council Missions - the EXALT vip mission was a complete failure as well because of them flanking me, and I had to rely on tactical retreats on Zhangs intro mission all the fucking time so I would not get obliterated on every skydrop ambush. I really appreciate that the panic scale is more manageable now tho.

Fuzzle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6165 on: November 19, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »

King Arthur's Gold .. I love it!  Wink
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: November 20, 2014, 02:45:57 AM »

Also Ubisoft will spam a technique to death until there is a signficant backlash to it. It's about eing creative by leveling all game under the same formula ...
I wonder how long before they apes Shadow of mordor.

yes

also i should say that i dont hate asscreed, it's just one of the most frustrating series to me b/c it has some seriously great ideas behind it that are never capitalized on. asscreed 1 was hyped up as a very dynamic game with its "social" stealth mechanics and platforming then turned out to be pretty much the exact opposite of that.
Blambo
« Reply #6167 on: November 20, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »

The fun of Shadow of Mordor is basically just playing pranks on orcs and then running away when too many of them start chasing you down. Then climbing up somewhere high where they can't really reach you until they lose interest and shooting them in the back with arrows. Rinse and repeat.

Shadow of Mordor as Bart Simpson simulator is hilarious
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6168 on: November 21, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »

I wanted to play a military shooter with a campaign and loads of guns and explosions so I booted up Battlefield 3.
It's got some good moments, like that liftoff from the ship and then having to track planes to lock missiles on them, but the rest of the campaign is pretty mediocre so far.

Pretty damn happy with how well it performs on my laptop, I have most of the settings I care about turned up to high.
The sound work is also pretty damn good with my logitech G35 headset.

I might get into the multiplayer but I don't really have time for that when I want to play so many other games.

bitserum
« Reply #6169 on: November 23, 2014, 02:19:41 AM »

Picked up "This War of Mine" and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
It's like a great mix of papers please, fallout and the sims.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6170 on: November 23, 2014, 02:27:11 AM »

Completed Battlefield 3, there was some more good missions in there like the one where you control a tank and fight other tanks, apart from that the campaign was mediocre at best. At least it was only 6 hours long.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6171 on: November 23, 2014, 03:29:00 AM »

I got this Shadow of Mordor game and wow is it really good. I've been farming this one guy for intel, and each time it says he's died, but he comes back later, slightly disfigured, until now, when he's basically all scars on his face and bandages. And he remembers me too! <3

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: November 23, 2014, 03:59:25 AM »

they have a chance to come back unless you decapitate them (tho im not sure how exactly that works and have been too lazy to look into it)
Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: November 24, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

Got Call of Duty Advanced Warfighter..While the production values are amazing the gameplay took a step back- It's turned into a bigger twitch shooter than Quake 3, except every weapon is as deadly as the railgun. Time to trade in, what was I expecting? Shrug

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6174 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

Played Jazzpunk because I got it from the humble bundle.
It's kind of boring because most of the game is just walking around, clicking things to hear jokes, and hoping they don't suck.

I was amused by some of the jokes and the little mini games like wedding quake, but overall it would have been a bit better if they focused on the quality of the jokes instead of the quantity.

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »

Dragon: The game. You fly around, breath fire and do other dragon things.

Great Early Access game, even if a bit buggy.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6176 on: November 25, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »

Hopefully not this game?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: November 25, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

You should play The I of the dragon instead.
What a weird game it was even back when each game felt like its made during drug-induced rave-party.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:06 AM »

Hopefully not this game?

Old version, issues he mentioned are fixed now. There are few new issues, but should be fixed by Thanksgiving. Also guy has annoying voice. If he want to review games, he should stick with text reviews.

//edit: I of the Dragon I know and love, but wanted open world dragon experience.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6179 on: November 25, 2014, 05:10:48 PM »

Played a bit of TF2 with my friends, mainly on surfing maps and that mariokart map, it had random items which resulted in some hilariously broken viewmodels.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic