Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:36:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTick Tock Isle
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: Tick Tock Isle  (Read 44594 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2015, 06:22:55 PM »

They can do some amazing things with pillow forts these days.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »

This week's goal was to work on Melody's puzzle. Didn't get much done over the week, as usual, but I've been working all day, and will hopefully get a lot done tomorrow too. After Melody's puzzle is all set, that means all of the big puzzles are in the game and the main gameplay is all coded!

After that would be putting in the climax of the story and also the ending. Both are going to require a lot of new art. We also have a giant polish/bug list of things to get to, so it still might be a bit before final release, but we're getting there.

Once I get enough tunes from Kevin, I was thinking of getting together a new demo for you guys to play.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2015, 10:27:44 AM »

Working away at the end event stuff. Working a bit on bugs too though. Really have nothing else to report, haha. Just thought I'd keep you guys updated that I'm working on this a little bit every week.

also here are a bunch of screenshots you've all probably seen already:

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

spent last night fixing a bunch of dumb typos i put into the dialogue. going to spend today coding in the story's climax. after that i'll probably put the ending on hold and work more on the bug fixing and polish of the main gameplay. i feel like finishing shouldn't take too long, but the ending needs a lot of art i havn't made so we'll see.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2015, 09:59:57 PM »

been working hard on the game for the past two weeks but nothing really interesting to report. it's all been bug fixing and polish.

i think i'm getting close to the end of both, and i might just be waiting on Kevin to finish audio. i'd like to get a demo out since i'm sure that will lead to more bug fixes and polish. getting that done will mean just the ending left.

does anyone have any questions about the game?

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »

The Tick Tock Isle Demo is ready to download!
Let me know what you guys think!
I'm still working away at the final version. I just need to make art for the ending and some final bug testing, and it will be done @_@

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »

Hey!

I just downloaded and played through, but I'm not sure where it ended. I got to the second clock where it says "we're not done yet".

Anyway, thoughts:

1. The art is beautiful and I love how there's hidden things such as (what I assumed was) the Tardis and the Master Sword in paintings. Or maybe I just interpreted them that way, haha.

2. Music is great and totally fits.

However, some questions/confusion/concerns. I know it's just a demo and might not represent anything in the final build, but I'll post it here anyway:

1. I was really confused what was happening in terms of story/context. There's a lot of random characters that just show up without any back story and the character says things that I didn't know his reason behind. Is there going to be a overall narrative to the game?

2. Minor, but maybe make a separate looking text box for the person on the phone. It's a little confusing sometimes to have to see if the little indicator is above the character or not. Also, the font is a little hard to read.

3. Is jumping going to be a thing in the final game? I didn't come across a need for it.

4. The tower is confusing to navigate. I couldn't map where I was when I went through the side doors and the front/back doors. Eventually I just ended up going one direction until I appeared back at the start which confused me even more. But, as I type this, I just realized it's a tower so it is round. I guess it's because everything looks flat, you don't get a sense you're going "around" the tower.

Anyway, I think that's everything. It's really cool and I imagine this is going to be something really awesome. Thanks for sharing your demo. Smiley
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2015, 08:02:07 PM »

lots of feedback

Thanks for so many comments! I'll try to comment back as best as I can.

0. The demo ends a little farther from where you stopped. Just for anyone else reading, the game will actually inform you when the demo is over.

1a. Thank you! A big bulk of the art is several years old, but i'm glad that it still somewhat holds up. Also every painting in the game is a reference to time or time travel. Some are pretty obscure though!

2a. I agree, Kevin did a fantastic job with the soundtrack.

1b. The game is very narrative driven, and since the demo was only the intro to the characters, naturally things should seem a bit random! Hopefully things will seem more clear once you have completed the full game.

2b. You have a very good point here. The whole game only uses the one text box, so i'm afraid using a different one only once during the phone call scene would be a bit weird, but i'll keep thinking about a solution. The font always seemed fine to me, but you can also press 3 and 4 to scale up the pixels!

3. Jumping will be needed in the rest of the game. You actually didn't get to the final part of the demo where jumping is very much needed ;]

4. Fair point. Just like any game you need to explore the area enough times to know exactly where you are. There is also a map in the inventory that might be helpful.

The feedback was really great, thank you. The game is too far developed for some of the major design points you brought up, but I'll keep them in mind for future projects :]

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »

Hey everyone! It's been a while, but I've been busy. Posting this little updated to show off the trailer for the game!

Release date news coming soon!

droxon
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »

I really like those colors :D very nice!
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

Nice trailer! Loving the pixel art and detailed animations. Following Cool

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »

YISSSSSS Panda

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
El-Metallico
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2015, 06:49:54 AM »

Man, the trailer is stunning!
I downloaded the demo already, I'll test it today's evening, I hope that the story will be as cool as art.

Game music composer and pixelartist.
Music Portfolio 
Pixelart Portfolio
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

We are excited to say that we just put Tick Tock Isle up on Steam Greenlight.
Give us a vote, if you can!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

Voted. Good luck Wink

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »

Really cool trailer, love the art style.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2015, 04:45:58 AM »

Just went to vote for the Greenlight but see you've already made it, so congrats on such a quick turnaround.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »

Just went to vote for the Greenlight but see you've already made it, so congrats on such a quick turnaround.

Yeah it was pretty unexpected!
Thanks everyone for their votes! The game will be out soooon!

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2015, 09:04:03 AM »

Tomorrow!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Jump to: